The Grouch

J'net

My favourite has to be the second performance J'net posted on the Australian tv show...one of the best interviews/performances ever :lol:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we can all agree that "Life's a bitch, and so am I, the world owes me, so fuck you" is just pure poetry. :lol:

Hmm... I like the song, but I can't really say I like it. That doesn't make sense. Like, it's a cool song with cool lyrics and cool music and I like that, but it's not a likeable song. Or rather, the singer/narrator (whether that be Billie or someone else) isn't likeable. It's a great song.

To me, I kind of see it as a warning (not literally), like, "don't become/don't be like that". As much as "Life's a bitch and so am I, the world owes me, so fuck you" is great and everything, I don't want to be like that. It's relateable (?), though.

Jesus Christ I'm seriously overusing the word "like" xD and I generally can't seem to say what I want to say..

I misheard the line "the world owes me so fuck you" for like a year. I heard is as something like "the world's a piece of a cue/queue" (without thinking about what it would mean) and even though I sorta knew the real lyric, I just didn't hear it so I didn't remember it :lol:

this song speaks to me in so many ways

when im angry i put it on repeat in my itunes and listen to it like 20 times

the main lyrics that apply to me in any situation is 'i don't have fun and i hate everything'

to me, there is very little i like, i NEVER have fun (am always depressed) and hate everything, theres very little things i like.

I was listening to this the other day, and for some reason the line, "Now I'm just another shitty old man" kept making me giggle. :lol:

/contributes nothing to the conversation

I remember listening to this song after a really bad day a couple of years ago, I was just pissed off and argued with everyone, and listened to this to escape from it, great song to let out your anger :thumbsup:

favourite lines are "oh my god I'm turning old like my dad" and "I don't have sex cos I can't get it up" just cos they're quite funny and you can hear the despair in his voice when he sings in IMO anyway

This song is just amazing!

it's fun and it's also so bitter at the same time!

the second video is one of my favorite green day videos of all time, I just love how they take the stage :)

Totally bitter (and funny and catchy too!). One of my favorites of Nimrod.

Makes me think that oh my god, I can't turn it out like my dad! :P

EPIC lines like "life's a bitch and so am I/The world owes me so fuck you" and "Wasted youth and a fistful of ideals. I had a young and optimisitic point of view".

LOVE this song. Realizing you're becoming things you never wanted to become and getting stuck in a rut, and feeling so bitter about it all there is to be said is a grumpy "fuck you!". And it's done in such a humourous way, it's a hilarious song. Love the line "I don't have sex cause I can't get it up" :lol:. It's that catchy sound and great sense of humour along with deliciously bitter and negative lyrics again. One of the best songs on my (joint) favourite album of all time :D

One of my favorite songs. I love it and its so true!!

Billie is genius. This song always makes me shout and run around.

All the lyrics are awesome but my favorites are- "The world owes me so fuck you" and "I don't have sex cause I can't get it up" :lol:

The Grouch's kinda my theme song, I guess. :lol: I love the lines: "Glory days don't mean shit to me, I drank a six-pack of apathy." :lol: Oh gosh, I love Billie's lyrics.

One of my favorite songs. I love it and its so true!!

Billie is genius. This song always makes me shout and run around.

All the lyrics are awesome but my favorites are- "The world owes me so fuck you" and "I don't have sex cause I can't get it up" :lol:

reading this.. it just dawned on me :pinch:

love the lyrics of this song. it's so bittteerrr.

I like this song. It's energic and funny. ;)

I've never seen the second video, I love it! The host is totally disorientated, he doesn't know what to do! :lol:

The Grouch is by far my favorite song on Nimrod. It's horribly melancholic, but extremely upbeat. It's freakin' awesome.

Fucking love this song. That's about all I have to say. Love the lyrics, love the chord progression. Probably in my top three Nimrod songs.

I had this song playing in my mind all morning! I love it. :) Right now Im obsessing over Nimrod and all it's songs. I remember last summer when my grandma was at my house I felt the need to blast this song. I dont know why I wanted to but I did it. My parents weren't very happy. They said I was being disrespectful. I put it on repeat after that. :lol:

That interview was one of the first ones I ever saw. I thought Green Day were pretty fuckin awesome after watching it. :P I love how the host is like "c'mon! its live!"

I do love this song. I keep saying ''The world owes me, so fuck you'' randomly almost every day. Weird ikr, but I do like that line the most for some reason.

Archived