"American Idiot" Musical Tour

plaid ducky

Just got an email offer for the Chicago performances:

For an extra $30 per person you can get champagne and snacks before the show, store your coat and bag(s) safely for free and have more drinks and snacks at intermission.

Seriously? There is no intermission and $30/person seems awfully high for snacks and champagne, even in Chicago!

Shoot you don't even get to meet the cast or anything. Yeah, so no, nope not buying it.

I thought AI didn't have an intermission and the run time was just about 90 minutes.

If you could meet the cast, pay the $$ for sure!

ALSO,

it's ONE WEEK until the opening night of AI in Chicago! <3

I thought AI didn't have an intermission and the run time was just about 90 minutes.

If you could meet the cast, pay the $$ for sure!

ALSO,

it's ONE WEEK until the opening night of AI in Chicago! <3

That was the point I was trying to make and Jaymee thought it was just a standard email to all theatre goers. Either way, it's a lot of money for not a lot. ;)

• Like 1

You can easily meet the cast after the show at the stage door, for free. Why pay money for something that you're already guaranteed for free?

I'm going to need a "scorecard" to keep all the new actors straight. Maybe I'll print head shots and carry them with me! :lol:

You can easily meet the cast after the show at the stage door, for free. Why pay money for something that you're already guaranteed for free?

btw...for anyone going in Chicago, the stage door is around the corner on Dearborn.

• Like 1

I've been playing Words With Friends with Scott for the last couple days. Funny moments have been had :lol:

• Like 1

Just got back from Raleigh, North Carolina after seeing American Idiot the broadway musical - WOW. I've been obsessed with the band since 1997 or so, but this show really just gave their music a whole new meaning for me. I've played American Idiot through and through a million times, but now every word and every note resonates with me so much more than it did before. It was amazing from start to finish. I nearly cried!

the 'book' that you get upon entering really sucks, in that there is only a page or two about green day and the rest is advertisements for Applebee's and computer programs and garbage like that - but that is my only complaint. Great acting, great singing, great story, great lighting, great view - the story, as it was presented, came across much darker to me than I had interprete the album, which i liked. It fleshed it out and really gave it a sense of being reality. The drug problems, the family issues, the breakups, the friendships, the loss of all of the above, it struck a nerve....i wanted to stand up and sing every word - but this was no rock concert. so I sat with my feet and legs bouncing away. MAN, man , man - I am so blown away. GO SEE THIS SHOW. we drove about 5 hours to see it, and my wife (not a huge green day fan) even thought it was well worth it. it's comedy. it's tragedy. it's freaking brilliant - BUY TICKETS NOW!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

Just got back from Raleigh, North Carolina after seeing American Idiot the broadway musical - WOW.

It really changes some aspects of how you interpret the album's content, doesn't it? And what Tom Kitt did with the arrangements..... :wub:

I have one extra ticket for the Chicago show, Saturday, Feb 11 at 8:00pm. It's center orchestra, row M (I think). I was going to take the bf, but he would enjoy it less than a real Green Day fan. I'm not trying to make money on this, so will accept any payment up to, but NOT over, the face value. Haven't been very active on the GDC, so not sure best way to communicate. Let me know if you're interested.

Anybody going to see the musical in Costa Mesa? I will be around at that time, so I'll probably see it a couple of times if I can get tickets :happy:

Does anyone have any audio from Jillian doing TMTS? She's performed it 4 times now, and I'm interested to hear how she fairs against Talia.

Does anyone have any audio from Jillian doing TMTS? She's performed it 4 times now, and I'm interested to hear how she fairs against Talia.

I saw her on yesterday & today. I'll post the audio in a bit. :) She has a young voice, of course, but I liked it.

Kobak, Jake & Van played at a bar last night. They wrote their own songs & played them with the other two backing them up.

