"American Idiot" Musical Tour

plaid ducky

Evan Jay Newman @evanjaynewman 45m

So unbelievably proud of @andrewhumann . He was spectacular in his St Jimmy debut! #star

Exclusive Interview with Chelsey Turbin from the Nation Tour of American Idiot!

http://austinentertainmentweekly.com/2014/01/10/exclusive-interview-with-chelsey-turbin-from-the-nation-tour-of-american-idiot/

Graphic Designers! Design a poster around @IdiotOnTour themes & your poster could be part of the set

http://cwdetroit.cbslocal.com/enter-to-have-your-poster-design-in-the-american-idiot-set/

Hope that st jimmy Daniel c Jackson is ok he's been out of the show for 2 days and he posted on twitter before that jimmy died today ( I know it's an idiot lyric ) but still hope he's ok.

Going to go see it tonight in Kansas City. Will post a thorough analysis of everything different from the Broadway run if you guys want.

• Like 1

Andrew Humann, Billie Joe's nephew, sings "President Gasman" in Broadway American Idiot tour

• Like 4

Going to go see it tonight in Kansas City. Will post a thorough analysis of everything different from the Broadway run if you guys want.

Yes, absolutely! :)

Andrew sounds a bit like Billie. I really liked that version of Holiday from him, I usually find that particular section of the play cringe-worthy.

Well there was surprisingly little different from Broadway, which in my opinion is a good thing. As has been noted before, the flying in Extraordinary Girl has been nixed which is a shame because that part was really technically impressive. The stage and the venue were smaller, making it more intimate, but I think this took away from the "epic" feel that it was supposed to have, also saddened me. In Homecoming, instead of the Rock and Roll Boyfriend singing " and another ex-wife" Will sings "somebody give me a knife". I just didn't understand why they changed that, but it didn't detract nor add, but was just a bit jarring. The two times they say the word "fag" in the musical the singers exaggeratingly limpwristed. Fans know that the term is used in a tongue-in-cheek way but it felt... weird. I didn't like it.

And then Andrew as St. Jimmy. Wow. This has always been my favorite role in the show so I payed close attention to it and he did not disappoint. For being an understudy, he rocked it. He didn't have the gleeful enthusiasm and playfulness that Billie had, but he played St. Jimmy as darker, more menacing. His singing was on perfectly and he looked like a 2010 era Billie with the big shock of dyed blonde hair (and he looks like him too).

All in all it was great to see again. It wasn't as impressive from a technical or musical standpoint, but only slightly so (and this is coming from a super-critical eye). I loved to hear the music performed like that again and it's definitely rekindled my interest in the album.

• Like 4

In Homecoming, instead of the Rock and Roll Boyfriend singing " and another ex-wife" Will sings "somebody give me a knife".

It actually has been like that since it was on Broadway! It just wasn't on the cast recording, seeing as it was recorded before opening night (or possibly even before previews began) and changes were still made after it. :)

I have my tickets for February. Exited to see how the touring cast is. I haven't seen the show since it's last performance on Broadway three years ago. I did see Taylor Jones sing the anthem at the A's game and she was amazing.

Well there was surprisingly little different from Broadway, which in my opinion is a good thing. As has been noted before, the flying in Extraordinary Girl has been nixed which is a shame because that part was really technically impressive. The stage and the venue were smaller, making it more intimate, but I think this took away from the "epic" feel that it was supposed to have, also saddened me. In Homecoming, instead of the Rock and Roll Boyfriend singing " and another ex-wife" Will sings "somebody give me a knife". I just didn't understand why they changed that, but it didn't detract nor add, but was just a bit jarring. The two times they say the word "fag" in the musical the singers exaggeratingly limpwristed. Fans know that the term is used in a tongue-in-cheek way but it felt... weird. I didn't like it.

