"American Idiot" Musical Tour

plaid ducky

i actually found out about this site after getting home from the Detroit show on the 19th which is my birthday and i must say BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVERRRRR most amazing musical i have ever seen

Awesome! Welcome to the forum! Glad you enjoyed the show, it is amazing, isn't it? :)

Heh. Kobak. I only saw his St. Jimmy once (maybe twice). However, there was this one show, around the time of the Tonys where the showtimes were strange. He thought it started at 8 but it was actually 7. The stage manager just told him to stay home since they didn't really need him as a swing. Then about at St. Jimmy, Brian banged his head on something backstage so they called Kobak in since Omar was already in for Declan. Kobak literally drove his motorcycle in, got into costume & was in the show for Brian by LOTAG. Then for the rest of the show, Omar went in Brian's track & Kobak was in Declan's. They both are awesome so I hope I get to see both of them on next weekend. :)

Wow that's incredible. It's like, what would they have done if he didn't make it on time?

I just got Aska and I front row tickets for the matinee on July 7th! RIGHT IN KOBAK/TALIA ZONE. I am crying already.

Wow that's incredible. It's like, what would they have done if he didn't make it on time?

They would have just inserted him in the next available song. If he didn't make it at all, they would have left Brian's track empty or Omar would have split Brian's and Declan's. There were a few times on Broadway when Omar had to double-track. A couple of times, Omar was in Gerard's track so he started "American Idiot" and then ran down the stairs to be in Chase's track. During "Holiday," he would pop out to sing Gerard's line and then go back on the bus to do Chase's. LOL.

I just got Aska and I front row tickets for the matinee on July 7th! RIGHT IN KOBAK/TALIA ZONE. I am crying already.

That's great - how did you get them? The best I could get was row B on July 4th for me and Karen.

Hey guys! I haven't posted on here much - been busy! - but I went to Boston for the day yesterday to see the show and it was awesome! There are a couple of weak links, but overall the cast is great. Here's my more in depth thoughts and pictures of the theatre:

http://tinyurl.com/7bjn6jn

Hey guys! I haven't posted on here much - been busy! - but I went to Boston for the day yesterday to see the show and it was awesome! There are a couple of weak links, but overall the cast is great. Here's my more in depth thoughts and pictures of the theatre:

That was fun to read! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and all the photos. That looked like a gorgeous theater.

I think I would miss the rising platform, also - but I guess it was a given that it wouldn't be there for the touring version. :lol:

That's great - how did you get them? The best I could get was row B on July 4th for me and Karen.

I took to eBay. What route did you go?

I took to eBay. What route did you go?

Oh! Didn't even think about looking there! :( I actually managed to get them through one of the presales; can't remember if I used the theatre's own presale code or the IC one. It was the only date with good seats, obviously because everyone else will be out celebrating!

Loved reading your thoughts. :) Thanks for sharing.

Great reading. Nice to hear more about the differences from NY to the road show. Still looking forward to the Chicago shows. Wonder how much of these changes hubby will notice?

oh leslie how could you wear a patriots shirt in boston......did you think no one would tell the new yorkers

Well she was in Boston! So it is fitting...

• Like 1

Just got an email offer for the Chicago performances:

For an extra $30 per person you can get champagne and snacks before the show, store your coat and bag(s) safely for free and have more drinks and snacks at intermission.

Seriously? There is no intermission and $30/person seems awfully high for snacks and champagne, even in Chicago!

Shoot you don't even get to meet the cast or anything. Yeah, so no, nope not buying it.

Just got an email offer for the Chicago performances:

For an extra $30 per person you can get champagne and snacks before the show, store your coat and bag(s) safely for free and have more drinks and snacks at intermission.

Seriously? There is no intermission and $30/person seems awfully high for snacks and champagne, even in Chicago!

Shoot you don't even get to meet the cast or anything. Yeah, so no, nope not buying it.

Wow! That's a lot of $$$ for something less than thrilling. LOL about the Intermission...when there isn't one!

That sounds like it was probably a bulk email they sound out before every production, since it mentions an intermission.

Oh... to comment on this:

Leslie (Heather) and her female counterpart wear basically the same costume during Too Much Too Soon, which I hadn’t noticed in the Broadway production.

It was suppose to be that way in Berkeley and on Broadway as well. Not exactly the same but similar shirt with a blue sweater. Will and his counterpart wore almost the same as well. I had it to explained to me once that these counterparts weren't really Heather & Will's friends but their conscience.

tumblr_lps47svLIZ1qb5grvo1_500.png

tumblr_ljhdg8elNf1qzietgo1_500.jpg

• Like 1

I only saw Tony and Billie in the role, other than on poor quality secretly recorded video. There is nothing like that high wailing, "Wahhhhhhhh" during KYE, I agree!

I swear I will *never* forget that backstage growl that Billie let loose right before his entrance as St. Jimmy. It was...."other-worldly"....that's the best I can describe it and I have yet to hear it equalled by anyone else!

• Like 1

Ahh, on the closing show in Toronto Kobak was making all sorts of noises before making his entrance (the first time he had done so out of the times Aska and I went) and it was like AHHHH memory lane.

• Like 1

That sounds like it was probably a bulk email they sound out before every production, since it mentions an intermission.

Maybe, but I've ordered tickets before for this theatre and other theatres in Chicago and I've never seen an email offer like this before. Sure it's great for money for the theatre, but still...

Ahh, on the closing show in Toronto Kobak was making all sorts of noises before making his entrance (the first time he had done so out of the times Aska and I went) and it was like AHHHH memory lane.

so much flailing was had by us :D