"American Idiot" Musical Tour

plaid ducky

They had most of the venue curtained off, so maybe 2000 capacity? Lots of unsold seats, so even though I bought the cheapest tickets, we were able to quietly move down before the show started.

I am happy that we went, even my husband was singing along at some points, but the crowd we had was SO quiet, and dare I say it, very senior. In London, they sell sets of tickets and call it a season of Broadway in London,so I am sure a lot lf people bought theirs as part of this and did not know what it would be! Lots of shaking heads and "What was all that?" on the way out.....

The venue in Toledo we went to also does the seasons too, but while AI happened within the '13-'14 season, it wasn't included in the four or five shows season ticket holders got as part of their subscription, and I'm glad they did that, because I think it minimized that at my show. It sounds like they should have done it at your show. While the crowd was definitely largely white, middle and upper-middle class suburban and a little subdued (not angry or impolite, though), unless they're the type who have the luxury to buy tickets to every show at the theater, most everyone had to have had some idea about the show. Plus, even though the venue was kind of empty so not that many people bought tickets, I'm glad we didn't have to fight season ticket holders for seats :lol:

• Like 1

They had most of the venue curtained off, so maybe 2000 capacity? Lots of unsold seats, so even though I bought the cheapest tickets, we were able to quietly move down before the show started.

I am happy that we went, even my husband was singing along at some points, but the crowd we had was SO quiet, and dare I say it, very senior. In London, they sell sets of tickets and call it a season of Broadway in London,so I am sure a lot lf people bought theirs as part of this and did not know what it would be! Lots of shaking heads and "What was all that?" on the way out.....

That's so awesome! The cheap ticket part.

Seeing this on tuesday... And wednesday!

Bet you're "Overjoyyed!!"

Okay, bad pun. Have fun either way!! :)

• Like 1

HOLY CRAP. That is not Billie? :mellow:

I saw someone saying how much his nephew looked like Billie but I hadn't actually seen him! wow that's amazing. hahah

When he's got his hair styled like Billie the resemblance is uncanny.

• Like 1

one of my friends went to the musical last night in torronto and posted this on facebook.

i thought i'd share with anyone who was interested :)

"In case any Green Day friends are interested, here's some things I learned at the musical tonight:
Extraordinary Girl just doesn't work without the flying. Michael Mayer was apparently very upset it couldn't be included.
The musical wants to go to Australia, but no one down there is interested in having it.
The movie is gaining pace and is apparently 1-1.5 years away; the script is being properly worked on now. Tom Hanks is still involved.
Billie is most likely going to play St Jimmy; his name on the credits being a big expected drawcard.
Also, the new(ish) touring cast are great!"

• Like 1

one of my friends went to the musical last night in torronto and posted this on facebook.

i thought i'd share with anyone who was interested :)

"In case any Green Day friends are interested, here's some things I learned at the musical tonight:

Extraordinary Girl just doesn't work without the flying. Michael Mayer was apparently very upset it couldn't be included.

The musical wants to go to Australia, but no one down there is interested in having it.

The movie is gaining pace and is apparently 1-1.5 years away; the script is being properly worked on now. Tom Hanks is still involved.

Billie is most likely going to play St Jimmy; his name on the credits being a big expected drawcard.

Also, the new(ish) touring cast are great!"

Billie Joe. Movie. St. Jimmy. :mellow:

I CANT EVEN CONTAIN MYSELF RIGHT NOW OH MY FUCKING GOD

• Like 1

Baby it's a blow out just curious who did your friend talk to ?

i'm honestly not 100% sure, i didn't ask.

i'm thinking maybe they had some sort of Q&A, but i couldn't be certain.

Just seems odd that the guy who plays Johnny was asked about the movie in an interview today and he said he's not 100 percent sure about it.

Just seems odd that the guy who plays Johnny was asked about the movie in an interview today and he said he's not 100 percent sure about it.

about him being in the movie, or just the movie in general?

But why would Jared know anything major about it anyway? Just because he's a cast member doesn't mean he will. It's not odd at all that he doesn't know anything. If it's still in the script writing stage as it was mentioned above then he definitely won't know anything about it, for now anyway.

He's entitled to his opinion. Just because he's in the musical doesn't mean he has to be completely for a movie adaption.

No I'm just saying Jared mightnot know anything. But who did the person talk to find out the info. Michael Mayer doesn't go to every show.