Kobak: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrhNq2A8P18

Jake: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9hRJwSE-Kk

Van: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIsaleaeueE

• Like 1

Haha holy shit I was not expecting that, even when you said she sounded younger (which I DID expect...but still). She did pretty well...but definitely not my favourite. She did the ending perfectly though!

And ahhhh you went to the release party?? You lucky bum. Thank you for the videos!

Haha holy shit I was not expecting that, even when you said she sounded younger (which I DID expect...but still). She did pretty well...but definitely not my favourite. She did the ending perfectly though!

And ahhhh you went to the release party?? You lucky bum. Thank you for the videos!

Jilian's so adorable. LOL. But yeah... I've heard pretty much everyone else's TMTS (Alysha, Aspen, Corbin, Lorin...) and I would put Jillian in the middle. I would love to hear her sing it again in a few years. That said, I would be very interested to hear/see her as Extraordinary Girl.

It wasn't a release party, but Dan Grennes who is the bass player on tour as he was on Broadway had a gig with his band, Uncle Pumpkin. After they played, Kobak, Jake & Van played their songs. A good number of the cast was there. I was able to talk to Omar, who had his tour debut on Sunday, which I was so excited to see. He'll be leaving tour after Minneapolis. Jarren should be back in Chcago. :)

I have one extra ticket for the Chicago show, Saturday, Feb 11 at 8:00pm. It's center orchestra, row M (I think). I was going to take the bf, but he would enjoy it less than a real Green Day fan. I'm not trying to make money on this, so will accept any payment up to, but NOT over, the face value. Haven't been very active on the GDC, so not sure best way to communicate. Let me know if you're interested.

You should post about this in here:

I'm going to need a "scorecard" to keep all the new actors straight. Maybe I'll print head shots and carry them with me! :lol:

btw...for anyone going in Chicago, the stage door is around the corner on Dearborn.

THanks for telling me! I'll be stage dooring tomorrow night!

It was a release for Dan's band's CD, I'm 99% sure of that. Either way that's not important. What's important is that you provided me with Kobak, which I've been having serious lackings of. Also, I've never heard Aspen's TMTS...I'm just going to assume that you have audio of every song with every possible person ever, so if you would be so kind Vi :P

It was a release for Dan's band's CD, I'm 99% sure of that. Either way that's not important. What's important is that you provided me with Kobak, which I've been having serious lackings of. Also, I've never heard Aspen's TMTS...I'm just going to assume that you have audio of every song with every possible person ever, so if you would be so kind Vi :P

Oh, they didn't have any CDs but they did mention that it's on iTunes. :D I really liked them. Also, I totally got your glitter chest reference, now. LOL.

As far as Aspen's TMTS goes...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1641504/tmts_peacock.mp3

Juat saw an episode of USA Network's Royal Pains and Van Hughes was a guest star. He played the lead vocal and guitarist of a rock band that he started with his best friend in high school. Thought it was a great story line, sounds like Green Day's early start.

Oh, they didn't have any CDs but they did mention that it's on iTunes. :D I really liked them. Also, I totally got your glitter chest reference, now. LOL.

AHHH so he's still doing that?? Good. Good good good. It was such a great surprise when he pulled his shirt off during the final show in Toronto (not that it wasn't already...hello nip studs). I could just picture him in his dressing room holding a bottle of body glitter in one hand and rubbing the other all over his chest while laughing like a kid and sporting a (ga) face.

Jilian's so adorable. LOL. But yeah... I've heard pretty much everyone else's TMTS (Alysha, Aspen, Corbin, Lorin...) and I would put Jillian in the middle. I would love to hear her sing it again in a few years. That said, I would be very interested to hear/see her as Extraordinary Girl.

Ahh, so close and yet so far for you Vi! Jillian's on for Nicci tonight.

Oh wait I misread...Krystina will be doing EG tonight. That will also be...interesting. And by interesting, I mean please dear God let it be better than her Whatsername. Please. Audio of this will be vital.