The Trilogy Albums

Undómiel

I hope they give the album a name that isn't also the name of a song. Even though it's sometimes appropriate to do that it's never gonna be as interesting as having a different name.

I'd like that too, it would be just like in the old times :lol: they used to have kickass titles for albums back in the 90s. Not that American Idiot, Warning and 21stCB aren't good titles, just I like much more those old ones.

'Carpe Diem' for the album title sounds too pretentious and Coldplay ish XD

Not quite as bad as 'Mylo Xyloto' but I see your point. Although, the first time I heard 21st Century Breakdown I thought it was a little pretentious too. Like "So these guys think they can just sum up the 21st Century for all of us idiots?" (Pretty much, they do!)

It's never been clear to me if "Breakdown" is meant to mean "an explanation" (like they're breaking it down for all of us) or "a crisis"... they talk about the crisis aspect, but I'm not totally convinced :ermm:

I always think of it as Breakdown as in 'breaking down', breaking down due to the mass hysteria of the modern world ("I think I'm losing what's left of my mind . .")

Yeah I always thought 21st Century Breakdown was about a Breakdown in society or it could also be seen as a personal breakdown of an individual due to the pressures of society. I can't see it being Green Day explaining the 21st Century to us.

I think The End would be perfect name. the last GD album

Talking about a last Green Day album on here.. :thumbsdown:

if there were to be a last Green Day album it would be called Apocalypse because thats exactly what would happening to the world

I posted Carpe Diem instrumental cover!

Enjoy :dance:

I'm a fan of your covers and this is quite nice.

You should post the tabs . . . . please?

I hope they give the album a name that isn't also the name of a song. Even though it's sometimes appropriate to do that it's never gonna be as interesting as having a different name.

Maybe they will go back to the "shit theme" and name the new album Flush! or Atomic Plunger.

I can only dream. :rolleyes:

Completely agree with you there.

Also just a thought, I hope they produce a vinyl version of their new album.

Maybe they will go back to the "shit theme" and name the new album Flush! or Atomic Plunger.

I can only dream. :rolleyes:

Crap Diem. :D

:lol: I must say though they might've had a lot of song-title-album-titles in recent years but they definitely made up for that with 'Awesome As Fuck'. Pretty much the best title ever!

For those who didn't see, I heard at the club in Austin last week that they're just finishing the album up now, so a release next year looks very likely. I think that's almost quite obvious now.

Bear in mind that wasn't from a direct source though.

For those who didn't see, I heard at the club in Austin last week that they're just finishing the album up now, so a release next year looks very likely. I think that's almost quite obvious now.

If it's true, it's awesome.

I want the name to be something like 1039 smoothed out slappy hours. :D

But that was a compilation of multiple names of other releases. It wouldn't make any sense to have one like that for this album, because there's nothing to combine anymore.

You mean there nearly finished the recording process??

I really didn't think they were that far along.

But that was a compilation of multiple names of other releases. It wouldn't make any sense to have one like that for this album, because there's nothing to combine anymore.

They could make some kind of crazy long psychedelic name to go with the 60s influenced sound. Combine bits of the song titles into one long name or something :P

We should start a petition to have them name their next album "Carpet Diet".

We got the "Awesome As Fuck" bill through. Why not?

We should start a petition to have them name their next album "Carpet Diet".

Start a poll on GDA.

Maybe Billie Joe will see it and have a laugh.

Who said that Tony?

I hope its true. Nothing beats the excitement of knowing a GD album is gonna be released soon :woot:

Start a poll on GDA.

Maybe Billie Joe will see it and have a laugh.

YES.

Who said that Tony?

I hope its true. Nothing beats the excitement of knowing a GD album is gonna be released soon :woot:

YES.

It was someone who said they talked to one of the crew. As i said, not direct, so i'm just taking it at face value.

I'm loving all the potential titles, guys. :lol: While it seems strange that a new album is imminent, I can't help but get my hopes up because it's so exciting that thebestbandintheworldismakingmoremusic!

:woot:

Archived