"American Idiot" Musical Tour

plaid ducky

new blog from nicci

I was sore last week. I've been bruised almost every day. I've gone through Lorin Latarro's and Steven Hoggett's warm-ups. But today was the first real day of fatigue.

I think it was pretty much across the board a rough day for everyone. As Talia put it, a kryptonite day. I could tell by the end of the warm up that my body wanted to say "no" already. Just absolute fatigue, and all we had done were some sit ups, stretches, and galloping across the floor.

Luckily we started by blocking We Are The Waiting which is pretty low key. Phew. But being so low key, it didn't take long until it was in our bodies and we moved on to Novocaine. What a song. There's definitely a lot going on in different story lines, but this is where a group of us had to throw our bodies around the stage, flopping like very precise fish all over the ground. We're supplied with knee pads for whenever we want to use them, but by the end of the day my knees were still stinging.

And it wasn't just because of Novocaine but because right after that we did St. Jimmy. That's a lot of flopping around in a different drug-crazed-like way, more being on our hands and knees. I love the choreo/staging/whatever you want to call it. It's precise and hard hitting and looks great but man oh man... it's a beast! I get the feeling it can only get better from here though. I'm definitely not feeling the soreness that I was last week, and through I'm getting more bruises the big ones are fading and I'm figuring out ways to try and prevent getting more. I really would love to get my hands on a measuring tape or scale and see what awesome damage these rehearsals have done :)

Although it's not written on our schedule for tomorrow, I get the feeling we're going to do a run of everything we've learned so far tomorrow. That means from the top of the show through... Give Me Novocaine. That means we've learned half of the show in a week, plus bits of other things we'll string together later. I'd say that's pretty good! And I couldn't ask for a better group of people to be spending every day with learning this stuff. I had a good feeling about what I was getting into during fly week - the five other people were so easy to be around and ready to help each other. That was definitely a preview of what everyone else would be like. I could gush about everyone but you'll learn soon enough how amazing they all are.

Two final things: One, if you haven't already you should check out Kelvin's blog. He cracks me up and speaks the truth!

And two: BJA's email to the cast. I'm keeping the "Ps" a secret.... for now

IMAG0100.jpg

• Like 1

It's fascinating and incredible how fast they're learning everything. I expected to hear about the bruises, but not the pace of it all.

I just found out that the tour is hitting Denver right as I start spring break. which means I can see it. I'm still in disbelief because I had no idea if I would be able to see the musical at all since the tour isn't coming to New Mexico. I'm so excited :')

• Like 1

Can anyone perhaps clear up my confusion? Chicago is listed as a date on the American Idiot website, but not on the Idiot Club's list of the musical performances. Every other date is on there and I'm really confused. You also can't buy tickets yet for the Chicago show yet with all the dates surrounding it you can. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

Can anyone perhaps clear up my confusion? Chicago is listed as a date on the American Idiot website, but not on the Idiot Club's list of the musical performances. Every other date is on there and I'm really confused. You also can't buy tickets yet for the Chicago show yet with all the dates surrounding it you can. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

I haven't noticed that but I got an email from Broadway in Chicago this week for season tickets for next year and AI was on the list. But single tickets don't appear to be available yet.

Idiot Club probably hasn't updated their list yet. It says on the official site & on the American Idiot musical site it will come either feb 6 or 7th through the 19th. & I've noticed that as well with the tickets but I did find this site that does sell tickets. It is a bit more cheaper than the other site but I'm still questioning it because it does have only specific sections they are selling.

http://gotthetix.com/ResultsVenue.aspx?venid=192&vname=Oriental+Theatre+-+Ford+Center+for+the+Performing+Arts+-+IL

new blog from kelvin

Day 11: These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

As our time winds down in our rehearsal room, we are starting to see more and more elements of the show. For show and tell (well...blog and post) I wanted to share a few of my favorite props from the show! Enjoy!!!

s_2874.jpg

Meet PENELOPE! The tour cast has named our Holiday "bus". Penelope is the cause of all my bruises. Sometimes she can be rough...and dirty...

s_2875.jpg

Allegedly, Tom Kitt only works on shows with pill popping characters. And we love him for it!

s_2876.jpg

Will and Heather's baby. He has blue eyes... I don't think I have that recessive gene. Now casting a half-Asian understudy baby.

s_2877.jpg

Johnny's drug box with St. Jimmy on it... Every detail is incredible in the design of this show.

s_2878.jpg

Penelope got a ticket; Stuck to the bottom of her butt. No worries, this Idiot would never pay a stupid parking ticket.

s_2879.jpg

My absolute favorite. Cause it's the only time I ever get to relax in the show! Phew!

Wow, everyone! Over a thousand blog hits in a little over a week. If you like it, please subscribe to the right! More importantly, follow me on twitter! @kelvinmoonloh

xoxo, bitch slap, xo,

Kelvin

I haven't noticed that but I got an email from Broadway in Chicago this week for season tickets for next year and AI was on the list. But single tickets don't appear to be available yet.

Very good to know, thank you very much. I was going to be heartbroken if for some reason it wasn't coming to Chicago.

