The Trilogy Albums

Undómiel

The new album is gonna be released at the end of 2011/spring 2012. Mark my words.

I don't think that's very realistic. Just wondering, why do you think this?

With 21CB coming out in spring 2009, we had news about the songs/album around this time in 2008. But now we know nothing except that they're playing new songs live at a few small shows.

Even though it'd be so awesome if the release date was somewhere in summer 2012, I'm guessing it's more realistic to think fall 2012 or early 2013. 21/12/2012 or 03/03/2013 would be hilarious :lol:

And I don't care what the next album will be/sound like. I already know one thing: it's Green Day. That's all that matters to me. It's going to be awesome.

And I don't care what the next album will be/sound like. I already know one thing: it's Green Day. That's all that matters to me. It's going to be awesome.

This.

The new album is gonna be released at the end of 2011/spring 2012. Mark my words.

As much as id like that i think it will be well into 2012 when it comes out, but i think it will be announced or some kind of news in the near future :). And like everyones said i love the direction its going, i really want them to include Amy im in love with that song.

i'm sure when they bring out that album next year, Amy will be on it, cos everyone loves that song and GD even postet the lyrics for it ;) ...but when that album comes out later...e.g. in 2013 i doubt that Amy will be on the album, cos it's written for Amy Winehouse and she died in 2011, i don't think that they bring out a tribute song on an album 2 years later...

i also don't think that it will come out in 2011 :lol: except they wanna try something new and don't let the people know before it comes out :lol: (maybe cos they think it's funny :lol:) but yeah as i said: i really doubt that

aaaww i'm sure their next album will be great !!...i mean it's Green Day !!! and when did they release an album that was pure shit?? never.

:lol:

The new article on their website suggests their doing another HLAHG thing for this album... ? Although the article does say that Thursday's show was the "second secret show"... WRONG.

Official announcement next spring, then a summer single, album out in the fall.

Seems realistic and optimistic at the same time, right?

isn't the AI movie supposed to come out in 2013? i doubt they'll release a cd and a movie the same year.

I think the album will definatly be recorded in 2012. They've obviously been having fun writing these songs so maybe they plan on having fun recording them too. Didn't Billie say he wanted to record this one in Japan? Recording will most likely be next year, and hopefully released too!

I think that the album won´t come out before summer 2012 :( it would be awesome if the record would come out earlier, but I really doubt that

I think that the album won´t come out before summer 2012 :( it would be awesome if the record would come out earlier, but I really doubt that

Eh. that's less than a year away...not bad. I think it should come out within a year or so. Especially with all the shows they've been playing lately...I can't imagine waiting any longer....that makes 3 years since 21CB. They had enough of a wait between Warning and American Idiot and then 21CB. :P At least that's what I'd like to hope lol

Not gonna be this year...

But still, it's heating up. It's rather clear the boys are up to something. Keep workin hard, Guys!!

I think that's waaaay too soon. I think it's gonna be spring/summer 2012 at the earliest...

Fuck I meant end of 2012/spring 2013. My mistake.

The new article on their website suggests their doing another HLAHG thing for this album... ? Although the article does say that Thursday's show was the "second secret show"... WRONG.

Hopefully we get to see this documentary about the creative process for the new cd, cos if it goes the way of HLAHG id die on the inside. Ive been dying to see HLAHG since it was first announced :(

Even though it'd be so awesome if the release date was somewhere in summer 2012, I'm guessing it's more realistic to think fall 2012 or early 2013. 21/12/2012 or 03/03/2013 would be hilarious :lol:

In the AFI fandom, there's talk of a December 21 2012 release for their ninth studio album as well. If either of these things came true, I would have the best apocalypse ever. :happy:

But we haven't even gotten to see the documentary from two albums ago. :lol: It's exciting that they're contemplating video footage, though I hope its release is more timely.

Dear Green Day, we appreciate the surprise shows and all, but don't you think it's about time you guys get on with it already?

Release an album and tour because I was super mad when I missed the last tour.

Oh and also, I think 2012 is a strong possibility.

Based on the punchy guitar nature of the new songs that we've heard, I'm wondering if Billie Joe has strayed away from his brief foray (that was poetry.) into composing on the piano? He got so into piano work on 21CB, and taught himself how to play, you would think he would keep going. So I'm wondering what role piano will play in the new album! We have no hint of that, but I would like to think that he would want to keep up with it, unless it's something he sees as foreign to the kind of music he wants to write for the new album...

(On a separate note, I still can't believe he's never done any kind of Billy Joel parody at a concert, if only for a brief second, he should go up to a piano and sing a Billy Joel song.)

Based on the punchy guitar nature of the new songs that we've heard, I'm wondering if Billie Joe has strayed away from his brief foray (that was poetry.) into composing on the piano? He got so into piano work on 21CB, and taught himself how to play, you would think he would keep going. So I'm wondering what role piano will play in the new album! We have no hint of that, but I would like to think that he would want to keep up with it, unless it's something he sees as foreign to the kind of music he wants to write for the new album...

(On a separate note, I still can't believe he's never done any kind of Billy Joel parody at a concert, if only for a brief second, he should go up to a piano and sing a Billy Joel song.)

I like your thought, particularly because I'm teaching myself piano at the moment. It's a beautiful instrument and I hope Billie continues to work it into his repertoire. As a guitar player, it really makes you consider music from a vastly different angle. I'd love to see him kick Mr. Freese off the piano for a song and play something himself, with Jason picking up the slack on guitar. That would add an extra hint of magic to the shows.

I've read on Facebook that some italian radios said that the album is coming out 12 or 13 february 2012 but it's not a verified news. I'm pretty sure it's only a rumor, and on internet I can't find anything related!

I've read on Facebook that some italian radios said that the album is coming out 12 or 13 february 2012 but it's not a verified news. I'm pretty sure it's only a rumor, and on internet I can't found anything related!

if thats true i would be very happy because thats 2 days after i would be getting out of basic so i wouldnt be missing much haha :happy:

I've read on Facebook that some italian radios said that the album is coming out 12 or 13 february 2012 but it's not a verified news. I'm pretty sure it's only a rumor, and on internet I can't find anything related!

Doubt it. According to Billie Joe at one of the suprise shows, the album "does not exsist" yet, so I don't see how they can release an album in 3 months. :P

Yeah, I think that from the time of recording, mixing, mastering, naming, manufacturing, and the time it hits the shelf at stores, it'd probably take 6-8 months. Just my guess though.

Archived