And then Andrew as St. Jimmy. Wow. This has always been my favorite role in the show so I payed close attention to it and he did not disappoint. For being an understudy, he rocked it. He didn't have the gleeful enthusiasm and playfulness that Billie had, but he played St. Jimmy as darker, more menacing. His singing was on perfectly and he looked like a 2010 era Billie with the big shock of dyed blonde hair (and he looks like him too).

All in all it was great to see again. It wasn't as impressive from a technical or musical standpoint, but only slightly so (and this is coming from a super-critical eye). I loved to hear the music performed like that again and it's definitely rekindled my interest in the album.

I saw it last night in KC as well.. You pretty much summed everything up really well. I've seen the show five times now. Opening night in NYC, closing night in NYC, St. Louis, Chicago, and now KC.

Wills line "somebody give me a knife" has been there for quite a while.. If I remember correctly, it was that way for closing night. Also, this was my favorite cast besides the original of course. I'm always picky about voices and the only one last night that I wasn't extremely crazy for was the guy playing Tunny. He wasn't bad, just didn't blow me away. Other than that, killer cast for this tour. :D

It actually has been like that since it was on Broadway! It just wasn't on the cast recording, seeing as it was recorded before opening night (or possibly even before previews began) and changes were still made after it. :)

Wills line "somebody give me a knife" has been there for quite a while.. If I remember correctly, it was that way for closing night.

Well crap, I must not be as observant as I thought I was :ermm:

Andrew Humann, Billie Joe's nephew, sings "President Gasman" in Broadway American Idiot tour

Thanks for finding that video. I like seeing how the actors do their own thing with their part.

• Like 1

Okay so I'm really confused and I really need someone to help me.

I'm looking to get tickets for when AI comes to Fort Lauderdale, but ticketmaster and the venue don't seem to be selling tickets yet. However, places like stubhub have tickets and prices listed. My first thought is that people are just saying that they have the tickets and as soon as they go on sale they are going to buy them and then sell them, but I'm not 100% sure. I mean, tickets do seem really overpriced which is why I think it's not really legit but I don't know. Anybody willing it make a guess? Do you think they just aren't on sale yet?

I'm looking to get tickets for when AI comes to Fort Lauderdale, but ticketmaster and the venue don't seem to be selling tickets yet. However, places like stubhub have tickets and prices listed. My first thought is that people are just saying that they have the tickets and as soon as they go on sale they are going to buy them and then sell them, but I'm not 100% sure. I mean, tickets do seem really overpriced which is why I think it's not really legit but I don't know. Anybody willing it make a guess? Do you think they just aren't on sale yet?

Not on sale yet. Looks like they go on sale Fri. Jan 31 at 10 am. Not sure how stubhub, etc works. I trust the venue.

https://www.browardcenter.org/online/default.asp?doWork::WScontent::loadArticle=Load&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::article_id=A1C4CA55-0FC0-4BB6-90D5-279861DAFD4D

Not on sale yet. Looks like they go on sale Fri. Jan 31 at 10 am. Not sure how stubhub, etc works. I trust the venue.

https://www.browardcenter.org/online/default.asp?doWork::WScontent::loadArticle=Load&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::article_id=A1C4CA55-0FC0-4BB6-90D5-279861DAFD4D

Stub Hub "might" have season ticket holder tickets ready to sell. That would be my guess but while I trust Stub Hub and have used them in the past, in this case I still think I'd wait for the venue to start selling them and then compare prices and seats to Stub Hub and get the best I could afford.

Stub Hub "might" have season ticket holder tickets ready to sell. That would be my guess but while I trust Stub Hub and have used them in the past, in this case I still think I'd wait for the venue to start selling them and then compare prices and seats to Stub Hub and get the best I could afford.

Thanks guys! While I do trust stubhub, they do tend to be overpriced especially if the tickets are unavailable/sold out. I'll just wait until the 31st and get them then, looking at the link you provided it seems that the tickets already are at least $20 cheaper than stubhub's. :)

I'm going to go to the States again to see it (specifically Detroit, Michigan). If anyone else is going to this show, send a PM my way.