The Trilogy Albums

Undómiel

Just looking at the video, I wonder how Billies use of Gretsch guitars will affect the sound af the new album, as he has used Gibsons for the last 2

Billie Joe will certainly use Gibsons in this album too, since he doesn't have too many Gretsch guitars afaik. Pretty sure that Floyd will be used heavily.

really glad Rob is back!!! He definitely knows them better. I really do hope we'll get a vid every day !! My obsession shall begin again :P

I'm not sure. According to Wikipedia they were recording it from January 2008 to April 2009.

I'm not sure. According to Wikipedia they were recording it from January 2008 to April 2009.

you know something...I really, really, really hope that song list isn`t the actual track list! I don`t want to know that much about it 6 months in advance! :cry: and I haven`t even listened to the recordings from the secret shows.

That song list in the video - Stay The Night and Let Yourself Go are on there. This album is going to be AWESOME.

Plus Rob.

Ohhhhhhhhhh this is too good.

does anyone know how long they were in the studio with 21st century breakdown? like a good few months?

I think it was from October to late January/early February.

I think the most exciting thing is the fact that the last time Rob worked with Green Day - we got American Idiot.

I'm wondering when the new album is coming out, because they're playing that festival in August. I'm guessing maybe either August or September? Maybe July?

What is everyone else's thoughts on when it's coming out?

My prediction is that it will be released somewhere in September/October

I definitely agree, and it's pretty clear to me that this probably won't be similar to 21CB. But at the same time I really believe that if we had heard random songs from 21CB at secret shows, no one would inherently realize that they were part of a concept. Because we don't know the lyrics really (and let's face it, the only thing that really made the last album a concept was the repetition of a few names in a few songs, and the theme). Same goes for AI. It seems overwhelmingly obvious now, but in a randomized selection that doesn't include the 9-minute songs, you'd never realize it before the album came out.

You know I never thought about it that way before! You're totally right, it could turn out to be more complex than it seems from what we've heard so far. I don't mind that at all though, if the music sounds that way then whether the lyrics are talking about characters or a story or not is neither here nor there. Hell even Stop Drop And Roll is talking about characters. If it is a "concept" album that doesn't mean it has to sound like AI or 21st CB or even that it has to be particularly complex. Whether it has some kind of concept or not the possibilities are endless so I'm not gonna worry, if those songs are anything to go by I know it's gonna be amazing either way.

Just going to put this out there. Stay the Night being confirmed for the album has basically restored my faith in humanity. That song is beyond mind-blowingly orgasmic

I don't think this will take as long as people think. I really do think it'll be out this summer. When you hear about a band being in the studio a long time it's usually because they are writing and demoing it all. Then once it's done and approved, the real thing is recorded pretty quick. From what we've heard,, Green Day's done writing and demoing the album already and they're probably really well rehearsed, though maybe they'll write more while they're recording. Actually,, they probably will.

Just going to put this out there. Stay the Night being confirmed for the album has basically restored my faith in humanity. That song is beyond mind-blowingly orgasmic

So true. It's such a simple song but it is easily stuck in my head for an entire day.

Same thing with Stray Heart. I will be truly sad if they won't put that one on the new album. I really think it will be a great single, along with Stay the Night

Hey. Hey Glen. Remember that time when we saw Stay The Night the first time it was ever heard in public?

yeah.

:woot:

sdfgucbsdufigvbsoiuvbg I can't believe it's going to be on the album :runaround:

Hey. Hey Glen. Remember that time when we saw Stay The Night the first time it was ever heard in public?

yeah.

:woot:

sdfgucbsdufigvbsoiuvbg I can't believe it's going to be on the album :runaround:

We are the privileged few he chose to witness the awesome before any others. Does this make us gods or something? :o

We are the privileged few he chose to witness the awesome before any others. Does this make us gods or something? :o

No. It just makes you lucky bastards.... :P

My life will feel more complete after an intimate, mini show. Reading this Mr.Armstrong? You know what the fuck to do!

My life will feel more complete after an intimate, mini show. Reading this Mr.Armstrong? You know what the fuck to do!

Okay. I will remove my mask and play you a secret show.

Damn. It didn't work. Guess I'm stuck like this for all eternity.

yes. yes it does.

No. It just makes you lucky bastards.... :P

hush you :P

"I think Billie is still in writing mode," Vig says. "I know they have a ton of songs."

wu4bq8.jpg

I really don't mind whether they make a concept album or not, as long as it sounds like Green Day and it's out soon! One or two piano-y bits (a la Viva Gloria etc.) would be nice again though, hint hint ;)

Archived