The Trilogy Albums

Undómiel

I really don't mind waiting for the next GD album another 4 years or so, as long as they do something in between like THE TUBBIES! :wub:

I really don't mind waiting for the next GD album another 4 years or so, as long as they do something in between like THE TUBBIES! :wub:

I'm with you! I'd be more excited if a new side project album was announced tomorrow than if a new Green Day album was announced tomorrow. When they surprised us with FBHT it was actually the best thing ever :wub:. Really hope they surprise us with something in between again this time!

Anybody else want a double album?

It's doesn't need to be a double one. I mean 21st CB had 18 songs on it so... I'm not fussed about it being any particular length as long as we get a tour to promote it...

It's doesn't need to be a double one. I mean 21st CB had 18 songs on it so... I'm not fussed about it being any particular length as long as we get a tour to promote it...

Or as long as Warner promotes it..... :dry:

Or as long as Warner promotes it..... :dry:

I love the cynicism here.

Yeah because the promotion was conspiciously absent for 21st CB

I'd rather have 10 really good songs than 20 so-so ones.

I couldn't agree more!

i know that pretty much nobody agrees with me, but i would much rather have a new network album (for something in between).

For some reason. I'm still skeptical if Green Day will get out the album sooner rather than later. I think they've said "we're always working on new songs" and such since before 21st century was released. It'd be great if we could get some further news from the guys themselves. I wonder if they'll get a producer record the album later in the year and release early to mid 2012 (I'd hate to wait till 2013 or even later) and they could have a tour soon after to support the record. Anyone think that's reasonable? I sure as hell hope that what GD has coming for us is gonna be worth waiting for. I'll be sure not to miss them on their next tour. I got back into Green Day too late to go see them the last 2 tours.

Most of us think it will be mid-late 2012 before an album arises. I thik the 2011 date are just extremely hopeful...

I'm guessing August 2012. With some festival appearances that year as well.

Most of us think it will be mid-late 2012 before an album arises. I thik the 2011 date are just extremely hopeful...

Yeah lets hope it's that. I'm almost positive that it won't be 2011 because Green Day doesn't even have a producer and they haven't been in the studio as far as I know. If they even recorded it this year, they wouldn't have time to release it this year.

I'm guessing August 2012. With some festival appearances that year as well.

Yeah...the same, but I think the new album will arrive later :ermm:

No one knows at this point. I think mid-2012 is as good of a guess as 2014 (though I highly doubt 2014, since it's the 10 year anniversary of AI).

Maybe they're in the studio, maybe not. Maybe they have a couple potential producers picked out, maybe they don't. Though they're probably not at their studio since Machine Head is in there right now..

I just think it's way too early to speculate. I'm sure we'll hear something from Billie on Twitter when the time comes. He'll definitely tell us when they're in the studio.

i know that pretty much nobody agrees with me, but i would much rather have a new network album (for something in between).

I would like one too, but I think it's out of the question. The way Green Day left the Network, "hating" them, they can't really come back from that.... And there's an argument that with Foxboro, there's way more room for new style and experimentation, but the Network is iconically grunge-synth-what-the-fuck music that blows your mind hole. I say, let it be.

There's also the whole thing about Billie being in the AI movie. I mean, the premiere is set for 2013. The time he shoots and everything. It might not take that long, but it's still something we have to consider.

2012... maybe. That's only 3 years after 21stCB though. If we compare with the time between Warning and AI and AI and 21stCB, that's hoping for a lot. :lol:

I am gonna say mid 2012-2013 :/ 2013 is too much 2012 i can deal with. I wanna see whatever they have got and i know that they wont let me down :)

Though they're probably not at their studio since Machine Head is in there right now..

My first thought was :o - contaminated!

My second was... that would be the wierdest collaboration to come out for a while... :mellow:

I am gonna say mid 2012-2013 :/ 2013 is too much 2012 i can deal with. I wanna see whatever they have got and i know that they wont let me down :)

Yeah, that sounds quite realistic, especially as the American Idiot movie is due to be released 2013 right? so an album just before then would be nice :)

Also another thought. I hope they'll be back next year because next year is my 16th birthday. It'd be a great birthday present to see them for the first time for my 16th birthday. :)

Im gonna go ahead and say the album will be released in 2013 at the earliest, and if Billie Joe decides to do this movie it will be even longer.

If I were Green Day, I would be taking some time off. They toured pretty extensively from 2009 to late 2010. That's a lot of goddamn work. I hope they take the rest of 2011 to rest, and then get into the studio by 2012. I expect a spring 2013 album. :happy:

Let's do some calculations.

from 1039/smoothed outt slappy hours (1991)

To kerplunk (1992) = 1 year

From kerplunk (1992)

To dookie (1994) = 2 years

From Dookie (1994)

To insomniac (1995) = 1 year

From insomniac (1995)

To nimrod (1997) = 2 years again

From nimrod (1997)

To warning (2000) = 3 years

From warning (2000)

To American Idiot (2004) = 4 years

From AI (2004)

to 21sr CB (2009) = 5 years

Anyone see the pattern? :mellow:

What if we get one in 2015? :lol:

Just reading this makes me all happy and giddy inside :wub: I know it's a bit too soon for the band to immediately pop out another amazing album, but I'm already looking forward to what they'll come up with next.

OH GOD!

Green Day says the writing process is complete, BUT, when a new album will actually be released I may even be 18 :sleep:

Archived