"American Idiot" Musical Tour

plaid ducky

Wow, seeing all these pictures (on facebook) of those super familiar scenes but with almost all different people is strange.

Wow, seeing all these pictures (on facebook) of those super familiar scenes but with almost all different people is strange.

I agree. You really need to get used to that and their different voices.

Who is this person who saw it on Broadway 146 times??? My mouth is ajar.

Ha! I thought the same thing. Perhaps that was a typo, that seems extreme. Even if she did lotto or standing tickets nearly every time, that's a ridiculous amount of money spent on entertainment.

Then again, maybe she was an employee - merch selling or ushering - at the St. James. If I was already in the theater and working, I'd watch it too.

yea i saw a tweet saying she was there. Makes me wonder...and hope haha.

Dude, are you going again ...? I'm gonna be there again on the night of 4 January! Imagine if any of the boys were there ... Holy shit.

New Blog From Krystina

#UticaRocks

IMG_3066.PNG

#UticaRocks, the saying of our time in Utica, and even though there wasn't much to do where we were staying (mostly because we didn't have cars or any free time), the tech process brought on lots of bonding, laughing, and hard work that paid off to beautifully tech-ed and performed shows at the end of the week! This show is a beast to light and sound and costume and it really was amazing to see all of it come together! Most of my costumes are the same but I have a new AI look, and a new Rebel and Homecoming look. Everything else it basically the same stuff I wore on Broadway which makes me happy cause I love it but I also love the new stuff! To the right is a picture of my St. Jimmy outfit! Even though we had very limited free time, we had to eat! We spent most of our dinners eating at the restaurant Ancora by the theatre which we were so happy existed because there were not a lot of options! The atmosphere was nice, and the food was so yummy!! I recommend it to everyone! As for the other stuff around the theatre, there sure were some funny happenings between the hotel and the theatre. Our first day, we stopped at a place called "Green Mountain Coffee" and we were like, oh awesome a coffee shop! We walked up to the door and these old guys were like " What are you kids looking for?" and we told them coffee and then they said, "well this is sometimes a coffee shop but we are having a meeting today". We were like, uh okay. I will say though, between the Rite-Aid 20 minutes away, the wig shop down the street, and using our imaginations with what he could find at the hotel, our Secret Santa was a huge success that we had! People got creative, got thoughtful...Julian, one of our guitarists even whittled his secret santa an arrowhead out of his hotel soap!

IMG_3101.jpgNow onto more important things, CHRISTMAS!! How was everyones?? and Hanukkah? I had such a wonderful time having my first New York Christmas. Because of our schedule, I wasn't able to find the time to squeeze in flying home to Arizona for our few days off for Christmas which was super weird for me because this is a huge deal with my family! It was hard, but I will say, my small Christmas with my rommies was so much fun!! We watched Christmas movies, opened lots of presents to each other and sent from our families, and had a full on feast including a ham, mac&cheese, collard greens, tamales, beans (homemade Mexican refried beans that I made from scratch!!) and yummy desserts. Not to mention a breakfast feast too of cheesy eggs, cinnamon rolls, and a fancy southern apple sausage roll! It really was such a nice time being at home in my apartment with people I love. I missed my family, but I couldn't have asked for a better and more fun first Christmas in New York! What did everyone get for Christmas? or give?? My favorite thing I gave was a calendar I gave to my parents that I designed with a bunch of pictures of us kids when we were little and stuff. They loved it! And a few of my favorite gifts I got was a Juicy Couture perfume sampler, an awesome dress that I am going to wear for opening, and these beautiful diamond earrings with my birthstone in the middle (woah). I hope you all had a wonderful holiday full of love and lots of food!

Last but not least, here is a picture you Spring Awakening fans might enjoy!! Look who came to our first preview and brought me my favorite flowers??!

IMG_1253.JPG

krystina :)

Next City: TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA!!

(remember to leave any and all recommendations for food, fun, sight seeing or just about anything in this city! Also, leave any questions if you have them about the rehearsal process, flying, life, or anything!)

oh and I have to give a shout-out to Katie Fitzmorris for all of her awesome recommendations to do in Utica! Thanks Katie! We never got a chance to check them out cause of our bonkers schedule, but we loved all your ideas!!

Ha! I thought the same thing. Perhaps that was a typo, that seems extreme. Even if she did lotto or standing tickets nearly every time, that's a ridiculous amount of money spent on entertainment.

Then again, maybe she was an employee - merch selling or ushering - at the St. James. If I was already in the theater and working, I'd watch it too.

Actually, she's a friend of mine. She mostly saw it via lotto but she had free tickets sometimes. I don't think it's too strange/expensive.

I know someone here that saw it 100+ times. I saw it over 35 times & I live in DC not NYC. People have their reasons to see it more than once. My friend & I went for the cast not really for GD or Billie. With so many different options for swings & understudies, it's exciting to see different takes on things.

Say that Green Day had a gig very week in Oakland but they played a different set each time. You can't say that you wouldn't try & go to each time.

