"American Idiot" Musical Tour

plaid ducky

I'm of two minds now whether to go see it in LA or not.... it's really expensive for decent seats and I got xmas prezzie of the manchester tickets... so I am going to see it next year... but just not in the states. Thoughts?

new blog from Kelvin

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 16: 90 Minutes of Sweat, Blood and Redemption

We finally ran the show today! From start to finish, without a hiccup. It's quite incredible... every number is so powerful, melodically brilliant, and just incredibly stage worthy. In the few moments I'm not onstage, I watch my amazing cast mates when I should be catching my breath. I'm a fan of my own show and I am proud of it. I am sure I will never grow tired of it.

For those who have ridiculed the show for not having a plot, I say, you suck. Those who say that these characters want nothing learn nothing.....Youth (and life in general): it is a journey where you never can know exactly what you want or how you will get it. In a life, filled with misguidance and trial by fire, sometimes you fail (most times....). But it is a tale still worth telling.

Our associate director, Johanna McKeon, talked to us about the very last speech where we look straight out into the audience as a company. This is a story about the misfits, the outcasts: to say, "this one is for you".

Yes, indeed. I can't say "as a former". As a man who draws circles and lemmings where one was asked to draw a square: I say, only crazy people with crazy ideas change the world. This one is for you, you awesome beautiful fucknuts.

- Posted from my iPhone

• Like 1

My friend saw the run-through yesterday & she said that:

- Jake was PERFECT as Will

- Gabby was great, although she seemed a bit young

- Scott was good

- Matt sounded like Theo during "Too Much Too Soon" if not a little tired

- Jillian was on for Kaitlyn & she sounded amazing for "Too Much Too Soon"

- They changed who says the last monologue ("This is my rage...") I hope that they change it back... Heh.

They had the full band except for the strings & it was a bit weird during certain songs.

Overall, it sounds like it's a good cast. :)

• Like 1

They're on sale, hurry the good seats are going fast, at least on the weekend dates :)

Thank you! Got tickets for the 13th and 16th :)

Edited by janinegermany

Hey Chicago-ians...are we going to have some kind of meet-up? I'm kind of wondering if anything special will happen at the Feb. 17 show...

Cannot decide, tickets for 2/17 or the last show in Chicago? Which would you pick and why? (Hubby said I can't buy regular tickets for both. :( )

Never mind. Posted in the Midwest thread too, but I've decided on the last show. I just know that's the one I really want to go to. (Unless there is lottery it will be my only time seeing it on the road. But at least I'll see it once! But I'm really okay with that.)

Playbill.com posted some pictures of the tour cast in rehearsals. http://www.playbill....ia/gallery/3398 http://i40.tinypic.com/16h5hc7.jpg Is it just me or does Larkin look a little bit like a younger Billie in this picture?

That was my exact first thought. And second thought was, what is Billie do there? :):lol:

He does look a little like Billie, yes. Though it's partly the hair.

Larkin's name never ceases to crack me up.

Larkin Bogan.

seriously.

It's funny if you're Australian.

• Like 1

American Idiot partners with Musicians On Call for auction

See the Broadway smash American Idiot, meet the cast and backstage tour

Description

Pair of house seats (best seats in the house) to any tour date/market of winner's choice. Package also includes: backstage tour personally guided by the tour's music director, meet-and-greet and photo with the cast, and an autographed program. National Tour runs December 2011 - July 2012.

http://wplj.com/sectional.asp?id=17690

He does look a little like Billie, yes. Though it's partly the hair.

Larkin's name never ceases to crack me up.

Larkin Bogan.

seriously.

It's funny if you're Australian.

It's also funny if you've got several Kiwi friends like I do. :lol:

Here's a little behind-the-scenes video from the rehearsals on Saturday. Get to hear Gabby & the rest of the girls sing "Letterbomb."

http://www.broadway....r-in-rehearsal/

That's awesome -- it's looking like the tour cast is going to be just as great as TOBC was.

...and it also looks like SOMEBODY needs to buy Joshua a hairbrush!! 8)

Awesome video! Though I hope they make Josh look more sinister, because he's sorta just... nerdy right now.

