"American Idiot" Musical Tour

plaid ducky

This was reviewed on BBC Radio 4 earlier and they didn't like it :(

From 6.45 if you want to listen http://www.bbc.co.uk..._Agyness_Deyn/]

I switched of after the person reviewing this claimed Green Day only had two or three successful hits and a lack of material was the reason it wasn't very good. What makes me laugh is at least 4 tracks from the album where hugely successful (AI, Holiday, BOBD, Wake Me Up ETC) let alone the entire back catelouge of albums. You could also argue tracks like JOS & St Jinmy are known by the majority of most people. Even if there not as such considered hits. I appreciate she reviews theatre for a living and im not a regular goer but God dam don't go on natinal radio and criticise something when you can't even get your facts right in the first place. Comparing something like American Idiot to Mamma Mia is also funny. There's literally 0 resemblance between the two bands if you can call Abba a band. The only thing they have in common is both bands had a production made out of their albums.

Fair enough she didn't like it but let's be honest she sounded old enough to be my Gran do you really excpect her to like it.

Edited by seanwalford

I switched of after the person reviewing this claimed Green Day only had two or three successful hits and a lack of material was the reason it wasn't very good. What makes me laugh is at least 4 tracks from the album where hugely successful (AI, Holiday, BOBD, Wake Me Up ETC) let alone the entire back catelouge of albums. You could also argue tracks like JOS & St Jinmy are known by the majority of most people. Even if there not as such considered hits. I appreciate she reviews theatre for a living and im not a regular goer but God dam don't go on natinal radio and criticise something when you can't even get your facts right in the first place. Comparing something like American Idiot to Mamma Mia is also funny. There's literally 0 resemblance between the two bands if you can call Abba a band. The only thing they have in common is both bands had a production made out of their albums.

Fair enough she didn't like it but let's be honest she sounded old enough to be my Gran do you really excpect her to like it.

Yeah the 'only 2 or 3 successful hits' annoyed me too. Fair enough if she didn't like it but I think she went a bit over the top with how much she didn't like it. Like saying she was surprised people were still in their seats at the end!!

I'm selling a single ticket for one of the shows at the Hammersmith Apollo in London...is anyone interested? PM me. Or if you could point me in the right direction where I can advertise this that would be great also :)

I had a quick listen to it, and yeah, she was rather rude about it, and not very knowlegable about Green Days recordings etc, but I would disagree with the comment that there is no resemblance between Abba (that was) and Green Day. Obviously, Abba have not been a working band since around 1984, but if you look at their work ethic when they were on the go, the recording/production of their albums etc, then I think you would find some similarities although not in the actual style of music, which is probably what most people would initially think of. Mamma Mia is the only other musical I have actually seen, so maybe I should try and remember back to about 2004, and do a comparison after I go to see AI, and let that reviewer know.

I (unfortunately) have three tickets for sale/giveaway for the December 9th evening show in London. They're pretty good seats.

If anyone here knows someone who would like to go, please give me a way to contact them. I'll let the buyer decide how much they want to pay for the tickets.

Does anybody know what sort of merch is being sold at the UK shows and how much they are? Would love one of the AI hoodies i've seen online :)

Does anybody know what sort of merch is being sold at the UK shows and how much they are? Would love one of the AI hoodies i've seen online :)

My brother had a quick look so no gurantee the prices are right but he said thhe hoodies where £40 and T-Shirts are £20. We took 6 of each at that bargin of a price :P

I (unfortunately) have three tickets for sale/giveaway for the December 9th evening show in London. They're pretty good seats.

If anyone here knows someone who would like to go, please give me a way to contact them. I'll let the buyer decide how much they want to pay for the tickets.

LOL My mum said she'd be interested in going after seeing the reviews of the show. However with it being in London its a journey with travel costs. If you really cant get rid of them give me a shout and ill see what i can do.

• Like 1

How long is the show? I need to see if Mum and I can get the last train home or if we need to drive.

I saw it on Saturday!! It was bloody amazing! Once you get past the fact that someone else is singing the songs it's just brilliant. :D

Only ordered my tickets a few day ago but they already arrived! Can't believe I'm seeing it in just over a month.

Is anybody seeing the musical in Cardiff? I saw it yesterday and loved it, more than I thought I would. I had lost some interest in it since buying tickets ages ago but it was epic. SO glad I finally saw it.

I saw it on Saturday!! It was bloody amazing! Once you get past the fact that someone else is singing the songs it's just brilliant. :D

yeah I think that will sound weird at first. But I've heard some songs from the soundtrack and my first impression was that they did a pretty good job.

Is anybody seeing the musical in Cardiff? I saw it yesterday and loved it, more than I thought I would. I had lost some interest in it since buying tickets ages ago but it was epic. SO glad I finally saw it.

Yeh i have just seen it in Cardiff now. It was so fucking epic i loved it from start to finish and got bit teary at the end with Whatsername sound so good :D :D

I did! And I know what you mean about getting tickets early, I got mine like December last year :lol: Anyway, I just got back from today's show and it was truly amazing! :D It was so energetic!

Unfortunately I also have 3 tickets for sale for the show in London. They're for dec 7th, friday, evening. 2 are in row N seat 20-21 and 1 is in row E seat 42. This one i a VIP-ticket which I bought through the Idiot Club, but don't know if there's more included than the ticket. Please PM me if you're interested or know someone who is. :)

hmm... still haven't got my tickets (for the London show on 9th Dec). i'll give it a few more weeks before chasing tho

Let me know if you want to buy a ticket for Dec 9. My friends and I have 3 for sale, third row, center :)

Edit: Or did you mean you haven't received them in the mail, maybe? :happy: I got digital tickets...

I just watched a behind the scenes thingy of the american idiot tour where the JOS actor sings When It's Time and the band and Adrienne are watching it and she looks like she is going to cry - so beautiful! :wub:

Let me know if you want to buy a ticket for Dec 9. My friends and I have 3 for sale, third row, center :)

Edit: Or did you mean you haven't received them in the mail, maybe? :happy: I got digital tickets...

It's ok I have 2 tickets which i bought last December but they haven't arrived yet. The email said not to chase until a couple of weeks before the event so i'll be patient! still looking for someone to go with though

So I'm seriously thinking of buying two tickets to see the show on the 16th (the closing show) at Hammersmith Apollo :)

What songs do they play?