The Trilogy Albums

Undómiel

something more complicated with more guitar parts in them as well.

If as it appears Jason White's now an official part of the band, I think you just got your wish. :D

If it was just one or two festivals then it'd probably be that they'll only have released a single or something, but because there's three (possibly more to be announced) and rumours of arena tours, I think the album will be out by then.

I've got no idea if this is true or what the link is, but someone tweeted that Jason said on Facebook "New record with the guys coming soon."

Jason actually has a Facebook?

:lol:

Yeah, I saw that post on facebook, but that site is a fan created account, I think...it really looks like.

btw... I also think that they only have few shows, and they will just play in festivals and only have a single. The stadium tour would be later...but thazs just my opinion. :)

I hope they release some singles before the shows, that would make it better

As I wrote in the thread for Rock am See, the festival's homepage http://www.rock-am-s.../show/green_day (in german) is presenting Green Day as follows:

Bille, Mike and Tré are back with their new album. Besides their new songs the fans at the festival can also look forward to their older hits like AI and 21 Guns

To me this sounds like GD will play more than just one new single, but idk. But it seems very reliable since the festival for sure has talked to GD's (tour)manager about what they can expect from GD's show.

^ The person who wrote that could be just assuming they would play new songs.. Idk

But They totally should release the new album before the festivals!

I'd be surprised if the album wasn't out by the time the festivals happen though... seems to me like they'd try to time this accordingly, y'know? If anything, we'll at least have a single by August.

Yeah in the end it's all just speculation. And if I'm honest, I don't wanna know these things so far in advance, much more exciting to wait and see what happens :)

I don't think the guys will manage before September with all the mixing, artwork, production and stuff, but possibly a single or two will be ready for the festivals...

What? The UK tour? :P

Album Release Date :rolleyes: what's the point of a tour if you don't have more new songs to sing? but I guess with Green Day that's not necessary :P

I don't think the guys will manage before September with all the mixing, artwork, production and stuff, but possibly a single or two will be ready for the festivals..

I think so also. but we still have a good 4 months till July which is alot of time so you never know. they could already be getting started working on the album cover.

I bet you haven't heard governator._.

Mike sings it, and it sounds good. Coolest B-side in my opinion!

yeah, i love Mike's voice. But I want Billie Joe to be the lead singer on the album, i don't want Mike to lead sing all the songs.

I think it would be absolutely inconceivable to NOT release a single before the festivals. Amiright? We essentially know for a fact that these festivals are in anticipation of/promotion for a new album. If history is any indication, how could they NOT release at least one song beforehand?

American Idiot (song) was released August 31, I believe coinciding with their performance at Reading.

It does seem to look like they are going to build up the attention for the new album kind of like they did before releasing American Idiot (album).

Back then they did some festivals before releasing the album, but the first single was released in August.

I feel it might be very possible that they might be aiming for a September release. And a first single somewhere in August.

Another possibility is that a first single might be released in July, and a new album in August. But I think September would seem more likely.

I agree. I say new album will be out in September or October. New songs will def be played at the festival gigs, especially seeing as they've been playing the new songs for a while now.

I really think they'll just do the festival tour to promote a new single. Just like in 2009. They released Know Your enemy and did some promo shows in Europe and the USA. Then afterwards they released the album.

So I think the single will be released in August and the album in the end of September/ beginning of October...

I don't know how far along the guys are but I don't think the festivals are a good idea. Because having festivals so soon might rush the creative process, unless of course they are already done with that, and aren't writing more songs.

I don't know how far along the guys are but I don't think the festivals are a good idea. Because having festivals so soon might rush the creative process, unless of course they are already done with that, and aren't writing more songs.

I think they're finished with writing the songs. I think it's all about recording atm, then mixing and all that stuff.

I think 21CB was finished recording and mixing quite a long time before they actually released it. Maybe this time Billie Joe won't be afraid of letting his "baby" go...

yeah, i love Mike's voice. But I want Billie Joe to be the lead singer on the album, i don't want Mike to lead sing all the songs.

why is the thought of this even out there? Billie is the voice of Green Day, the frontman of the band. Why would Mike be the lead singer of an album? I mean I love Mike and Tre for that matter, but Billie is the lead singer. Period, end of story.

...I really don't think you have anything to worry about. :lol: Billie's the frontman of Green Day and (most likely) always will be.

...I really don't think you have anything to worry about. :lol: Billie's the frontman of Green Day and (most likely) always will be.

This.

The other suggestion was a bit like WTF. I can't imagine BJ ever taking a back seat. Ever.

This.

The other suggestion was a bit like WTF. I can't imagine BJ ever taking a back seat. Ever.

yeah, i would never even think of that happening...

Archived