The Trilogy Albums

Undómiel

Such great news! I think the answer to how long does it take to record an album is how long is a piece of string, it could take a long time or be super quick or anything in between. But still, they're actually recording......heeeeeee :D

In my experience with keeping up with bands recording albums, they all usually managed to finish the recording in 3 weeks or a whole month.

Also this is just a side thought: If there's a tour this year, I hope tickets won't be $150 a piece like many concerts tickets are these days.

In my experience with keeping up with bands recording albums, they all usually managed to finish the recording in 3 weeks or a whole month.

Also this is just a side thought: If there's a tour this year, I hope tickets won't be $150 a piece like many concerts tickets are these days.

Sounds good!

And I wouldn't worry too much, they always seem to keep their ticket prices reasonable. Like over here if you look at a list of prices that bands that are equally as successful as Green Day charge, Green Day are always at the low end of the list if not the lowest (and considering they play for almost 3 hours that's pretty good value!). Hopefully that won't change.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they make sure their ticket prices were lower during the 21CB tour?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they make sure their ticket prices were lower during the 21CB tour?

I heard they did, Mike even joked that they were too poor to travel by jet on tour because of keeping the ticket prices low XD but they've said it many places that they try to keep it as low as possible. And since they probably have an entourage of around 100 people, the prices are definitely reasonable

That said i'm sure prices will rise a bit, given the state of things. They always do

I wonder if tomorrow it'll be officially confirmed that they are recording. Like I wonder if Green Day will post on their facebook or something saying "We're now recording.".

A few things:

1. I agree with Hermione that just because Jason White is in the studio with them while they're recording, I don't think that would mean he'd be credited as a musician or even play on the album. If you watch the Making of AI, he's always in there with them playing guitar, but he wasn't credited as a musician on that album. I think he's just a part of their constant jamming group. Unless he's actually coming up with guitar things himself, I doubt he'd be credited.

2. Not that Jason's not 'one of the guys', but I wonder if he was "supposed to" share that they're going to record tomorrow? If it's true. IDK, I just feel like if someone were to ask Billie that question, he would have been more evasive.

3. Billie's in Fullerton last we checked.... Jason's in SF. Where are they recording???!

3. Billie's in Fullerton last we checked.... Jason's in SF. Where are they recording???!

Maybe Jason is meeting them down there tomorrow? And by them I'm assuming Mike and Tre are down in the LA area with Billie.

A few things:

1. I agree with Hermione that just because Jason White is in the studio with them while they're recording, I don't think that would mean he'd be credited as a musician or even play on the album. If you watch the Making of AI, he's always in there with them playing guitar, but he wasn't credited as a musician on that album. I think he's just a part of their constant jamming group. Unless he's actually coming up with guitar things himself, I doubt he'd be credited.

2. Not that Jason's not 'one of the guys', but I wonder if he was "supposed to" share that they're going to record tomorrow? If it's true. IDK, I just feel like if someone were to ask Billie that question, he would have been more evasive.

just 'cause Jason said that they're gonna start recording tomorrow, doesn't mean that he will be with them in the studio, haah :)

I think the album won't be out until November. Maybe earlier (I hope so!), but giving them plenty of time, I think that's a realistic expectation.

In my experience of keeping track of many other artists, about 6 months can be expected between when they're done recording and when the album is released. It takes a while to master everything, then for everything to be printed, and for singles and artwork and a release date and everything to be worked out. Just about everyone I listen to who's released an album in the last couple years has about 6 months between recording and release date.

Also, how long it takes to actually record the album can vary, across artists and even just for Green Day. It can take as little as a few weeks or as long as a year (if you're slow!). I think 2-4 months is reasonable.

So, if Green Day spends 3 months recording, and then there's 6 months more to go, I think November would be a fair guess. And a single probably 2 months before that.

