"American Idiot" Musical Tour

plaid ducky

Still got a spare ticket for the 9th 7.30 show - PM if interested

Can't wait to see it though, all the reviews from GD and non-GD fanbases have been great

I went to see it yesterday and it was great. Not in a way that I would go and see it over and over again, but I really liked it. Plus, the guy who played Johnny was damn hot. :D

I went to the opening night in London, and was so impressed. I wasn't really sure how the dancing would fit with the music, but the choregraphy is so clever and works so well. The cast were all brillant aswell, and come to think of it so were the band. Like someone mentioned the guy who looked a bit like Billie who was the conductor, was so clever. I ended up watching him for a while!lol! The story really was told so well by the songs, it's certainly rekindled my love for AI again, and made me listen to the album in a different way. I also liked at the end how the cast throw the guitar pics to the audience, and I was jammy enough to get one!

I'm just going to let you know about a conversation I heard between two ladies. The first one said to ther other "one of the guys looks like Billie", her friend agrees with her. The first lady goes "I think it is Billie", her friend goes "I don't think it is him". The first lady goes "I think it is him. It looks like him". The second lady goes " no it's definately not him".

Oh dear!

• Like 1

Saw it 3 times in the past week, it was so great!
Too bad that other guy played Johnny last night though - he kinda sucked...

Went to see the musical for the second time tonight and it was even better! Decided to buy another ticket, my 4th one! :bunny:

Saw it 3 times in the past week, it was so great!

Too bad that other guy played Johnny last night though - he kinda sucked...

I'm going to assume by "last night" then you mean thr evening show which means you saw John for Johnny.

You're going to have to give him some leeway; it was his first time on as Johnny & quite frankly, he has one of the most difficult understudy tracks... Not only is he in the ensemble full-time but he understudies all three main guys: Johnny, Will & Tunny. No other cast member in the history of the show has that track. While Van Hughes was standby for all three on Broadway, he didn't have an ensemble track on top of it. John needs to still get his feet wet & find his own path as the character. Plus, you never know, he mighy have had some nerves.

I'm going to assume by "last night" then you mean thr evening show which means you saw John for Johnny.

You're going to have to give him some leeway; it was his first time on as Johnny & quite frankly, he has one of the most difficult understudy tracks... Not only is he in the ensemble full-time but he understudies all three main guys: Johnny, Will & Tunny. No other cast member in the history of the show has that track. While Van Hughes was standby for all three on Broadway, he didn't have an ensemble track on top of it. John needs to still get his feet wet & find his own path as the character. Plus, you never know, he mighy have had some nerves.

Yeah, I meant him. I heard he played Johnny on Friday too. :/

It's fine if someone's nervous for the show, but if someone messes up lyrics, doesn't sing well, forgets lines and dance moves, and obviously gets told by others what to do, then I consider that a bad thing, especially cause it's one of the main characters he's playing. He did Whatsername quite nice though.

It's fine if someone's nervous for the show, but if someone messes up lyrics, doesn't sing well, forgets lines and dance moves, and obviously gets told by others what to do, then I consider that a bad thing, especially cause it's one of the main characters he's playing. He did Whatsername quite nice though.

Man I must be more un observant than I thought! This happenned last night?

Man I must be more un observant than I thought! This happenned last night?

It happened at the Saturday night show (the 8th).

Saturday night was his first time ever. He didn't go on on Friday; pretty sure Alex was on then.

I give understudies leeway, especially for their first time. Full-time people... Not so much. The actor who played Tunny on Broadway after Stark left... He messed up three of the four shows that I saw him, and the fourth was closing so he had to get everything right then.

Obviously, if they decided to cast John & let him understudy the three 3 leads, TPTB know that he's fully capable of doing each role. Give him another chance because it's not easy.

Saw it last night on my birthday...it was so so so good! Much better than I anticipated! I loved it! Got to meet all of the cast afterward too, they were lovely!

Now I just wish that I could see it again...

No, Alex played Johnny on Friday and I really loved his performance. :happy:

I think the dude who plays St.Jimmy is really lovely, some of us met him at the tube station. I didn't like his voice though.

went to the 15 .30 showing at the appolo and to be honest found it to be a little dissapointing ,i was always going to enjoy the music but was hoping for it to be louder and more intense ,i think sitting towards the back did not help the sound [ did anyone else feel this ? would go again if i had the chance but would get tickets nearer the front ,the highlight was good riddance at the end which i will never forget .

Saturday night was his first time ever. He didn't go on on Friday; pretty sure Alex was on then.

I give understudies leeway, especially for their first time. Full-time people... Not so much. The actor who played Tunny on Broadway after Stark left... He messed up three of the four shows that I saw him, and the fourth was closing so he had to get everything right then.

Obviously, if they decided to cast John & let him understudy the three 3 leads, TPTB know that he's fully capable of doing each role. Give him another chance because it's not easy.

Oh, my bad, I thought I heard someone say that, but apparently it was his first time then.

I usually don't care that much when someone messes up a bit, but this was quite bad. He was a bit better in the second half though.

No, Alex played Johnny on Friday and I really loved his performance. :happy:

I think the dude who plays St.Jimmy is really lovely, some of us met him at the tube station. I didn't like his voice though.

Alex is so good! :)

I met the St. Jimmy guy too, as well as most of the other cast members. Actually we met pretty much all of the cast the night before the opening in London - we accidentally ran into them trying to buy tickets for more shows at the venue haha.

• Like 1

I saw it 3 times over the weekend and loved it, although not as much as the Broadway version. St Jimmy is just....no.

I also managed to get two signatures but I have no idea how the actors are called. Does anyone know the name of the girl who's wearing the red Ramones shirt during the performance?

I think it was her whom I met. I'm not good at remembering faces and names. And we also met this one guy but I have no idea how to describe him other than saying he was damn cute :lol:

I saw it 3 times over the weekend and loved it, although not as much as the Broadway version. St Jimmy is just....no.

I also managed to get two signatures but I have no idea how the actors are called. Does anyone know the name of the girl who's wearing the red Ramones shirt during the performance?

I think it was her whom I met. I'm not good at remembering faces and names. And we also met this one guy but I have no idea how to describe him other than saying he was damn cute :lol:

The guy who played Johnny was damn cute, did you meet him? :woot:

You mean the blonde tiny girl? I think her name is Chelsea.

And which guy do you mean? Which character did he play?

You mean the blonde tiny girl? I think her name is Chelsea.

And which guy do you mean? Which character did he play?

The small blonde girl in the Ramones shirt is Chelsea Turbin. She's on twitter

Ah yeah, that must be her then, thank you! I just looked at the signature and the first letter looks like a C :lol: So must be her.

And I have no idea which guy I mean haha I did get a photo with him though so whenever the person who took it sends it to me, I'll upload it and see if someone can tell me who it is.

Ah yeah, that must be her then, thank you! I just looked at the signature and the first letter looks like a C :lol: So must be her.

And I have no idea which guy I mean haha I did get a photo with him though so whenever the person who took it sends it to me, I'll upload it and see if someone can tell me who it is.

No problem :)

I got a few photos with castmembers on my facebook, so you can see if you recognise him somewhere :P

The guy who played Johnny was damn cute, did you meet him? :woot:

Not sure if it was him. He had dark hair, that's all I remember :lol:

If only I could find a list of names and google them.

Not sure if it was him. He had dark hair, that's all I remember :lol:

If only I could find a list of names and google them.

There's a list of all the cast members on their Facebook. Maybe you can find him there, but the Johnny guy was blonde, so I guess it wasn't him.