I got orchestra seats for the last show in Chicago & planning to get tickets for Billie's birthday hopefully soon. :)

• Like 1

I got orchestra seats for the last show in Chicago & planning to get tickets for Billie's birthday hopefully soon. :)

We're in the dress circle for the last show! We have to meet up!

We're in the dress circle for the last show! We have to meet up!

Awesome! Yes we definitely have to meet up! :D

I am so late to this thread. Is there just one thread for the AI musical tour or seps for each city/region?

my bad i thought it started tonight

anyway new blog from krystina

<a href=http://krystinaalabado.blogspot.com/2011/12/i-want-to-be-part-of-itnew-york-new.html">I want to be a part of it...New York, New York!

Our time is coming to an end here in NYC, and it has been so incredible. It's funny, I thought that my body would be like, "oh yeah, I remember this, no problem" but instead it was like "ow OW OW OH HOLY CRAP OW". This show is the hardest show on your body but in the best (most of the time) way. We have had the pleasure of working with Steven Hoggett (original choreographer) every day and he is the definition of a warrior. Our "warm-ups" in the mornings are basically full on workouts/bootcamp and it is a sweaty mess. It's funny though seeing the difference already from week one to week two. We are still being worked super hard, but everyone (including me) is stretching farther, breathing less heavy in sprints, doing more push-ups, and looking fabulous. This show whips you into shape quick! It is really amazing getting to work with Steven because I actually never got to work with him when I was in the Broadway show except for one warm-up before a show when he made a special appearance. That is my favorite thing about being able to do the tour.

My experience being a Broadway replacement for this show could not have been more different. I had 8 rehearsals with just me and Ben, and sometimes with Justin Guarini, Davey Havok, and PJ Griffith the other replacements as the time. But mostly it was just me, the incredible Ben Thompson, and our MD Jared. But this time, it's crazy!! We are creating something together with everyone and it is so cool! Tom Kitt is with us every day tweaking the vocals, Steven Hoggett has incredible new ideas which you will all see and, if you've seen the show, will notice with some of the choreography, and it is just awesome because this time I actually get to have a full process. I get to hear Michael Mayer explain why we do this here, or fell like this there. It is a dream. Not to mention the cast. These new Idiots are unreal. It feels authentic and awesome and so fierce! Plus they are like the nicest people ever. I'm already making life-long friends...and they're funny too!

Enjoy some pictures from our rehearsal process! And check out this Playbill exclusive to take a closer look at our rehearsals in NYC! http://www.playbill.com/multimedia/gallery/3398/?pnum=7

idiotrehnew5.jpg

IMG_1159.JPG

IMG_1192.JPG

IMG_1153.JPG

IMG_1203.JPG

Last night after our last studio run which we performed for all the old Idiots, (such an awesome experience having all the Idiots in one room, plus it was SO nice to see everyone!) we all attended the premiere screening of NBC's new show Smash. Michael Mayer, our director, also directs Smash so he invited us all and it was a great way to end our NY rehearsals with a bang. It was at MOMA and we all dressed up, ate fancy hor dourves, took lots of pictures, and watched the show, which was so great! I can't wait till it premieres next year because I have a feeling people are gonna love it, ESPECIALLY theatre lovers! The acting was awesome, the performances were beautiful and fierce, and the show in general was superbly directed and written! Can't wait for you all to see it! And this morning, we had our Sitz Probe and man was in unbelievable!!! This band is SICK. My ears are still ringing!!

IMG_1217.JPG

IMG_1226.JPG

So tonight is my last night in NYC (minus the two days we have off for Christmas). It is crazy that we start tour tomorrow! Life is about to change drastically, but in the best way. I love touring and even though I will miss my life here in New York, I cannot wait to start performing this show around the country!

And now I leave you with a video introducing some of the Idiot girls and how we felt after our first week of rehearsal! I know a lot of you have been asking if I am going to make videos like I did for Spring Awakening...and the answer is...yes! Woo! Enjoy!

krystina :)

Next City: UTICA, NY

(remember to leave any and all recommendations for food, fun, sight seeing or just about anything in this city (especially Utica...what the heck is Utica? haha Also, leave any questions if you have them about the rehearsal process, flying, life, or anything!)

• Like 1