The Trilogy Albums

Undómiel

quote from Michael Mayer in Chicago Tribune today

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-02-06/entertainment/ct-ent-0207-director-mayer-20120206_1_director-michael-mayer-clear-day-smash

Q: Billie Joe Armstrong and the Green Day guys seemed to be at the theater nearly every night in New York. Expecting them to show up in Chicago?

A: That was a very special thing for us to have them so engaged. But they're working on their new album. They'll be involved again as soon as they come up for air.

http://articles.chic...clear-day-smash

Q: Billie Joe Armstrong and the Green Day guys seemed to be at the theater nearly every night in New York. Expecting them to show up in Chicago?

A: That was a very special thing for us to have them so engaged. But they're working on their new album. They'll be involved again as soon as they come up for air.

<<Waiting eagerly for the white smoke to rise from the chimney>> :D

Yay! That's awesome. I feel like this is of more excitement than some of the random magazines because I feel like Michael Mayer would know more about what the band is up to than some random internet website. :D

It's not as if he said something we didn't all already know.

I suppose.... but you of all people know what Warner can be like...

if he`d said they were recording it he might not have been too popular but just saying they are working on it shouldn`t be. actual news of them recording is what everybody is waiting for because then we can have a better idea of a release date.

That sounds quite promising, to be honest. Excitedly waiting for more news.. :shifty: Thanks for posting!

Well, they're working on their new album since the releast of 21st Century Breakdown since they've always been writing new demos for their upcoming record. Nothing special for me...

Well, they're working on their new album since the releast of 21st Century Breakdown since they've always been writing new demos for their upcoming record. Nothing special for me...

But being "at the theater nearly every night" was also long after 21CB came out - does suggest that the new album is taking more of a priority now at least

It's also not exactly practical to follow the musical tour around the country... they have lives you know :D

This whole taking 4-5 years between albums thing is getting a bit silly. I know there have been many projects in between Warning/AI/21st CB but three studio albums in 12 years leaves a little to be desired. Quality over quantity I guess.

This whole taking 4-5 years between albums thing is getting a bit silly. I know there have been many projects in between Warning/AI/21st CB but three studio albums in 12 years leaves a little to be desired. Quality over quantity I guess.

I agree with this. As I said before, I would love to see them eventually going back to the traditional two years in between albums.

I find this ironic coming from an Axl Rose fan

Spontaneous stuff can be quality too though (Foxboro Hot Tubs for example). I wish they'd put the songs from the secret shows out as a fresh spontaneous album like they did with Stop Drop And Roll. I really think they only played those songs for fun and are gonna put a more serious album out instead, because surely awesomely fresh and simple rock and roll songs like that don't need months of tinkering and labouring over? I wonder if the reason they didn't release them on an album was because they did them as Green Day rather than as a side project, maybe they can't be seen to put out a more low key fun album in between the bigger ones because it would be confusing as far as their marketing/image goes or something. Should've just called themselves Dirty Mike And The Boys and put it out as a side project :P

No way. if that's the case I'm going to be very, very disappointed. However, I don't think they would do that. Maybe some new songs have been written since the last secret show and maybe some have been dropped altogether but I doubt they're going to scrap 'Stay The Night' and 'Oh Love' to "get serious" and make American Idiot pt 3.

They better not make American Idiot Part 3. I liked the last two albums, but the idea of conceptional type albums is getting a little old. I would love for them to be spontaneous like they were with the Hot Tubs.

They better not make American Idiot Part 3. I liked the last two albums, but the idea of conceptional type albums is getting a little old. I would love for them to be spontaneous like they were with the Hot Tubs.

They haven't made American Idiot Part 2 yet. If they do that, I'd be very happy

They haven't made American Idiot Part 2 yet. If they do that, I'd be very happy

Me too. I'm happy with anything the band puts out. I think it would be cool if they continued the American Idiot story. I have a feeling that we'll have the new album in 2013 and tour the end of 2013 into 2014. Sounds reasonable if you ask me. Gives them this whole year to write and record and get everything together.

I don't mind if they make a "serious" album again. But knowing they've written those songs I want them first :D

I'm not fussed about what its about so long as its sooner rather than later XD

Nah I'm kidding, it'd seem like such a waste not to hear the sings from the surprise shows though

Archived