The Trilogy Albums

Undómiel

Yeah that was my question he answered! I nearly fell over with shock....

I did ask it as a joke though but oh well... :P

:lol:

Well, good question! Sometimes it's hard to read a post and tell if it's a joke or not if you're not on GDC all that often. :P

Greenday.com recently posted a link to Live 105's 'Most Anticipated Albums of 2012' or whatever it's called so if they weren't planning on releasing the new album next year I really doubt they would have posted that link and quote about the next album. However I think it's safe to say that the album will not be released next month, especially if it hasn't even been started yet.

Greenday.com recently posted a link to Live 105's 'Most Anticipated Albums of 2012' or whatever it's called so if they weren't planning on releasing the new album next year I really doubt they would have posted that link and quote about the next album. However I think it's safe to say that the album will not be released next month, especially if it hasn't even been started yet.

Nah they really just post any story that mentions Green Day so I don't think it means anything. They've posted all kinds of crap before, I think they just post anything with Green Day in the title without even thinking about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Q did have that exclusive new interview with Billie Joe a few months ago, so I guess it's possible he told them that at the time but didn't want them to reveal it yet?? Or... something.

Hmm, I'd say it's a bit unlikely that he would leak information like that to a magazine and so far in advance.

But I would be happy with September anyways. ;)

Actually, when you think about, September really makes sense. What with the Reading and Leeds rumor and all, they might be doing a repeat of 2004. They could play the new album in its entirety at Reading and Leeds like the did with American Idiot, and then have a September release. I really wouldn't mind that. :D

Maybe they've spoken to Q more recently and we just haven't heard about it, there could be an upcoming article or something. Or maybe it's nothing and we'll all get excited over it for nothing :P

The way I take it is they aren't officially announcing anything because they're not doing the 'new album is coming very soon!' game like every other band does when they haven't even recorded a single note.

A new album will most likely be released in the later part of next year but until they are actually recording and thinking of a release date I really doubt they are going to announce anything.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not, but maybe they want Butch again and he has been busy with Foo Fighters? Just something I thought of...

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not, but maybe they want Butch again and he has been busy with Foo Fighters? Just something I thought of...

I actually haven't even thought of that...

The only thing up is that Butch said on twitter he listened to the new Foo Fighters demos and loved them, but I think they're not actually working at anything right now because Foo Fighters are on a big tour. Though Butch could be busy with Green Day, but I don't think so.

Yeah I don't think Butch is really working with Foo Fighters right now. They just had an album out in 2011... unless something crazy is up, they're not in need of a full-time producer. Doubt he's currently with Green Day either (there's a new Garbage album he might be working on right now)...

Still holding out for our good man Rob Cavallo!

Was the September/Q thing someone jumping the gun??

If by 'jumping the gun' you mean gave a hopeful, realistic, but entirely fictional GUESS, then yes. Andres confirmed that they pulled it out of their asses. It still seems reasonable but even the band probably doesn't know yet.

Yeah I don't think Butch is really working with Foo Fighters right now. They just had an album out in 2011... unless something crazy is up, they're not in need of a full-time producer. Doubt he's currently with Green Day either (there's a new Garbage album he might be working on right now)...

Still holding out for our good man Rob Cavallo!

Cavallo is too busy producing crap like Meat Loaf, Shinedown, and The Indecent to work with Green Day (i.e., the only reason he even has a successful career in the record industry). Besides, it seems Green Day has wanted to get away from working with Cavallo for some time now. In fact, even back as far as 2000, Green Day wanted to have Scott Litt produce Warning, but they ended up producing the album by themselves with Cavallo sitting in as an executive producer.

Cavallo is too busy producing crap like Meat Loaf, Shinedown, and The Indecent to work with Green Day (i.e., the only reason he even has a successful career in the record industry). Besides, it seems Green Day has wanted to get away from working with Cavallo for some time now. In fact, even back as far as 2000, Green Day wanted to have Scott Litt produce Warning, but they ended up producing the album by themselves with Cavallo sitting in as an executive producer.

Understood. But given the success they've had together, and what seems like a real friendship, I don't think they would dismiss the thought entirely. I'm not expecting them to work with him this time necessarily, but I don't think they never will again.

I really really really do hope Butch Vig won't mess around with their new album again since 21st Century Breakdown is just badly overproduced. Rob Cavallo would be perfect, but I can't see that happening soon :(

Well, in fact, I don't really see a problem with producing the record by themselves... This would be the perfect solution to include all of their visions and ideas which can only be good if you take a look at their current appearance in my opinion.

I don't think it'll be butch vig, Garbage are supposed to be releasing their own album this year so he'll be busy with recording and touring that album.

Rob Cavallo would be ideal (that is if the band want him of course)

I don't really see a problem with producing the record by themselves... This would be the perfect solution to include all of their visions and ideas which can only be good if you take a look at their current appearance in my opinion.

I think that's fine for their side projects but not for their next major-label release. You want and need that impartial third-party in the studio with you helping to critique, organize, and guide.

If I had a vote for producer, it would actually be Larry Livermore. The band has talked about wanting to get back to their roots and has now publicly demoed some new songs that point them in that direction, so what better a person to help them pull their next album together than the one who helped start them on their way to begin with?

I'd like for them to choose Larry as well, but in general I think we don't have to worry about the producer because the band will choose the one who will make the best of their new songs and ideas in their opinion. When they picked someone, we should go with that and trust in their decision.

Well, so far the only person who officially said something about an upcoming record is Larry, right? I mean, I know he just said that the band wanted to announce themselves, but it means that he at least knows what's going on about it. Even though I wish he producing it, I can't see it at all. It would be GREAT, but idk.

Without Butch and Rob Cavallo (my favorite one, obviously), I don't see any other one to produce it, so we gotta wait.

Archived