The Trilogy Albums

Undómiel

They already have 30 songs? How did you know? :huh:

Mike said so in an interview!I don't remember witch one though...It's the same interview that he said there would probably be a DVD with the new live album too.

Edit: It was actually Billie who said it in that streaming interview in South America.Here it is :)

They're always writing songs so that's honestly no surprise. I think the real question is when they're going in the studio to record it :lol:

Yeah I guess you guys are right. They'll probably have a follow up album to the one coming out by then. :lol: I think 2012 sounds reasonable. I mean they've got this whole year to spend time with the family and jam on songs together back at home. Would you think they could get a producer and get in the studio later this year?

I hope so! :) I was 14 when American Idiot came out. I hope the next album comes out before I'm 25 haha

Yeah, my guess is we will only have to wait a year or two. By the look of some of Billie's tweets, They seem to be writing a lot of songs...Excited :runaround:

god I hope Rob Cavallo will be producing it

Me too

What's wrong with Butch Vig??

What's wrong with Butch Vig??

Shall we form a queue? :lol:

Seriously, he didn't do an awful job with 21CB but certain things eg. the effect on Billie's voice just annoy me when Green Day are fine without any tampering. They don't need people messing around with their sound. A producer should just set the levels and leave the sound alone. Since Insomniac and Nimrod the tone has been perfect, 21CB was a bit odd, it doesn't sound like Green Day at times on songs like (dare i say it) Peacemaker.

Butch(er) Vig production ruined the album. Imagine 21st Century Breakdown with the sound of American Idiot. It would be fantastic.

I think Butch Vig's production on 21st CB is fine, and Rob Cavallo's production is fine too. They're different but I don't have a problem with either.

In 21st Century Breakdown, Billie's voice lacking of power (the verses in Before The Lobotomy for example). Moreover, his voice is a litte overproduced. Some songs sounds artificial.

I think that's a little harsh!! I think 21st CB just has an "older" sound... not to say AI wasn't mature...

well I'm ok with Butch Vig yk I don't hate 21st Century Breakdown but I also don't love it... yk what I mean? but then again I love the Green Day albums that were produced by Rob Cavallo so I would prefer a album produced by him :)

Personally, i want Rob Cavallo to produce, he hasnt done a bad job yet, not that Butch Vig did a bad job but there are faults i guess.

I wonder whether Cavallo will have time what with being CEO of part of Warner Bros....

I'm curious to know what Carpe Diem sounds like, and if it'll be included or if it'll be b-side.

Butch(er) Vig production ruined the album. Imagine 21st Century Breakdown with the sound of American Idiot. It would be fantastic.

I kinda agree, I love how American idiot had the best of two sides: the audio quality was amazing, yet the instruments and vocals had a raw feel to them. Production-wise, American Idiot is definitely their best album.

I think we can definitely say he won't be producing it seeing as he has a day job now.

^^ he's been a chairman of WB for a year now I think, and during that period he already produced couple of records, and I know he'll be entering studio with Paramore later this year to work on their new record. I don't think his new position will affect his work as a producer

That's cool if he can. I just presumed because of the new job he was out of the producing job for a while.

Shall we form a queue? :lol:

Seriously, he didn't do an awful job with 21CB but certain things eg. the effect on Billie's voice just annoy me when Green Day are fine without any tampering. They don't need people messing around with their sound. A producer should just set the levels and leave the sound alone. Since Insomniac and Nimrod the tone has been perfect, 21CB was a bit odd, it doesn't sound like Green Day at times on songs like (dare i say it) Peacemaker.

A producer doesnt touch the levels. The producer is there for an outside view. For idears. Funny enough the "Mixing Engerneer" sets the levels. Sorry for being a bit strraight but Butch Vig is good and im being protective about him.

It's all accurate, I've seen the interview, BUT, let's not forget that Green Day isn't planning on releasing an album any time soon. With the AI movie and all that stuff, there is NO way that they would be releasing an album right now. Also, all the wiki post said that they have songs and that there is going to be a ninth album, it didn't say when. So yea, it really isn't saying much except for the fact that Green Day is still a band. :P

A producer doesnt touch the levels. The producer is there for an outside view. For idears. Funny enough the "Mixing Engerneer" sets the levels. Sorry for being a bit strraight but Butch Vig is good and im being protective about him.

Fair enough. I still think Rob Cavallo is better though.

Butch Vig did an awesome job on the new Foo Fighters album. Why the hell couldn't he have done that with 21CB??!!

I don't think 21CB has bad production, it's just different.

Archived