"American Idiot" Musical Tour

plaid ducky

In the future, if you do 'announce' someone, please provide a source. Thanks.

And congrats to her. She looks more the part than Libby did. Heh...

Yeah i suppose. I'm just excited because the ball is finally rolling!!

I think pretty much anyone could do better than Libby for EG. She really just didn't have it for that role, in my opinion.

• Like 1

I think pretty much anyone could do better than Libby for EG. She really just didn't have it for that role, in my opinion.

Really? From what I saw of Libby she looked really energetic and into it... but then again I never saw the whole thing just excerpts...

Maybe I'm just biased because she gave Billie my llama and stuff, but I found her really good as the EG. Christina was better though.

Also. Boston pre-sale is happening right now. My mom said she wanted to go see AI in Boston, but now she says she doesn't want to go in February. -_-

I would love to go to LA for the musical! It would be awesome to do that and explore California and stuff at the same time. When are the shows?

I would love to go to LA for the musical! It would be awesome to do that and explore California and stuff at the same time. When are the shows?

Mar. 13 - Apr. 22

I can't buy my tickets for Costa Mesa until this fall. But maybe they won't be on sale until then.. I'm curious :D

NO WAY.

Seriously I do NOT want the LA tickets to go on sale soon. I have no money. And It would SUCK for me if I couldn't go see the musical when its minutes away from my house. :(

I'll be your tour guide.

• Like 2

Seriously I do NOT want the LA tickets to go on sale soon. I have no money. And It would SUCK for me if I couldn't go see the musical when its minutes away from my house. :(

Yeah. They shouldn't go on sale now! ;)

Really? From what I saw of Libby she looked really energetic and into it... but then again I never saw the whole thing just excerpts...

Energetic yes, but her vocals weren't good enough. And she was incredibly stiff on the wires, which just made the whole thing look weird.

Energetic yes, but her vocals weren't good enough. And she was incredibly stiff on the wires, which just made the whole thing look weird.

I thought she was a nice replacement for Christina (and I love that girl so much) but I found her awkward during the head banging during the Whatsername dance. I understand that she had a wig on but her stiffness in that strike me as un-Libby-like. If you remember, she would be almost half into it by not moving her head and that bothered me but I'm a strange person.

I commend her on being able to hit that long-ass note in EG while being spun around, though! And I've had to go on wires before. They're not fun for you or your groin.

The USA is such a lucky country. They have everything that Eastern-Europe never gets. I'd love to see the show as well, hmh. Ok no whining, I'm OK with the movie. :thumbsup:

They said they'd bring it to England, so maybe it'll come to Eastern Europe too. Or you could go and see it in England! (Me want.) :)

I really believe in the fact that they'll come to Europe. And not just England! :lol:

I'm curious to know what recent shows like this one have come to Europe lately? For comparison's sake, I hope many have!

Here's the thing... very rarely do Broadway/US productions have a tour-tour outside the US. For the most part, the country has their own resident production of the show like "Spring Awakening" or "Wicked."

For "Hair," the majority of the Broadway cast came to London while the Broadway production was still open. However, since "American Idiot" already closed, I don't see many, if any, of the Broadway cast to go overseas.

So, for the the show to go elsewhere than London... that will probably be up to a resident theatre getting rights to the show instead of someone from the US.

As far as the US tour, I've heard rumors of a handful of Broadway cast members joining the tour along with an actor who is said to be ensemble/ Will/Jimmy understudy. Quite frankly if he is doing it, I can totally see him in both those roles and he would be amazing, especially as Jimmy. I'm picturing him more along the lines of Bille's Jimmy than Tony's.

So, yeah... I want some announcements soon. :rolleyes:

I've only read it from his fuckyeah-dedicated account on Tumblr, but apparently Matt Deangelis has been confirmed to be an ensemble member for the tour.