The Trilogy Albums

Undómiel

I don't think we can expect a Grammy's announcement. I'm sure that was a once-in-a-lifetime type of thing. I don't recall any other recording artist announcing a new album at the Grammy's (but I don't have a good memory or attention span). It's not the proper "place" to announce something like that. And besides, GreenDay.com broke the news before the announcer at the Grammy's did

mentioned in the Fender blog about Mike who was at NAMM and ordered Excelsior amps

"Excelsior was tagged for the Green Day studio in Oakland, Cali., where the band is preparing to start recording their next studio album."

That's some pretty exciting stuff there. It sounds like they'll be starting sooner rather than later if he had it sent directly to their studio. :D

That's some pretty exciting stuff there. It sounds like they'll be starting sooner rather than later if he had it sent directly to their studio. :D

That's generally not the studio they record in though. They write/rehearse/demo stuff there but they go to Los Angeles to record.

To be honest I wouldn't take anything from that quote. It's good that they're doing stuff but it just sounds like the person who wrote the blog assumed the "where the band is preparing to start recording their next studio album" part himself rather than actually hearing it from Mike.

That's generally not the studio they record in though. They write/rehearse/demo stuff there but they go to Los Angeles to record.

To be honest I wouldn't take anything from that quote. It's good that they're doing stuff but it just sounds like the person who wrote the blog assumed the "where the band is preparing to start recording their next studio album" part himself rather than actually hearing it from Mike.

I figured they would record in Oakland and go to LA to do the finishing touches. Isn't that what they did when they recorded American Idiot?

Got to be honest here, 21st Century Breakdown is Green Day's weakest album, they should get Rob Cavallo back for the next album.

I figured they would record in Oakland and go to LA to do the finishing touches. Isn't that what they did when they recorded American Idiot?

They did do some recording in Oakland for American Idiot but the bulk of it was done in LA. In the album booklet it says "Recorded at:" with Ocean Way in LA listed first, Capitol in LA listed second and 880 in Oakland listed third. The band's talked about recording it in LA/staying in LA while they were recording it too. They could do things differently this time of course but it seems they like to record in LA these days.

I don't think it makes much difference as far as that quote goes though, I'm pretty certain "preparing to start recording their next studio album" is just something assumed and added on by the blog writer so it really doesn't mean anything.

Got to be honest here, 21st Century Breakdown is Green Day's weakest album

no-meme-rage-face.jpg

21st century breakdown is my favorite album.

Got to be honest here, 21st Century Breakdown is Green Day's weakest album, they should get Rob Cavallo back for the next album.

There is no such thing as a weakest album when it comes to Green Day. All their albums are great. I can't wait until the next one comes out!

I love 21st Century Breakdown. :wub: People hate on it too much.

And, the recent quote from Butch Vig makes me think they still want to stick with him.

I could be wrong though, I'm just assuming.

And, the recent quote from Butch Vig makes me think they still want to stick with him.

I could be wrong though, I'm just assuming.

Barfing

I love 21st Century Breakdown, I really do, but the mixing/production on it is just awful. The songs are great, it just sounds bad, if you know what I mean.

I don't know. I just think the part about him sending it to that studio was interesting. If they were still far away from recording anything, I couldn't see him sending it there. I know they usually record their albums in LA, so maybe they're getting ready to record demoes or something.

No need to be negative Nancys, they've been writing and recording demos since what, 2009? I'm willing to bet on the fact that a new Green Day album will be released in the later part of 2012. They're not THAT lazy. They wouldn't be 'hard at work on the new album' if they were planning on sitting around for another year.

They've been very spontaneous lately, I wouldn't be surprised if they were jamming the new songs and getting in the groove in Oakland after taking some time off the last couple of months before recording it in some random place where nobody can stalk them and gobble every piece of information possible.

No need to be negative Nancys, they've been writing and recording demos since what, 2009? I'm willing to bet on the fact that a new Green Day album will be released in the later part of 2012. They're not THAT lazy. They wouldn't be 'hard at work on the new album' if they were planning on sitting around for another year.

They've been very spontaneous lately, I wouldn't be surprised if they were jamming the new songs and getting in the groove in Oakland after taking some time off the last couple of months before recording it in some random place where nobody can stalk them and gobble every piece of information possible.

I agree we have no idea what they're up to and they could surprise us with something at any time. But I just don't see the point in getting our hopes up over things that don't actually tell us anything and making out they mean something when they don't. I'm very excited to see what they do but that's all we can do, wait and see! Happily waiting with no expectations and getting a nice surprise is a much more positive experience than expecting something and being disappointed.

They're also riding a creative wave that sparked on the 21CB tour and got afterburners on during the original AIOB run. Add that to the fact that the guys seem to prefer being in front of a live audience -- ANY live audience -- than sitting in a studio and there's a lot of creative energy + motivation to get the job done sooner rather than later. The sooner they can get a quality album out, the sooner they can go on tour again. :D

I seem to recall them saying back in 2010 that "a couple years down the line, it's gonna get real serious." So since since it has been a couple years down the line from 2010, I'm wondering if this could be our lucky year.

I don't know why people are getting so worked up with conspiracy theories. Have you not going anything else to listen to/worry about ?

Well excuse me, how dare I be excited for the new album from my favorite band? :shok:

i honestly think they are staying down low and playing and possibly recording, which explains not having a surprise show in a while. I wouldnt be surprised if we get an album by fall. possibly in September or October, considering thats the time of year in which they have release most of their albums.

I seem to recall them saying back in 2010 that "a couple years down the line, it's gonna get real serious." So since since it has been a couple years down the line from 2010, I'm wondering if this could be our lucky year.

What context did they say that in? I don't even know what that MEANS :lol: Serious?

What context did they say that in? I don't even know what that MEANS :lol: Serious?

They said it in regards to the album I think.

Found the quote here (you remembered it word for word James!). It was at the 2010 Grammys

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1630900/green-day-grammy-win-came-at-sweetest-time.jhtml

"We're always writing songs all the time, but we don't know what, when or where a record's gonna come out. But a couple years down the line, it's gonna get real serious."

So basically all he was saying was they weren't at the stage of knowing exactly what they were doing and properly knuckling down making an album yet, but in a couple of years they would be. I don't think it was a promise or anything though haha, just a description of the stage they were at.

I don't think the word lazy should ever be used in a description of Green Day. When their album is released is not at all a reflection on whether or not they're lazy. 'Hard at work on the new album' would more likely imply that they're working hard to produce a record that they're proud of, which may not make it into our ravenous hands by the end of this year. You also have to keep in mind that a new album is not the only thing on their plate. The American Idiot movie has been confirmed, if I'm not mistaken, and while they're not cruising down that path at the speed of light, I'm sure some of their attention is devoted to that as well. I'm certainly not getting my hopes up for an album this year. If it happens then it will be a pleasant surprise.

Oh OK, the way I read it was like they were implying that their next album would be of a more 'serious' tone (like really important, dramatic themes)... phew!

I just want an album with good music that sounds like the real Green Day I know. Is that too much to ask for?

Archived