"American Idiot" Musical Tour

plaid ducky

Do tours like this usually extend or go beyond the announced dates? I know we have a lot ahead, including UK, but I'm still hoping it'll go to more places after... (either additional US dates or even Europe..)

Will I be fine if I don't renew my IC membership and just get them day of of the general sale for the San Francisco dates?

Do tours like this usually extend or go beyond the announced dates? I know we have a lot ahead, including UK, but I'm still hoping it'll go to more places after... (either additional US dates or even Europe..)

An usher that Aska and I spoke to told us that they're trying to line up the show to come back to Toronto due to its success. So perhaps?

I want Kobak back in my country :cry:

I've decided that he's the best St. Jimmy I've seen. Seeing Billie was amazing, and no one can understand the role better than he can. But I think the reason a lot of people loved him so much as St. Jimmy was because it's just fucking him. They pay more attention to the fact that it's him, and not the character. St. Davey was too sassy for my tastes.

Really? Good to hear that he is doing a great job with the role. What about St. Tony, though? First and definitely one of the most amazing!

Really? Good to hear that he is doing a great job with the role. What about St. Tony, though? First and definitely one of the most amazing!

I never got to see him unfortunately. Aska tells me wonderful things though! But I'm pretty sure I get the idea of how great Tony was, judging by Josh's performance since he was his understudy. It was nice to hear him wailing the high notes too, during Know Your Enemy, instead of the growly 'YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHH' that everyone got used to with Billie.

Unless Kobak changed his St. Jimmy from Broadway, he's actually different from Tony. Kobak played it sexier (like PJ actually) while Tony was more sinister. Andrew was in the middle. Chase was... well, St. Peacock. Davey & Melissa had their own way of things. Billie played it more of being Johnny's bad boy side.

new blog from Kelvin

Day 59: Canada, destroyed. USA, you're next! (Twitter Challenge #2)

Finally crossed the border back to the USA as I managed not to become an international criminal of any kind. Mostly because Toronto kept us on our toes everyday.

No matter what you do, no matter how much you love it..... Every job eventually feels like a job. And I love my job as an actor. But sometimes- just sometimes before I walk on stage, I think, "I don't know how I'm going to get through this one."

You could try to phone in a show with American Idiot (it would be feat but completely doable). But even when I've missed my morning cup of coffee.... something always grabs a hold of my heart and soul as the curtain rises. I don't know if you believe in God or not, as I am not sure if I do- but what one can always believe in is the power of people.

I think that is what THEATER is.... a manifestation of the power of people.

Because no matter how tired I am, suddenly you can feel the collectively energy of hundreds of people sharing one room. They are holding their breath for an experience and I am suddenly empowered to deliver.

This is a testament to the generous Toronto audiences. This is a testament to the Mosaic Youth Theater group that made our Detroit opening extra special. This is a testament to anyone who loves live theater and continues to support it.

Meanwhile we gain one more AI Broadway Alum! Welcome Omar!!!

Every performance is special. You can't hit "back", you can't rewind your Tivo. When it's done, it is done, now performance every identical to the last. And if every performance is special, that means every audience is special. Especially when it's glittered with some of the best fans one show could possibly hope for.

*** Twitter Challenge #2 !!! ***

So this week, Nicci Claspell (Extraordinary Girl, Nicci's Blog) and I have been scouring the websites and we would like to encourage you all to ask us any questions about the show. If we can, we'll tweet you back (me @KelvinMoonLoh , Nicci is @nclaspell). But today we ask you a question!!!

What is your favorite American Idiot Musical song and why? #IHeartIdiot

Be sure to tag it with #IHeartIdiot ! As we go through this week's Twitter Challenge, I'll try to get answers from the cast!!! Thanks for tweeting!!!

photo%25287%2529.JPG All my bars of soap are covered in St. Jimmy glitter by the end of the night....

photo%25288%2529.JPG Toronto Cast Boards. Actor's Equity Cast and Stage Managers!!!

photo%25289%2529.JPG Our Detroit Opening Night Playbill! The gorgeous Detroit Opera House!

photo%252810%2529.JPG Made a tongue-in-cheek memorial for Jarran Muse. Get well soon, buddy! We love and miss you. photo%252811%2529.JPG

I never got to see him unfortunately. Aska tells me wonderful things though! But I'm pretty sure I get the idea of how great Tony was, judging by Josh's performance since he was his understudy. It was nice to hear him wailing the high notes too, during Know Your Enemy, instead of the growly 'YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHH' that everyone got used to with Billie.

I only saw Tony and Billie in the role, other than on poor quality secretly recorded video. There is nothing like that high wailing, "Wahhhhhhhh" during KYE, I agree!

There's a Pre-Sale for the San Francisco stop.

http://www.shnsf.com/shows/AmericanIdiot

Keyword is 4IDIOT.

The first performance is all $50.

The weekday performances range from $31 to $81 with premium seats at $200.

The weekend performances ring from $51 to $100 with premium seats at $200.

The availability is looking okay for a majority of the shows.

If you have the money now, definitely snatch up some seats because it might get pricey later.

Does anyone know what time the final performance is on July 8 for San Francisco. All I am finding availability is for the 2pm show???

Does anyone know what time the final performance is on July 8 for San Francisco. All I am finding availability is for the 2pm show???

That's the last show. There aren't any Sunday evening performances.

That's the last show. There aren't any Sunday evening performances.

Thanks. I didn't want to get tickets for that and then see oh look there is an evening performance.

My Tickets for March 3rd literally just came in the mail!!! I'm so excited!!! I've been kinda obsessing over the musical ever since I found out I could go. :runaround:

Thanks. I didn't want to get tickets for that and then see oh look there is an evening performance.

I bought tickets for July 8 too. See you there :)

What seats were best available to you when you got them? The closet Aska and I could get was Row G...which we got, but they're not good enough for us.

Thanks so much Plaid, for posting about this pre-presale (and Ingrid for texting me!) I wonder what the IC presale will be like now...

I got Row G seat 107 and 109 for me and Karen. :D

• Like 1

Yes see you there and best I'm finding is row x since i been at work and havent been able to get on with my phone.

Oh an found some row g but damn 200 bucks

Thanks so much Plaid, for posting about this pre-presale (and Ingrid for texting me!) I wonder what the IC presale will be like now...

And I got row G seat 105! :D

Really hope I'll be able to go in the end, but if not I will definitely sell to a GDCer. ;)

• Like 1

You deserve rep for all the hard work!

Not much point in the IC presale now, is there...

Now that we got our tickets already no