The Trilogy Albums

Undómiel

• 2 weeks later...

I want Rob Cavallo for the new album!! like eveyone else here...

uhrm yeah they're definitely always writing- but i'm really so looking forward for them to stop writing for a while and start releasing! alrite i know that the new album will definitely be worth the wait like 21st century breakdown does, but i'm missing them so much. plus, im italian, so they dont even come here that much and i dont want to wait for another 15 years for a green day gig (and i mean, green day only, not shitty festivals or whatnot).

so, yeah. i really do hope they'll hurry the hell up :)

i know how you feel slappy, but here's hoping the saying "good things come to those who wait" will apply here

i was was hoping they would release a new album early 2012 followed by a world tour. i know it's only 16th january but the lack of any official talk about it makes me think it'll be late 2012 or maybe even 2013. we'll have to wait and see..

i know how you feel slappy, but here's hoping the saying "good things come to those who wait" will apply here

i was was hoping they would release a new album early 2012 followed by a world tour. i know it's only 16th january but the lack of any official talk about it makes me think it'll be late 2012 or maybe even 2013. we'll have to wait and see..

I'm eagerly waiting to see if they present at the Grammys and if they announce anything there like with 21CB. If that doesn't happen, then I'll go back into eternal purgatory mode until they decide to grace me with information.

I'm eagerly waiting to see if they present at the Grammys and if they announce anything there like with 21CB. If that doesn't happen, then I'll go back into eternal purgatory mode until they decide to grace me with information.

I'm sort of hoping the same thing. It would be awesome if they do a repeat of 2009. :happy:

Dang it. I was prepared to wait until at least 2013 for the announcement of a new album, but since their surprise secret shows I've been expecting an announcement any day now! :runaround:

I'll say "no" to the Grammy's. But I do find it slightly interesting that they include Billie on one of the commercials for it. But it's from 2005 when they performed American Idiot. Which, was voted as the best Grammy's performance ever.

I can't really see GD repeating themselves if you like by announcing anything at the Grammys-unfortunately.

I'll say "no" to the Grammy's. But I do find it slightly interesting that they include Billie on one of the commercials for it.

Yes! I knew I wasn't seeing things!

Putting that aside, I also wonder why they put him on the promo. I mean, that was from awhile ago...do they have any plans for showing up for the Grammy's?

Yes! I knew I wasn't seeing things!

Putting that aside, I also wonder why they put him on the promo. I mean, that was from awhile ago...do they have any plans for showing up for the Grammy's?

All awards shows seem to use really old footage in their promos. They tend to just use the most famous people regardless of whether they'll actually be at that year's awards. So it's nice that they deem Green Day relevant and eye-grabbing for their ads. If we're lucky, it could also mean they might show...

I can't see them showing up, personally. Last we heard - and we heard quite recently - they hadn't even gone into the studio yet.

Neither can I. Remember by that point, we'd already had that article in AP in fall of '08 talking about several of the new songs. Much of the recording was already done by that point, and last we've heard, Green Day hasn't started recording yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new album cycle mirrors that of American Idiot.

It's a bit of a shame because the new songs sound so fresh and spontaneous so I was expecting them to be recorded spontaneously too! They just don't sound like songs that should be agonized over for months and years. Makes me slightly worried that they just played those songs for fun and will now labour over a "proper" serious album for months and put that out instead :ninja:

They're really teasing us though! All these surprise shows they threw at us... and now it's absolutely quiet again. :ermm:

I really hope we get an album of mainly songs they've been playing at secret shows. Stay The Night and Let Yourself Go are fucking great . . and that's just based off of the shit quality recordings I've heard.

I really, really like how instead of going completely over the top and trying to craft 'big' and 'epic' songs they're writing 3-4 min songs that blend a little of everything the band has ever done (Kerplunk, Warning and American Idiot come to mind) like the 39\Smooth and FBHT style solos, the arena style rock of the last two albums and the pop punk sound of Nimrod and Shenanigans. That's all I could ever ask for in a new Green Day album, but that's just my opinion.