[/soapbox]

• Like 4

I saw it in NYC at least 40 times, and I'm far from a stalker. I think. I hope. Cheap seats, lotto, hanging out with friends and people from out of town. It was kind of fun. I've never done that for a B'way show and never will again, but it was great while it happened. What Plaid Ducky said about seeing different cast do different roles, seeing Melissa Etheridge, Danny Havok, Billie Joe, and almost every St. Jimmy understudy do the role and various other people filling in for the main cast. It was neat to see everyone's take on the roles.

People do this all the time with Broadway shows. I don't, but some do.

• Like 1

Yea I met a guy who was a huge fan of the show "Billy Elliot" saying that he's seen the show class to 250 times, around the world, with multiple different kids playing "Billy". If I had the money and time, I would love to see AI over and over again with different casts. Even just comparing the New York cast to the tour was pretty cool.

Dude, are you going again ...? I'm gonna be there again on the night of 4 January! Imagine if any of the boys were there ... Holy shit.

I'd love to go again, but i don't have any definite plans to. I've put side the money in case there is even the slightest rumour that they will be there, I can get a ticket. Even if they don't come to Toronto, I will probably see it once more in the next few weeks (:

Like I said, it's probably just the green eyed monster speaking ... Because personally, I would never in my life have enough money to go and see any sort of show or concert more than a couple times apiece.

I mean, 140, 250 times? Jesus, man. Adding up ticket prices, as well as accounting for travel, food, and board, we're talking at least twenty or thirty grand here. ((Even if you pared down everything to the bare, dirty minimum, it'd still be around ten thou, I'm thinking.))

If I had an extra twenty grand laying around at my disposal, I'd be more likely to give it to my Dad to help pay off our mortgage! :wacko:

Like I said, it's probably just the green eyed monster speaking ... Because personally, I would never in my life have enough money to go and see any sort of show or concert more than a couple times apiece.

I mean, 140, 250 times? Jesus, man. Adding up ticket prices, as well as accounting for travel, food, and board, we're talking at least twenty or thirty grand here. ((Even if you pared down everything to the bare, dirty minimum, it'd still be around ten thou, I'm thinking.))

Well, my friend lives in New York. Like I said, she did mostly lotto or rush which was $27. So, multiply that by 140, it's just under $3,800. So, let's say she spent under $5,000 for the entire run. It wasn't unreasonable for her. If given the opportunities, you go with it if you want.

Sorry that you live too far away to have the opportunity to have seen it multiple times.

I think we all agree that everybody can go and watch a show as often as he wants and is able to. Everyone spends his money for different things and if seeing a show that often is what makes you happy and what you think is worth the money than there's nothing wrong about it.

• Like 3

From Twitter:

GabrielNacci

I will be performing Johnny this Friday night and the Saturday matinee! If your around check it out.

I think we all agree that everybody can go and watch a show as often as he wants and is able to. Everyone spends his money for different things and if seeing a show that often is what makes you happy and what you think is worth the money than there's nothing wrong about it.

Yeah, I agree. Everyone's got something that makes them happy. It might seem stupid to one person but to another it could be completely different, especially if It's a once in a lifetime thing. I don't understand how someone could spend thousands on a car or decorating a house but loads of people do. We all do it somehow :P

Looking forward to more news from the show :)

• Like 2

Yeah, I agree. Everyone's got something that makes them happy. It might seem stupid to one person but to another it could be completely different, especially if It's a once in a lifetime thing. I don't understand how someone could spend thousands on a car or decorating a house but loads of people do. We all do it somehow :P

Looking forward to more news from the show :)

Yeah, exactly. :)

I am going the last show in London, in the evening! feel free to add me on FB (link below) if you are too!!

I can't wait! :D Got it as a present from mum and dad for my birthday haha.

• Like 1

i'm so excited! for christmas i got tickets to see it in Detroit. best present ever :dance: i cant wait

• Like 2

Actually, she's a friend of mine. She mostly saw it via lotto but she had free tickets sometimes. I don't think it's too strange/expensive.

I know someone here that saw it 100+ times. I saw it over 35 times & I live in DC not NYC. People have their reasons to see it more than once. My friend & I went for the cast not really for GD or Billie. With so many different options for swings & understudies, it's exciting to see different takes on things.

Say that Green Day had a gig very week in Oakland but they played a different set each time. You can't say that you wouldn't try & go to each time.

[/soapbox]

I guess it's where your priorities lie. It seems an astronomical sum (approaching $4,000) to me to spend on entertainment, even with her being local. But if that is what is important to her, and there are no other things for her to put her hard earned cash toward, more power to her! I'd have a hard time spending that, with college savings for three kids in my future and lots of other household expenses.

I don't think it's stalker-ish of your friend at all to have seen it so much. Just interesting and kind of shocking to me. I saw it about ten times myself between NY and Berkeley, and I think that was really all I needed to see it. Personal preference, of course.

Thousands of dollars on a show is ridiculous.

Well I find people spending thousands on make-up, or clothes, or accessories, or phone bills and other things ridiculous, but I happily spent thousands seeing GD and the musical.

Each to their own - if it makes someone happy then who are we to call them ridiculous?

• Like 4