The Trilogy Albums

Undómiel

Well in The Network Mike sang half the songs so Billie took a back seat then! And in Pinhead Gunpowder he takes a beat seat to Jason some of the time since they share singing duties. It's not impossible. I don't think the suggestion was that they should permanently switch, just that it would be interesting to see what it's like with Mike up front.

Well in The Network Mike sang half the songs so Billie took a back seat then! And in Pinhead Gunpowder he takes a beat seat to Jason some of the time since they share singing duties. It's not impossible. I don't think the suggestion was that they should permanently switch, just that it would be interesting to see what it's like with Mike up front.

I kinda meant during live shows... :)

I kinda meant during live shows... :)

Mike sang lead on his songs during The Network's live shows. But the suggestion was for him to sing lead on an album anyway so :P

Those were side projects though... I don't see Billie ever doing that on a Green Day album but maybe that's just me. :lol: It would be interesting to hear more Mike on the album though, don't get me wrong.

Well I did notice that on some of the songs on 21cb, the backing vocals were also sung by Billie. Like in East Jesus Nowhere. (I heard the separate vocal tracks from the Rock Band game)

I am not sure if that is the case with all the songs on that album. But I do hope they won't be doing that a lot with the new album. Mike has a great voice and at least deserves to sing the backing vocals in his own kick ass way.

Those were side projects though... I don't see Billie ever doing that on a Green Day album but maybe that's just me. :lol: It would be interesting to hear more Mike on the album though, don't get me wrong.

Oh yeah I can't imagine it'd ever actually happen :lol:. Just an interesting idea that's all.

Yeah, in my opinion it can't go further than just an idea, because I think Billie Joe's voice is like 75% why I love Green Day so much! :happy:

Now I wont be surprised if tracks on the album have Mikes vocals, like Homecoming and American Eulogy.

Oh and if Tre does another special thing like All By Myself and Dominated Love Slave, the album would be even that more perfect.

I hope Green Day continues to incorporate their interest in street art into the new era. The 21st CB cover and booklet art, the Green Day art show, the street art advertisements, the pieces of art they brought on tour, and the art book Green Day released during the 21st CB era were all fucking awesome (although I may be a bit biased since I'm a big fan of street art as it is haha).

I hope Green Day continues to incorporate their interest in street art into the new era. The 21st CB cover and booklet art, the Green Day art show, the street art advertisements, the pieces of art they brought on tour, and the art book Green Day released during the 21st CB era were all fucking awesome (although I may be a bit biased since I'm a big fan of street art as it is haha).

YES! YES! YES! :woot:

YES! YES! YES! :woot:

Haha ikr?! Fingers crossed. (btw your avatar is awesome :thumbsup: )

Here in Germany, I noticed a couple of days ago that 21stCB was in the 'under 7 euros' section of the iTunes Store. It used to cost 10. I guess that means Green Day is getting closer and closer to completing the new album!!! :runaround:

Here in Germany, I noticed a couple of days ago that 21stCB was in the 'under 7 euros' section of the iTunes Store. It used to cost 10. I guess that means Green Day is getting closer and closer to completing the new album!!! :runaround:

Is that what that means? Because when I see something discounted, I immediately think "that must not be that good and they must be desperate to sell it." I prefer your way.

That'd be awesome. 21CB really got me into street art, it was all really effective and fit the album perfectly, like it gave it a new dimension. There was a bit of it going on with AI too which was great but it was only available in the little CD book thing. It'd be awesome if they did what they did with the 21CB art again!

Here in Germany, I noticed a couple of days ago that 21stCB was in the 'under 7 euros' section of the iTunes Store. It used to cost 10. I guess that means Green Day is getting closer and closer to completing the new album!!!

Probably because the albums getting older, it's pushing 3 years in a couple months.

I just read something that said it could be coming out this april... It could be wrong.. Do you think they might just surprise us with it? this cd does have a lot of antcipation for it..

I concur. After all this hype there's no way that it's going to be a fast release.

...but at the same time, I can totally see them surprising us and releasing it quickly like that. :lol: I doubt it'll happen, summer seems much more realistic, but with Green Day you just never know. :P

...but at the same time, I can totally see them surprising us and releasing it quickly like that. :lol: I doubt it'll happen, summer seems much more realistic, but with Green Day you just never know. :P

I love your sig.

The way this album is being reported in the media is hilarious. Certain websites are hanging on every word that is being said in the videos being released. If you were to believe everything that is being reported then this album is going to be "A big powerful statement all about sex"

Don't forget the "sex-soaked" records that they're all going to wank their autographs onto.

I think that they're deep in the process of recording and it's going to be done by the end of April and they're gonna release the record in July/August

I think that they're deep in the process of recording and it's going to be done by the end of April and they're gonna release the record in July/August

I like this theory :thumbsup: though I was thinking that a September/October release date would be more likely, with a new single for the festivals. I won't complain if your idea is more accurate though :)

I like this theory :thumbsup: though I was thinking that a September/October release date would be more likely, with a new single for the festivals. I won't complain if your idea is more accurate though :)

I hope my theory is right! I'm thinking a new single by late May/June too

Archived