The Trilogy Albums

Undómiel

^ Yeah, that's where I read it last night. Is this IdiotNews4U twitter legit though? The fact that it says "@GDA even knows we exist and loves what we do!" makes me wonder :lol:

It's just a fan run twitter. We have no idea where they got that from.

All this seems a bit weird to me.. but I can't wait to get to know if there's actually some truth about it!

^ Yeah, that's where I read it last night. Is this IdiotNews4U twitter legit though? The fact that it says "@GDA even knows we exist and loves what we do!" makes me wonder :lol:

That's a nice endorsement from GDA that we never gave...

That's a nice endorsement from GDA that we never gave...

He have talked alot with Tony, maybe that's why it says so. or i dont know xD

Didn't it stem from Mike being at the NAMM show? One person he spoke to tweeted that he said they were 'working hard on the new album', and then another article said he was getting a bass shipped to their studio in Oakland where they were getting ready to begin recording.

That's good to know =)

Yeah, sometimes a random Green Day fan makes up stuff and it gets passed around quite quickly.

I'm guessing they got a hold of the articles saying "Green Day is working on their new album." and figured it meant that they are getting ready to record it.

He have talked alot with Tony, maybe that's why it says so. or i dont know xD

That would make sense to why we "endorsed" them

My friend takes (in my opinion) pessimistic view that she ain't going to believe anything until she hears it from the band. I like to follow the rumours and get excited about things....

She's probably a realist and I'm a romantic.

Oh well.

My friend takes (in my opinion) pessimistic view that she ain't going to believe anything until she hears it from the band. I like to follow the rumours and get excited about things....

She's probably a realist and I'm a romantic.

Oh well.

Couldn't it be more romantic for it to be a mystery and to wait and wonder what they might be up to and then have the band finally reveal it as a wonderful surprise? :D I don't really think of taking notice of rumours made up by magazines to get attention and things people have said that they've clearly just assumed as being romantic, it's just getting your hopes up for nothing. You can still get excited anticipating the new album (and about hints given by the band themselves) without taking notice of things that don't mean anything.

After listening to the podcast last night, it reminded me of the Billboard article with the quote from Butch Vig. It suddenly made me wonder if Butch Vig isn't going to be producing this album, since in the article he said that he thought Billie Joe was still in writing mode. One would think that if were going to be producing it he would at least know if Billie Joe was still in writing mode. Maybe by saying that he inadvertantly let on that he won't be producing 21st Century Breakdown's follow-up.

Little has been mentioned in the press about the follow-up to Green Day's ( @greenday) chart-topping 2009 Butch Vig-produced rock opera, "21st Century Breakdown," but the veteran rock act has been previewing new material in recent months during intimate club shows. At a late-October concert at New York's 300-capacity Studio at Webster Hall, frontman Billie Joe Armstrong reportedly told fans that a new album didn't exist yet before playing several new cuts. Still, an album in 2012 is a long shot. I think Billie is still in writing mode," Vig says. "I know they have a ton of songs."

I don't know. This is just random speculation on my part. I'm good for that sometimes. :lol:

Vig is recording a new album with his own band "garbage" and touring with them later this year, so its highly unlikely he'll be doing any producing for other bands this year.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they ended up producing it themselves with some help from Chris Duggan. It would probably actually sound REALLY good.

isn't Jingletown basically theirs now? They could totally record the album there, couldn't they? The studios have been revamped, I'm sure it'd work.

That thing about Mike having a bass sent there got me thinking this. Maybe they will end up in LA again, who knows, but it's a thought

The punk giants have announced they are working on their ninth studio album. No title or release date has been set, but the band announced in a broadcast with Ustream they have written 30 songs for the album. Bassist Mike Dirnt told Radio W the band had all the material written for the album, they just wanted to make it perfect before it was recorded and released. Hopefully, Green Day can get together soon and hammer out their latest album before punk fans burnout.

http://www.nwmissourinews.com/features/the_vibe/article_0df44e2a-4247-11e1-98de-0019bb30f31a.html

The punk giants have announced they are working on their ninth studio album. No title or release date has been set, but the band announced in a broadcast with Ustream they have written 30 songs for the album. Bassist Mike Dirnt told Radio W the band had all the material written for the album, they just wanted to make it perfect before it was recorded and released. Hopefully, Green Day can get together soon and hammer out their latest album before punk fans burnout.

http://www.nwmissour...19bb30f31a.html

I see they haven't mentioned it but the interview they're referring to where Mike said that happened in October 2010. So yeah....they "announced" that a year and a half ago.

Amazing how easily the news of your dreams can be quelled by a more knowledgeable fan on GDC. Viva la Waiting.

That article did have one redeeming factor: Lost demos of Freddie Mercury/Michael Jackson duets? Yes please.

I'm pulling this from what I said on GDA last week about Mike going to the NAMM thing -

"Since they're apparently about to start recording their album, I thought I'd look at how long it takes from when they start recording and when the album comes out. If they're fast like they were before, the album *could* easily be out by October - both Nimrod and Warning were started arond March or April, only 6-7 months before they were released. However, American Idiot (according to Wikipedia) was started in April 2003, an entire year and 5 months before it came out; 21st Century Breakdown took almost as long, from January 2008 until its release in May 2009 - a year and 4 months.

If they contine spending time on their albums, as with the last two, we probably won't be hearing anything until next year. But if they decide to be more spontaneous/quick like before AI (and actually keep that promise of releasing new music more quickly than last time!!), then it could probably come out this fall.

I personally hope the new album comes out this year, as long as it's not too rushed. Plus, we don't actually *know* if they haven't aleady started recording... though this article does say that's the case."

How long do you think they'll take to record the album? Or more importantly, when do you think it will come out?

I'm pulling this from what I said on GDA last week about Mike going to the NAMM thing -

"Since they're apparently about to start recording their album, I thought I'd look at how long it takes from when they start recording and when the album comes out. If they're fast like they were before, the album *could* easily be out by October - both Nimrod and Warning were started arond March or April, only 6-7 months before they were released. However, American Idiot (according to Wikipedia) was started in April 2003, an entire year and 5 months before it came out; 21st Century Breakdown took almost as long, from January 2008 until its release in May 2009 - a year and 4 months.

If they contine spending time on their albums, as with the last two, we probably won't be hearing anything until next year. But if they decide to be more spontaneous/quick like before AI (and actually keep that promise of releasing new music more quickly than last time!!), then it could probably come out this fall.

I personally hope the new album comes out this year, as long as it's not too rushed. Plus, we don't actually *know* if they haven't aleady started recording... though this article does say that's the case."

How long do you think they'll take to record the album? Or more importantly, when do you think it will come out?

My guess is that they'll spend a month recording it and it'd maybe take 6-7 months before it actually hits the shelves once recording is finsihed.

At least that's what they did with 21st CB. They recorded it in October of '08 and released it 7 months later in May '09 (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I think the record could possibly see the light of day this year.

I think they were still recording 21st Century Breakdown till about March'09. Murder City was one of the last songs they wrote which I think was in February '09

Does anyone remember when they did that pirate radio thing with Butch? Maybe the secret shows are meant for the same reason, but they kept doing them because they enjoyed playing live again?

Vig is recording a new album with his own band "garbage" and touring with them later this year, so its highly unlikely he'll be doing any producing for other bands this year.

Fair enough, but has there even been anything said about Butch producing their next album? It could always been someone else.

Fair enough, but has there even been anything said about Butch producing their next album? It could always been someone else.

I think it was being produced by the band themselves and Butch was mixing it.

Archived