"American Idiot" Musical Tour

plaid ducky

^ Oh god the lunges :lol:

Opening night for AZ is finally here!

you better be nice to the cast Arizona

:dry:

I was there! :D

We were very nice.

I wonder, are the dates already announced for UK and Ireland all that there will ever be or is there any chance of more shows being announced in the UK, Ireland, or anywhere else in Europe?

21 Guns (LIVE!) Green Day Tour Cast 4/24/12

When It's Time (LIVE!) Green Day Tour Cast 4/24/12

I wonder, are the dates already announced for UK and Ireland all that there will ever be or is there any chance of more shows being announced in the UK, Ireland, or anywhere else in Europe?

For the moment, those are all the dates planned. Based on an apparented UK tour cast member's tweet, the UK tour cast will be the same cast that comes back to the US for the non-equity tour. However, that isn't official so I would wait until official word comes out. Because if that's the case, ugh. :S

DesertRose, you might want to change that title of those videos to "tour cast" instead of "Broadway cast," in case someone gets confused.

Speaking of which, can we take a moment and compare these live performances of "Wake Me Up When September Ends"?

Tour (Van, Jake, and Scott):

Broadway (John, Michael, and Stark):

Which would you honestly prefer?

• Like 2

My love for Green Day has to wait :( I live in Arizona as the tour is here but I cant go see the show because my family just cant afford it. Oh how I would die for a miracle to see this play. It sucks so much :((

DesertRose, you might want to change that title of those videos to "tour cast" instead of "Broadway cast," in case someone gets confused.

Speaking of which, can we take a moment and compare these live performances of "Wake Me Up When September Ends"?

Tour (Van, Jake, and Scott):

Broadway (John, Michael, and Stark):

For me, the perfect version would be Esper, Stark and Van.

I agree with Hege. I've seen AI 12 times, in NY and LA, with a number of different cast members. Van Hughes as Johnny (I've seen him as Tunny, lol), Michael Esper as Will (Altho, Kelvin Moon Loh was AWESOME), and Stark Sands as Tunny (This character gets the curse of the poorest vocal performances from most actors). This list is rock solid for me.

If you were to ask me about other characters, I'd have a LOT more difficult time... ESPECIALLY Jimmy...

My love for Green Day has to wait :( I live in Arizona as the tour is here but I cant go see the show because my family just cant afford it. Oh how I would die for a miracle to see this play. It sucks so much :((

I won tix through my local rock radio station's twitter/facebook. Athough it was for the opening night. But go 'Like' & follow the local rock/alternative stations & the theatre and see if they have contest giveaways going on. :)

I won tix through my local rock radio station's twitter/facebook. Athough it was for the opening night. But go 'Like' & follow the local rock/alternative stations & the theatre and see if they have contest giveaways going on. :)

Are they doing lotto in AZ? It was the only way I could afford to see the show more than once.

Out of these two performances,

John, Michael & Stark! I'm a Van lover too but I liked John's voice better from this choice. (Not his rolley :rolleyes: eyes though, haha.) ah, Essssper! :D

Are they doing lotto in AZ? It was the only way I could afford to see the show more than once.

I haven't heard if they are doing lotto in AZ. You'd have to call their box office to find out I think. But that would be a great idea to find out too.

Oh well... hopefully they come back and are in America again.. maybe ill take a trip up to Berkeley for a weekend to see it if it goes back there.

Just got home from seeing the musical!!! It was Awesome as F**k. I had no idea Jake was in it I remember him from Degrassi.

Guys I'm getting two seats in orchestra A row 3 for 80 bucks!!!

Plus I'm seeing it again!

• Like 1

In case you didn't know, you're not allowed to record video of the show. It's actually distracting to fellow audience members as well as the cast. It's not a concert where you can take out your camera & film or take photos whenever you feel like it. Also loudly singing along or standing up at your seat to dance or sway is also frown upon.

Just saying.

I know, but if people didn't we wouldn't have a ton of awesome footage from the Broadway shows.

If I bugged anyone, they should have spoken up.

Here is a video of most of the cast voting for the Broadway Hunter Games. Skip to 2:55 to see them. :)

• Like 1

Green Day goes Broadway

It’s not everyday that a Canadian television star plays an “American Idiot,” but at the AT&T Performing Arts Center’s newest show of the same name, former Degrassi star Jake Epstein tackles one of the three lead roles in the Green Day themed musical.

For Epstein, its a chance to play out a dream he has had since he was 12 years old.

“Green Day was actually the first concert I ever went to,” Epstein said.

Epstein isn’t a stranger to musical theater, or music as a whole.

As a teenager, Eperstein played in numerous bands with his friends.

“I could list them all but that would take all afternoon,” Eperstein said.

In “American Idiot,” Eperstein plays Will.

As Eperstein describes it, Will is “a stoner, slacker type” that finds out life-changing news in the show’s second number “Jesus of Suburbia.”

“‘Jesus of Suburbia’ is one of my favorite numbers in the show,” Eperstein said. “It’s so loud and in your face but it also is essential in moving the story along. A lot happens in that number.”

The performer claims that “American Idiot” is equal parts political statement and rock-musical.

“There are huge political undertones in the musical,” Epstein said. “Green Day’s music is sort of like that...it’s good to listen to but it also has a serious side.”

As part of the show, Epstein tours across America with the cast members. While the actor admits that the traveling can be a little rough, Epstein says that the cast is incredibly close.

“Honestly, doing this show was the most fun I’ve ever had on stage,” Epstein said.

“American Idiot” runs at the Winspear Opera House at the AT&T Performing Arts Center May 8 through May 20.

http://www.smudailyc...95#.T6FeKNnQenA

Giveaway: American Idiot

Win tickets to opening night of the musical based on the Green Day album at the AT&T Performing Arts Center.

Dallas — For today's giveaway, we have several pairs of tickets to the tour of the Tony-winning musical American Idiot at the Winspear Opera House at the AT&T Performing Arts Center. The tour runs May 8-20, and these tickets are for opening night, 8 p.m. Tuesday, May 8.

Here's a description of the show, which is based on the Grammy-winning Green Day album of the same name.

Direct from Broadway, the smash-hit musical American Idiot tells the story of three lifelong friends, forced to choose between their dreams and the safety of suburbia. Their quest for true meaning in a post 9/11 world leads them on the most exhilarating theatrical journey of the season. Based on Green Day's Grammy Award-winning multi-platinum album, American Idiot boldly takes the American musical where it's never gone before. The result is an experience Charles Isherwood of The New York Times declares "thrilling, emotionally charged, and as moving as any Broadway musical I’ve seen this year!"

To win, email tickets@theaterjones.com, and put AMERICAN IDIOT in the subject line. In the body of email, put your name, address, phone number and best email contact.

You have until 11:30 p.m. Thursday, May 3 to submit an email. We'll notify the winners Friday morning.

http://www.theaterjones.com/stagewhispers/20120502075112/2012-05-02/Giveaway-American-Idiot