"American Idiot" Musical Tour

plaid ducky

I'll post one song of Larkin's Johnny (either BOBD, LOTAG/SAR or WIT) and Krystina's "21 Guns." I would post her "Letterbomb" but it's pretty underwhelming. =/

Can you send me her Letterbomb anyway? I'm curious to hear it.

does anyone know why you have to buy like a ticket package for the San Francisco shows... you seriously have to buy tickets for like 3 nights instead of just one night.... fucking sucks

That's for subscriptions, which allows you to buy tickets before they go on sale to the public. Also, you can't just choose 3 AI shows, it has to be 3 different shows.

Gen sale that starts on Friday for San Fran at 10am...is that eastern?

I think its 10am Pacific time

That's for subscriptions, which allows you to buy tickets before they go on sale to the public. Also, you can't just choose 3 AI shows, it has to be 3 different shows.

so does that mean that closer the date comes, they will sell individual show tickets?

so does that mean that closer the date comes, they will sell individual show tickets?

You can buy individual tickets now, if you wanted. The general public sale is on Friday but presale is available now.

http://www.shnsf.com/shows/AmericanIdiot

Click on the "Buy Tickets" link on the right side & put in "4IDIOT" (or 1IDIOT, 2IDIOT, 3IDIOT, 5IDIOT, 6IDIOT...) to access tickets. Granted, they're full price so between $50 and $200. Closer to the date, they might announce a rush or lottery for cheaper tickets.

So glad I got presale tickets for SF closing, just had a look for better tickets at mainsale, counted 15 available tickets in orchestra, best one at row H on the right! Shitty!

I called San Fran, the rep said that the tickets had been on sale for almost a year through season ticket holders and subscribers. I told him it was kinda hard to believe that for EVERY single show, nothing past row G was available in the orchestra. He was very nice about it, and looked up everything and said he saw a bunch of 'unavailable' but not sold tickets, which led him to believe they would be released at a later date. I also asked about lotto, and he said that there hasn't been any rumours of it happening yet but it's a good possibility since it's a younger crowd and they're willing to stand outside for rush tickets.

So for now, we have to settle with row G (for those of us who want better). Ew. But yay, guaranteed spot nonetheless.

• Like 1

I called San Fran, the rep said that the tickets had been on sale for almost a year through season ticket holders and subscribers. I told him it was kinda hard to believe that for EVERY single show, nothing past row G was available in the orchestra. He was very nice about it, and looked up everything and said he saw a bunch of 'unavailable' but not sold tickets, which led him to believe they would be released at a later date. I also asked about lotto, and he said that there hasn't been any rumours of it happening yet but it's a good possibility since it's a younger crowd and they're willing to stand outside for rush tickets.

So for now, we have to settle with row G (for those of us who want better). Ew. But yay, guaranteed spot nonetheless.

So, fingers crossed for lotto! :) Either way, it will be so incredibly awesome! :D

new blog from Kelvin

Day 69: Boston, Birthday, and Boys (oddly appropriate day number)

Just kidding about the boys (or maybe not...). I just thought alliterations are more fun in three's. That is unless you count the beautiful boys in American Idiot of whom I adore them all individually (and apparently all of Boston's reviews) Regardless of birthday festivities, I had to go to work and hit the grind ;-)

Can I begin to tell you what a gift it is to perform on your birthday?! I guess as I am blogging, I already have....

Well, it is. It's a special day on stage and to realize that I am a year older and traveling on tour with such an incredible show. The best fucking show actually. There's not another show I'd rather be a part of. It is a blessing. A St. Jimmy and/or J.O.S. type blessing. The best kind of blessing then!

This is also the first city that I feel like we finally have a schedule where we can explore. Boston greeted us with the best weather (scary weather for January....global warming exists!!) and we have done all the fun things. Quincy Market and James Hook and Co. I feel like I have single-handedly demolished the Lobster population in New England.

As I didn't post much about Detroit, I have to say, that is where I met my PERSONAL FANCLUB. Whom I adore. They have been nothing but sweet and the gifts have been pouring in. They know my love of glitter..... My heart was pounding like drum to meet them....

I never thought of myself as fan worthy. So I'm just going to pretend like I'm their fan!

It has been a truly AMAZING week..... so Birthday pics GO!

image%282%29.jpeg Boston Opera House. Amazing Marquee!!!

photo%252813%2529.JPG Most Thoughtful Gift from Vince Oddo, My Hero!!!

photo%252814%2529.JPG One of the many artworks I received from my favorite Twidiots in Detroit!!! I sent it home with Mama Moon Loh so I can keep it forever!!!

photo%252815%2529.JPG Beautiful Artwork by the beautiful Ran Xia. The bottom left is me with the YELLOW Mohawk!!

So, fingers crossed for lotto! :) Either way, it will be so incredibly awesome! :D

would love a lotto especially on days i can make it up there

You guys I had the most beautiful dream about Kobak last night, my heart is hurting it's been almost 2 weeks since I've seen him how the fuck am I supposed to last until July I'm gonna be curled up in a ball crying for the next 5 months :cry:

Heh. Kobak. I only saw his St. Jimmy once (maybe twice). However, there was this one show, around the time of the Tonys where the showtimes were strange. He thought it started at 8 but it was actually 7. The stage manager just told him to stay home since they didn't really need him as a swing. Then about at St. Jimmy, Brian banged his head on something backstage so they called Kobak in since Omar was already in for Declan. Kobak literally drove his motorcycle in, got into costume & was in the show for Brian by LOTAG. Then for the rest of the show, Omar went in Brian's track & Kobak was in Declan's. They both are awesome so I hope I get to see both of them on next weekend. :)

• Like 1

Fucking Kobak, and Omar, aww. I love that story! If you get a chance to see Kobak, give him a not-too-awkward hug for me. He's a good hugger.

Those in San Diego, just to let you know, Broadway San Diego has "America Idiot" on their 2012-2013 for May 28th to June 2nd in 2013.

http://www.broadways...ericanidiot.php

This might change but it's there for now. Along those line, 90% sure that this will not be the current tour cast. The current tour is an Equity tour with Equity actors. If there is an "American Idiot" tour in 2012-2013, it will most likely be a Non-Equity tour with Non-Equity actors. Sometimes you couldn't tell the difference between Equity & Non-Equity and sometimes your can. If you saw the show in New York (or Berkeley), you know how massive the set is. If you then saw the show on its current tour, you know that it's been scaled back a little. For a Non-Equity tour, it can (and probably will) be scaled back even more.

All that to say, if a Non-Equity tour is announced for the 2012-2013 season, be aware that it will not be the same cast nor will be on the same scale as the Broadway version and probably not even the Equity tour version. Bonus, though, is that it will probably go to smaller cities that the Equity tour didn't go.

If I hear more, I'll past it along. :)

• Like 1

i actually found out about this site after getting home from the Detroit show on the 19th which is my birthday and i must say BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVERRRRR most amazing musical i have ever seen