I stay off GDC and miss important news like them going to start recording, and Billie being around here. Dammit. :(

lol Fullerton though, what's Billie doing there? :lol:

A few things:

Do people not remember the big bitchfest that some people had a few months ago when the news that Jason was writing songs for the band had sprung up? He's a part of the band, credited in the studio or not. It's common knowledge by now, people should stop being surprised by his involvement.

I'm not trying to deny Jason anything---I honestly don't mind if he's writing songs and part of the band. We just don't know if he IS writing songs? If it turns out he is, great.

I was excited about the news that they're going into the studio tomorrow, and I asked my mom (also a big Green Day fan) what she thought their new album would be like. Her prediction? A polka record in which the guys play different instruments from usual - Billie on harp, Tre on bagpipes, and Mike on the triangle. Except the first and last songs - those feature all three playing violins like from the Simpson movie. Haha! :P

I hope she's wrong! lol

Do people not remember the big bitchfest that some people had a few months ago when the news that Jason was writing songs for the band had sprung up? He's a part of the band, credited in the studio or not. It's common knowledge by now, people should stop being surprised by his involvement.

I'm not putting him down lol, I love everything Jason does with Green Day and if he does more then I'll be glad. But Billie Mike and Tre write the songs and play on the albums and (so far) he's never done either of those things. Nothing wrong with that at all, but I'm just pointing out there is a big difference between his role in the band and theirs up until now at least. That could change of course, but that's what the situation's been so far so a jump from that to full band member would be a very big jump. Him starting to contribute to the writing and recording I can imagine, but him going directly from never contributing to the writing or recording of a Green Day album to being a fully fledged member of the band I can't. I wouldn't have a problem with it if he did :lol:, I just don't think it's very likely.

If you were Jason why would you give up doing all the nice things like touring the world and remaining pretty much anonymous for having to do all the interviews and photoshoots as well ? The bloke's got the best job in the world.

i love Jason but i still wouldnt want him to be an official member of the band. i like Green Day as Billie Mike and Tre and the Jasons and Jeff as tour members

guys did you realize that (if it aren't just rumors but actually happening :lol: ) Green Day start releasing at St. Valentines Day? ...yeah they love us :wub:

:lol:

That's really interesting that they seem to start recording today. Well, anyway, there are still open questions concering a producer and the release date.

I don't think we've heard anything about a producer so far, Rob Cavallo would still be my favourite one, but maybe they'll even produce it by themselves?! :)

And if they really start recording today, a release date around the end of July seems legit to me. Recording until the end of March (I'm sure they're gonna record more songs that will end up on the album), chosing the tracks, creating the artwork etc. will take some time as well. I expect a first single in June :)

Wouldn't be surprised if it took a bit longer though...

guys did you realize that (if it aren't just rumors but actually happening :lol: ) Green Day start releasing at St. Valentines Day? ...yeah they love us :wub:

:lol:

In my opinion (and it is just my opinion) that may be because they're redoing cigarrettes and valentines, with more new songs maybe, or just a coincidence.

I was excited about the news that they're going into the studio tomorrow, and I asked my mom (also a big Green Day fan) what she thought their new album would be like. Her prediction? A polka record in which the guys play different instruments from usual - Billie on harp, Tre on bagpipes, and Mike on the triangle. Except the first and last songs - those feature all three playing violins like from the Simpson movie. Haha! :P

I hope she's wrong! lol

Special guest Will Ferrell on the cowbell FTW!

We decided we don't want one huge thread that covers every news story, especially the big ones. So I've split conversation up about Billie Joe's tweet today into a new thread

Has anyone ever thought that GD may have songs that will be on the album but were previously not played at the surprise shows? I think it'd be cool if they surprised us with some songs we haven't already heard.

We decided we don't want one huge thread that covers every news story, especially the big ones. So I've split conversation up about Billie Joe's tweet today into a new thread

http://www.greendayc...new-album-today

Oh I seee.... well that's not so bad. That's not what I thought you were talking about! :P

Archived