The Trilogy Albums

Undómiel

i'm sure most people won't agree, and it probably won't even happen, but i really want another jesus of suburbia. another huge, epic, broadway-esque masterpiece.

i'm sure most people won't agree, and it probably won't even happen, but i really want another jesus of suburbia. another huge, epic, broadway-esque masterpiece.

I agree one hundred percent. Even if the rest of the songs were back to the punky style of short and punchy, there should be one multi-part epic!

Yeah I loved the two songs we had on AI but idk I don't want them to try and write a 10 minute song or something.If it comes natural as it did on AI when Mike wrote something then Tre and Billie and when they putted it together it was epic then it's ok but I just don't think you can force yourself to do something like that :/

Guest Charlotte.

I agree with you to an extent. I think that'd be great, but I wouldn't want it to be Jesus of Suburbia II. Instead, I'd like to see them take the hugeness, epicness, etc. of JOS and turn it into a completely different song. Something that you hear and think, "woah, this isn't just another JOS, this is epic in its own, new way" rather than "oh, they've made another JOS." I'd like to hear another 'epic masterpiece' from GD, yes, but I don't want them to try and write a song like that for the new album simply because it's tried and tested, and worked so well.

If it comes natural as it did on AI when Mike wrote something then Tre and Billie and when they putted it together it was epic then it's ok but I just don't think you can force yourself to do something like that :/

That's how it would've been with a band like... Paramore (they're so gonna lose the March Madness :P) but Green Day... seriously... Green Day can do that, I would say. But I don't think they will :( .

I agree with you to an extent. I think that'd be great, but I wouldn't want it to be Jesus of Suburbia II. Instead, I'd like to see them take the hugeness, epicness, etc. of JOS and turn it into a completely different song. Something that you hear and think, "woah, this isn't just another JOS, this is epic in its own, new way" rather than "oh, they've made another JOS." I'd like to hear another 'epic masterpiece' from GD, yes, but I don't want them to try and write a song like that for the new album simply because it's tried and tested, and worked so well.

Totally! One thing that comes to mind is A Quick One While He's Away by The Who. That's a big epic multi-part song, but it's also a groovy 60s rock and roll song. So a big epic song on a simpler rock and roll album is definitely do-able. The possibilities are endless.

This is just a thought, but since they are about a month into recording now, I've been wondering if maybe we'll get some kind of update in the next few days. I think it seems likely, considering that's it's been awhile since their last video, which wasn't even really a studio progress update. It was still nice, though.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about Good Riddance. I'm pretty sure Haushinka was written while they were working on Dookie too.

Haushinka was written for kerplunk, but they rejected it. the first live performance of that song was in 1991/1992, i'm not quite sure. they put it on the dookie demotape later.

Yes, this!

But I also agree with Charlotte. I don't want a Jesus of Suburbia/Homecoming II.

This is just a thought, but since they are about a month into recording now, I've been wondering if maybe we'll get some kind of update in the next few days. I think it seems likely, considering that's it's been awhile since their last video, which wasn't even really a studio progress update. It was still nice, though.

Never expect anything with Green Day... :P I agree though, it would be nice.

I myself would love to have something like Dookie, but maybe that's just me. Don't get me wrong, I loved the whole concept album idea, American Idiot is why I'm here in the first place, but I also think it'd be neat to have Green Day go back to their old roots... then again, all of GD's albums are each wonderful and unique in their own ways so I'd really be happy with anything.

I think there maybe making us wait a little, maybe they think were expecting a new video to come, and then randomly out of nowhere when we least expect it they'll announce something big about the album.

feels longer than a month! with 21stCB does anyone remember how long before the release date they announced it was ready?

feels longer than a month! with 21stCB does anyone remember how long before the release date they announced it was ready?

Huh?

They released it in May and I'm pretty sure they were still doing eleventh hour stuff to it in March. I don't exactly know when they started to recording it but it was before Dec 2008 because I read an interview about them watching polling night for Obama whilst in the studio.

From what the band has played at the live shows, I think I'm really going to enjoy this album. Especially with Stay the Night, Carpe Diem, and Nuclear Family, amongst others.

Like they did with 21st Century Breakdown, I hope we're going to see (or hear, I guess) some of the same creativeness in Billie Joe's writing and song orchestration. I hope they work with Tom Kitt again on some songs. Sure, maybe not make songs like Last Night on Earth, Restless Heart Syndrome, or Peacemaker (which are great by the way) but things like that involving some complicated orchestration with many instruments/parts. Something like Little Girl...

Yes, I definitely agree with this, I'd rather songs that have complicated parts in them. I definitely like the simple songs on the last album, but I'd rather something more complicated with more guitar parts in them as well. And from what we've heard already, it's gonna be good. :D

No! Horseshoes And Handgrenades was written during the American Idiot era!

Listen from 6:30

Well I'll be darned! I could of sworn that I read that it was written during the Nimrod era, must of been a different song. Nice find, thanks!

There's a few dates on festivals going on. I wonder when are they going to announce the most important date... :whistle

There's a few dates on festivals going on. I wonder when are they going to announce the most important date... :whistle

What? The UK tour? :P

Im thinking the album release date haha!

Pah. Minor compared to the tour. :P

They have to release the album before they start doing all of these festivals and shows. To me, it would be stupid if they did these huge shows without a new album because anyone who has been following Green Day the past few months must know that they are working on new songs and recording. If they didn't play any of the new songs at the shows, I think it would be a little bit of a let down to fans. Of course they can put on a fantastic show with the material they have already, but come on, everyone will know they will be holding back the good stuff.

In the last 3 years, they've played here in Norway twice. A stadium and a concert hall. If they play the concert hall again, I'm gonna be really disappointed, cause the stadium show was 10 times better! Better sound, 5 times as many people, you could breathe..

Can't wait for the tour dates! This time I have to learn all the lyrics before the show.. :3

Usually they do the festivals before the album comes out, they would play one or two new songs on the festivals but would keep most of the new tracks and album "trends", such as new stage settings based on the artwork and themes from the album and the band's wardrobe, for their own tour.

Archived