Idiot Club probably hasn't updated their list yet. It says on the official site & on the American Idiot musical site it will come either feb 6 or 7th through the 19th. & I've noticed that as well with the tickets but I did find this site that does sell tickets. It is a bit more cheaper than the other site but I'm still questioning it because it does have only specific sections they are selling.

http://gotthetix.com...rming+Arts+-+IL

Yeah, I think I'll definitely just wait until single tickets become available on the broadway in Chicago website. But thank you both for the reply. I was a bit of a basket case (no pun intended).

When do LA tickets go on sale? I thought it was Dec 9th but then someone said it wasn't and I got all confused...

The website said the London show had sold out....so I ordered a Southampton "enhanced" ticket, went back to the page and the london ones were on sale again....So I ordered a London "enhanced" ticket....DOH! Basically if anyone want's to buy my Southampton ticket let me know! face value......which is £98 by the way DOH!!!!! Oh well, still excited!! Only 365 days to wait.....DOH!! Oh and I have no idea why the Manchester shows arn't on there, very weird.

Presale for Chicago is going on now! :woot::yay:

Going to order mine when my dad comes home. Hopefully because they are a bit pricey :unsure:

I´ve got a question. I wanted to look how much American Idiot tickets for the San Francisco show are. But this site says that I have to pick at least 3 shows to buy a ticket. http://www.shnsf.com/shows/AmericanIdiot I only want to go to AI. Can I buy the tickets there without buying tickets for the other shows? Or are there some other sites that sell tickets for the show?

Thank you! :)

I´ve got a question. I wanted to look how much American Idiot tickets for the San Francisco show are. But this site says that I have to pick at least 3 shows to buy a ticket. http://www.shnsf.com...s/AmericanIdiot I only want to go to AI. Can I buy the tickets there without buying tickets for the other shows? Or are there some other sites that sell tickets for the show?

Thank you! :)

Those are for season tickets. You want to purchase single tickets which are not for sale for SF yet. You'll have to wait a while since it's the last stop of the NA tour. :)

• Like 1

Those are for season tickets. You want to purchase single tickets which are not for sale for SF yet. You'll have to wait a while since it's the last stop of the NA tour. :)

Okay! Thank you so much. :happy:

new blog from Nicci

http://theycallmenicci.blogspot.com/2011/12/since-it-seems-that-my-fake-tumblr-has.html#comment-form

VIDEO ON THE PAGE

Since it seems that my fake tumblr has given up on me (they thought I was boring anyway), I decided it's time to blog again...

As expected, it's been another busy week. For some reason I decided to try to only eat raw for a week. I've always wanted to do a cleanse of some kind but I have a very hard time confining my diet. Not that I eat too much or eat bad things all the time, but I love food. I'm a foodie, I'll eat pretty much anything. A few years ago I tried to do the master cleanse and lasted 3 days. Or was it a day and a half? Since you can actually eat things and not just drink spicy lemon water with this raw thing, I thought I'd do better. Not quite. My castmate Jarran said that the third day would be the worst and he was so right.

Today, day three of raw, I had to get up early for a fitting before rehearsal. It was so hard to just get myself out of bed. By the time I got to rehearsal I felt like I needed a nap already. My legs wanted to give out during Jesus of Suburbia, and my back and shoulders were killing me since we learned the moves to Whatstername the day before. So - I had some turkey in my salad, and some bread on the side. It boosted my energy enough to get me through the rest of the day, that and a little after lunch nap. Maybe I'll get back on the wagon tomorrow, or maybe not. Truth be told, I didn't do a complete day. I had a few pieces of sushi on day two and a donut hole on day one. I play by my own rules.

Anyhow. I finally have clothes for the show! I had tried on my fatigues and Ex. Girl stuff but nothing else. I am in love with everything they gave me today, especially what I'm wearing for Holiday. Can I just say... I'm not in love with the red jump suit for upside down girl. I think I'm the only one, but with my flying harness underneath and all that red... meh. I do like that there are words written upside down on the back though. I bet that looks pretty cool at the start of the show.

We were told that for our final run through in the city this Monday we would be able to invite people but with all the people involved on the production side coming, and the people they invited, as well as people from the original cast, we're already at capacity. They were nice enough to allow us to invite a friend or two to Saturday's rehearsal. My temporary roommate has never seen the show and wouldn't be able to see it in any of the cities we're playing, so I'm glad she'll at least be able to see our rough draft.

We really do have a good show, and it will soon be great. We're leaving - at 7:30 am - on Wednesday to take a bus up to Utica. There we'll get costumes, full sets, and flying rigs!! I'm most excited about the latter. We did have a static rig put in last week so we could practice hanging upside down, but it was very short lived. So I can't wait to get the real deal. It's kind of funny in rehearsal when Scott and I have to walk around on the floor pretending that we're in the air, especially the parts when he almost falls or I shoot up into the air.

Since it's been over a week from my last post, here's a little treat. This is what may happen on a typical lunch break...

Does anyone know at what time the los angeles tickets go on sale :) ?

They're on sale, hurry the good seats are going fast, at least on the weekend dates :)