"American Idiot" Musical Tour

plaid ducky

I was sitting in Mezzanine N. I really wanted closer seats, but the tickets were a gift. I'm not complaining though! I could still see it perfectly, just at a bit of a distance

So we probably didn't see each other (I wanted to meet a GDC'er...)

I was orchestra level row F, so we were pretty close, which was cool. :)

So we probably didn't see each other (I wanted to meet a GDC'er...) I was orchestra level row F, so we were pretty close, which was cool. :)

Lucky you! :) I wanted to meet a GDC member too. Too bad we didn't know before...

Lucky you! :) I wanted to meet a GDC member too. Too bad we didn't know before...

I know right, but we live pretty close so maybe some day. :P

I'm seeing the musical on May 29th in Costa Mesa! Ordered my tickets yesterday :)

I can't believe I'm seeing it tomorrow. it feels like I bought tickets a lifetime ago, and it's finally time!

I can't believe I'm seeing it tomorrow. it feels like I bought tickets a lifetime ago, and it's finally time!

Awesome! Have a great time :happy:

oh my GOD, that was just incredible. My expectations were so high and I was still blown away. Everyone was amazing, Matt did a great job and he screwed up one line in Novacaine but otherwise I liked him a lot.

Tomorrow apparently Larkin is going to be on as Johnny, and I hope Jake is on because I want to see him.

I'll probably write out an actual recap in the morning!

I'm kind of bummed out I didn't get to see Jake, but I guess I might when I go out to San Francisco. anyway I LOVED Larkin's Johnny, maybe not quite as much as Van but he was still really great. there were several times that he looked identical to Billie Joe, which was really weird, haha. at the stage door he was so sweet and adorable and ah I love this cast.

• Like 1

I'm kind of bummed out I didn't get to see Jake, but I guess I might when I go out to San Francisco. anyway I LOVED Larkin's Johnny, maybe not quite as much as Van but he was still really great. there were several times that he looked identical to Billie Joe, which was really weird, haha. at the stage door he was so sweet and adorable and ah I love this cast.

When I took my friend in Raleigh, she preferred Larkin over Van. Heh.

I really wished I could see Matt (or Kelvin, for that matter) as Will. Don't get me wrong, I like Jake. He actually remembered me from when I saw him as Melchior. While he sings great, his line readings aren't my favorite. They don't flow and it seems like awkward pauses. Van sometimes does this, too, so I don't know if it's a directorial change that Michael Mayer gave or what but it kinda bugs me. :ermm:

• Like 1

Matt posted on Twitter this picture of him & Larkin as Will & Johnny, respectively:

AnxpYzCCMAIH_8P.jpg

• Like 1

A little video that Nicci put together; don't know if she meant for it be public yet or not so let's just keep it here. :)

• Like 3

Matt posted on Twitter this picture of him & Larkin as Will & Johnny, respectively:

AnxpYzCCMAIH_8P.jpg

I would have loved to have seen this!! :)

A little video that Nicci put together; don't know if she meant for it be public yet or not so let's just keep it here. :)

That was great! Thanks for sharing! :)

That was fun! thanks! So great seeing them all getting along with each other so well. Ew, finger up Gabe's nose. funny & gross at the same time. :lol:

aaahh that video makes me miss them already :( Kobak was the greatest, when he put his arm around me for a picture he started growling hahaha. I'm so excited to see the show again this summer... July can't come soon enough!

• Like 1