21st Century Breakdown is a great album but it just feels like American Idiot part II to me.

21st Century Breakdown is the new Jesus of Suburbia, East Jesus Nowhere is the new Holiday and 21 Guns is the new Blvd of Broken Dreams

It seems like they had a hard time following up American Idiot which anybody in the same position would do. I think they were trying to make an album that was a bigger more theatrical modern day American Idiot with material they could sink their teeth into when performing live, which they succeeded at. But after a while it seemed like they were having more fun playing old rare stuff and I have to say its funner to see those songs at a Green Day show than the newer stuff but I still enjoy it all.

I can't see them showing up, personally. Last we heard - and we heard quite recently - they hadn't even gone into the studio yet.

I think they're in the studio. Dont you remember this: https://twitter.com/#!/thebricksybor/status/147703774423678976

"Billy Joe Armstrong + entire Studio crew that produces Green Day's Records" in december, why would he build a skate ramp with his studio crew out of all people if they weren't working on an album? xD

I think they're in the studio. Dont you remember this: https://twitter.com/#!/thebricksybor/status/147703774423678976

"Billy Joe Armstrong + entire Studio crew that produces Green Day's Records" in december, why would he build a skate ramp with his studio crew out of all people if they weren't working on an album? xD

I think that's Jingletown Recording's crew, though :) I don't think they actually record their albums at Jingletown (used to be 880), just rehearse and demo. They usually record in LA. I say usually, because you never know with Green Day; I could be totally wrong and they could be recording somewhere totally different this time. No one knows really XD

Really? I didn't know... Did I miss out on something THAT relevant and important? If yes, fuck. Can you give me a link, please?

Really? I didn't know... Did I miss out on something THAT relevant and important? If yes, fuck. Can you give me a link, please?

Well there was no actual confirmation or anything for it, i'm just going by what is implied and by what people in the know have told us. Green Day haven't told us anything, apart from that they're in in the studio working on new music, and Billie did say (teasingly) at the secret show in NY that 'there IS no album yet'.

I want them to announce something to have something to wait for. So that you can count the days and things like that. :lol:

Aand, we're still waiting for January's secret show. :whistle

It's a bit of a shame because the new songs sound so fresh and spontaneous so I was expecting them to be recorded spontaneously too! They just don't sound like songs that should be agonized over for months and years. Makes me slightly worried that they just played those songs for fun and will now labour over a "proper" serious album for months and put that out instead :ninja:

I've been thinking along these lines too... hmmm...

I really hope and believe that won't happen. They might take their time in recording and selection, but I think they can recognize how much the fans appreciate the more raw rock sound of the secret shows and will honor that.

of course, they could just be keeping things quiet to give the AI Musical as much press attention as possible whilst it is still in the early stages of the tour.

apologies in advance for my ignorance, but have any of the secret shows been recorded on camera? i've seen dodgy phone cam videos from those that attended of course. i was just thinking about what Hermione said - if they did just do those songs for fun then it would seem such a waste to not release something, like a live dvd. that would certainly help me wait a bit more patiently for another tour/album

of course, they could just be keeping things quiet to give the AI Musical as much press attention as possible whilst it is still in the early stages of the tour.

apologies in advance for my ignorance, but have any of the secret shows been recorded on camera? i've seen dodgy phone cam videos from those that attended of course. i was just thinking about what Hermione said - if they did just do those songs for fun then it would seem such a waste to not release something, like a live dvd. that would certainly help me wait a bit more patiently for another tour/album

I thought I read somewhere that they were recording them for a documentary on their recording process for the new album. I could just be imagining things though.

I thought I read somewhere that they were recording them for a documentary on their recording process for the new album. I could just be imagining things though.

No you're not imagining things :) It's in this Rolling Stone Article.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/green-day-preview-stadium-ready-new-songs-at-nyc-halloween-show-20111028

Archived