The Trilogy Albums

Undómiel

^what did he say??

When asked when the new album will come out, he said:

"The band want to announce that themselves, so since it's their album and not mine, I think I will let them!"

The post suggests that they do have an album, or atleast have parts of it. I don't know, it sounds like they're actaully pretty far in the process.

I may just be overthinking the post...

Apparently it has been announced on KROQ and Kerrang Radio that the album will be released in january! I don't know what to think about that or even if has been mentioned elsewhere on the forum...Would be great if it was true but i don't see it =/

Apparently it has been announced on KROQ and Kerrang Radio that the album will be released in january! I don't know what to think about that or even if has been mentioned elsewhere on the forum...Would be great if it was true but i don't see it =/

Yeah I don't see it either. The band likes to do fun surprising things like these shows and FBHT but surprise things don't make money. When it comes to a major album release the label is going to want to make money from it, and that means promoting it in advance so lots of people know about it and buy it.

No i know. I think KROQ and Kerrang got my hopes up a little :/ I have heard they are pretty far along with it though!

How far in advance is the shortest amount of time a record company would announce a release date? (In terms of sufficient promotional and anticipation time) Just so I can say to myself, "OK, it's January and nothing's been announced, so if they announce it tomorrow, the soonest it's likely to come out is ________ " ... is 3 months sufficient? Less? More? I can't remember what band I saw (pretty big) that already has an album announced to come out a year from now.

January is like, three weeks away. I think we'd know if an album was coming out XD

Right, now I'm almost freaking out.

Seriously, after all these years I can't doubt about such a thing coming from them. It would be fucking awesome, but that's ok if it doesn't come out in January but in another time of 2012. *hopes*

I don't think it'll come out in January. As much as I would love it to, I just don't see it. They haven't even released a lead-off single yet. I remember they released KYE what? 3 weeks before 21CB came out?

Am I the only person that just wants to let this happen ? If they want to announce something they'll do it, if they don't they won't. It'll be ready when it's ready.

As much as I would like to think that it is coming out in January, I just don't think it is very probable. I remember in 2008 we got those banners that said "Green Day coming 2009" and the album was still five months away.

I just think that they would want to do more promotion before the album comes out. Normally singles come out like a month before the album so my expert guess would be that we will get an announcement for the album in January-early Feb. 1st single in mid march-early april and then the album out in late april-early may. But hey...what do I know?

I'm hoping for them to tour sometime in the spring/summer. My dad promised to take me to a concert so I'm excited! I love what I've heard from the secret shows and I'm excited to hear what comes next :)

Whenever it happens, I'd like some notice...need to get my finances in order for a new album cycle.

This is all very interesting, very interesting indeed. I'm not sure what to make of the Larry comment and what KROQ and Kerrang have said. I'd like to think it'll come out soon, but January sounds too soon. Maybe they meant that there will be an official announcement in January? I don't know... :ermm:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that there'll be an announcement next Thursday, December 15. It sounds like a nice date... :/Random speculation :lol:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that there'll be an announcement next Thursday, December 15. It sounds like a nice date... :/Random speculation :lol:

That would be awesome! I'm feeling like they'll go to Toronto for the opening of the musical and announce it at either opening night or the new years show.

That would be awesome! I'm feeling like they'll go to Toronto for the opening of the musical and announce it at either opening night or the new years show.

Actually, that does sorta make sense, when you think about it. One of the Idiot cast members who blogs said that they got an e-mail from Billie Joe that said that he would be seeing them sooner than later. I think your theory has some considerable weight to it. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed! :D

Actually, that does sorta make sense, when you think about it. One of the Idiot cast members who blogs said that they got an e-mail from Billie Joe that said that he would be seeing them sooner than later. I think your theory has some considerable weight to it. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed! :D

yea me too, i hope it happens because it would be really soon and a great start to 2012

and it would be in my city

yea me too, i hope it happens because it would be really soon and a great start to 2012

and it would be in my city

You live in Toronto? That's awesome. I went there for the first time over the summer. It's a great city. :D

But yes, that would be an amazing start to 2012, a year that already promises to be good for me. :happy:

I don't care how they announce it, or even when. I know what it was like in late 2008 with the "coming 2009" stuff on their site, the AP magazine article which a lot of info about the new record and a release date in "spring", things like that. Then in early 2009 of course the GD sizzle video, more interviews in magazines like Q, the album name and release date mentioned at the Grammy's, cover art and song teasers in February as well. Secret shows, album release and then the tour.. Right now there's none of that. So whenever we get to hear more about things like that.. I can't wait! :D

But hey, did anyone actually listen to Kroq or Kerrang saying that? It's kinda strange if their websites didn't post anything so far.

ps: what if they announce something in that metallica's video set to tomorrow? just a guess since there's a picture of them in studio along the article :ermm:

That's really strange that they would say something like that :ermm: I'm going to take it with a grain of salt, but I suppose there's always a tiny possibility that it could be true. Maybe Green Day is just pulling a Radiohead with this album :lol:

Maybe they're just gonna drop it with no fuss. :)

That would just be perfect. If it was a surprise like that, we wouldn't have the agony of waiting for the release date. :happy:

Maybe they're just gonna drop it with no fuss. :)

I was thinking that same thing, Angeline. Wouldn't it be fun if they did it like they gave us Stop, Drop, and Roll. Talk about chaotic and exciting!

Archived