The Trilogy Albums

Undómiel

Agreed. Still holding my breath for a solo album from Tre!

i'd be the first one to pre-order it!

just imagine the cover with something like "including the smash hits all by myself, dominated love slave AND like a rat does cheese" on it xDDD

Personally I'd love some vocals from Mike, or at least some good old fashioned billie and mike harmonies!

Personally I'd love some vocals from Mike, or at least some good old fashioned billie and mike harmonies!

This...I've been thinking that since Breakdown came out!

Billie did say I think a while ago that he would like to see Mike become more of a songwriter going forward... I will be very curious to see if that's the case!

I think it's safe to say Billie wrote "Amanda," though :D

Let's see, the first video was on a Wednesday, 2 = Friday, 3 = Monday, 4 = Wednesday, and 5 = Friday. Following that scenario, 6 should be tomorrow.

Guess I was wrong! :lol: Love that Green Day never follows the "rules!"

Assuming that Mike could sing, Tré should do it as well, singing his polka song about the japanese subway...

I think it's a safe bet we're gonna get harmonies. But the solos are great too... it took me ages to realise that it's Mike singing in American Eulogy... #slow.

Oh yes please :wub:. Since the songs have a bit of a retro sound to them they could get some lovely harmonies in there.

Agreed. Still holding my breath for a solo album from Tre!

THAT would be slamdalkfmsfglkm AMAZING :runaround:

I want an album of Beatles covers from Green Day. I suppose I'll make do with a new Green Day album though.

I'd like a solo album of Billie Joe where he would collaborate with great recording artists and rock stars such as Mike Dirnt and Tre Cool, and call the album "The Green Day Experience" ;)

..but since that won't make much sense, a new Green Day album will do

I agree. Mike's voice is heavenly, and the pair of them have voices that fit together perfectly, each one complementing the other beautifully without seeming out of place.

omg imagine if Billie did an acoustic punk rock album and collaborated with Frank Turner and like Chuck Ragan or something...drool.

I'm kind of wondering, since Billie wrote this song called Wonderful during the recordings of 21stCB and didn't put it out back then, maybe they will consider putting it out now on the new album

I'm kind of wondering, since Billie wrote this song called Wonderful during the recordings of 21stCB and didn't put it out back then, maybe they will consider putting it out now on the new album

I have a feeling there's a chance it may end up as a B-side. Regardless I would love to hear it. Judging from how Butch Vig described it it's supposed to be a really cool song.

I have a feeling there's a chance it may end up as a B-side. Regardless I would love to hear it. Judging from how Butch Vig described it it's supposed to be a really cool song.

Sorry i'm a bit behind but... how exactly did Butch Vig describe it?

Sorry i'm a bit behind but... how exactly did Butch Vig describe it?

"The day after the election, Mr. Armstrong wrote a new song called “Wonderful,” Mr. Vig said. “It was super poppy, sunny, Beach Boys but with fuzzy pop chords,” he said. “It was great. Hundreds of bands would kill to have this song on the record.” Mr. Armstrong, he said, vetoed it, deciding it wouldn’t fit with the rest of the album. “He said, ‘I just had to write it,’ ” Mr. Vig recalled. "

Here's the article where the quote is from

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/03/arts/music/03pare.html?pagewanted=3&_r=3

Archived