The Trilogy Albums

Und贸miel

I started believing that it's not coming out as soon as I was hoping. Okay, they've been doing all of those secret concerts, but probably is just for testing and see where they can improve a song, maybe a certain moment when the crowd starts being a little quiet, so Billie could put something else in there to have the best live experience ever. Last tour in South America Billie said that a Green Day concert was all about to have a great time, so they might just testing the songs live before actually finishing them.

I'm not sure if it's right, but Stay the Night has changed from the first secret show to the last one, hasn't it? That makes sense to me. I started becoming a fan after American Idiot, so I saw all the 21st Century Breakdown process and dude, the first informations we had was about less than a year before the record comes out.

It just sucks that they don't say anything about it, either if there's something really going on or not. They have twitter, facebook, the official website... Okay they don't have to, but that would be cool to end with rumours.

I have been a Green Day fan since 1994, and it has always been like this鈥攖he band really doesn't let the outside world into their creative process when they are making a new album. In other words, do not expect them to say anything during this preproduction phase (i.e., demoing and rehearsing). On the other hand, the good news is that they have never played this many new songs live before recording the master tracks that end up on the final version of the album, at least not since they signed to Reprise Records in 1993. Needless to say this long preproduction process usually allows the band to record the master tracks fairly quickly, as they already have everything worked out before heading down to L.A.

I don't think the fact we don't know much or that they haven't started recording yet really means anything. Like the post above says, as far as I know they can get the masters done pretty quickly. I saw some little clipping from 21CB where Billie was saying how quickly he can record vocals. There's obviously a lot of songs ready to be recorded and some that have been scrapped already. It could be ages away (hell, what do I know? :lol: ) but I wouldn't give up all hope.

Just hoping everyday for something...can't wait for it.

Me too :lol: I wait like a crazy... But I try not to think about it and it's pretty easy. If they can take things slowly, we can do it as well. :)

I think that's Jingletown Recording's crew, though :) I don't think they actually record their albums at Jingletown (used to be 880), just rehearse and demo. They usually record in LA. I say usually, because you never know with Green Day; I could be totally wrong and they could be recording somewhere totally different this time. No one knows really XD

That photo was shot (and tweeted) in the lead-up to the Armstrong family publicizing their "The Boo" holiday card 7". I suspect they laid down the tracks for that at Jingletown since that's readily accessible to them, and they were just foolin' around in the parking lot with the crew at the time that photo got taken.

Just because they haven't started recording doesn't mean the album isn't close. Don't forget, Dookie was recorded in a day.

Just because they haven't started recording doesn't mean the album isn't close. Don't forget, Dookie was recorded in a day.

No it wasn't ...

My mistake, it was 39/Smooth that was recorded in a day. Still, Dookie was recorded in 2 sessions

My mistake, it was 39/Smooth that was recorded in a day. Still, Dookie was recorded in 2 sessions

I think that was Kerplunk. Dookie was recorded in three weeks or so.

He sounds more speculative himself than anything. Not that he wouldn't know, but it sounds like he's assuming it would take Green Day as painfully long to record their next album as he remembers it did for their last album.

I suppose they'll announce recording in the spring and release it in the fall and do a tour then. I think they said one time that their not gonna take as long to get this album out didn't they?

Also, wouldn't it be cool if after they release this new album, Green Day would go back to the traditional 2 years in between albums like many bands do?

That would be awesome. It seems they're always writing great songs so I'm sure they would be able to keep up putting out quality albums for a while.

I don't know of this Posshog fellow, so I don't know whether to believe that tweet or not...

He was at NAMM 2012 where Mike and Tre were and I guess he talked to Mike.

Mgr. Video Production- EMI, Drummer- Black Robot. Executive Producer for Revolver TV.

http://www.facebook.com/possum.hill

I really just want this new album to be out this year. I'm hoping that they will announce something at the Grammy's at the very least. Also, I was having a look at the news archives on GDA, and it looked like the release date for 21st Century Breakdown hadn't even been announced at least in the beginning of March, which is about 2 months before the album was released, so I'm not overly worried that we havn't heard anything yet, but I do not want to have to wait until 2014 for a new album.

Posshog Possum

Mike Dirnt of Green Day says band working hard on new album

51 minutes ago

That's really exciting :)

I was just looking for the AP article about the 21st Century Breakdown and I found it on GDA. It was like 5 months before the album be released and it was the first one about the album, wasn't it? There was also this parking space thing on GDA. I think it means this lack of news is not something you gotta be desperate for.

I really just want this new album to be out this year. I'm hoping that they will announce something at the Grammy's at the very least. Also, I was having a look at the news archives on GDA, and it looked like the release date for 21st Century Breakdown hadn't even been announced at least in the beginning of March, which is about 2 months before the album was released, so I'm not overly worried that we havn't heard anything yet, but I do not want to have to wait until 2014 for a new album.

Yeah, but we'd been hearing all about the album from the band in interviews and articles from December 2008 onwards (the names and descriptions of the songs and everything). And they'd released teasing little videos from the studio around about September 2008 too. Bands don't usually give the exact release date until quite late on but I think we should expect to hear about the album a few months in advance. Record labels/bands like to start promoting albums reasonably early on so that plenty of people know about it and buy it when it comes out.

I find it interesting that both Mike and Tre were at the NAMM show and that Tre was switching to a new type of drums. It makes me hopeful that they're close to recording something and are picking out the instruments that they want to use for the recording.

Tre was switching to a new type of drums.

Ha! Given his reputation for beating the shit outta his drum kits, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Leedy doesn't have anything left to give after the last 3 years. :lol:

Ha! Given his reputation for beating the shit outta his drum kits, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Leedy doesn't have anything left to give after the last 3 years. :lol:

Good point! Ha ha At least he hasn't lit any on fire recently, I don't think. Or has he? I don't even know. :lol:

mentioned in the Fender blog about Mike who was at NAMM and ordered Excelsior amps

"Excelsior was tagged for the Green Day studio in Oakland, Cali., where the band is preparing to start recording their next studio album."

Archived