The Trilogy Albums

Undómiel

I agree on Danger Days, but what the hell, I hope you're not serious about 21stCB, I think it was their weakest album... I mean, I like it, yet I think it's my least favorite.

It's my joint favourite with Nimrod. I think it's their strongest album, for me they outdid AI with it. All comes down to personal taste though innit.

I'm hoping for a mix of Dookie, Nimrod, American Idiot, and Foxboro Hot Tubs. That would be fan-fucking-tastic.

Exactly what I was thinking. A little dash of Warning wouldn't be bad either. :)

Exactly what I was thinking. A little dash of Warning wouldn't be bad either. :)

That would be an amazing combination!

So.... now that secret shows seems to be coming thick and fast and there's been a couple of public appearances... reckon we're getting close to a new release? or a date being announced?

I'd love to hear a studio version of that song myself!

I agree, that'd be great. But I guess it's a little unlikely that they'll put it on the new album, maybe we can hope for a b-side or something.

It's my joint favourite with Nimrod. I think it's their strongest album, for me they outdid AI with it. All comes down to personal taste though innit.

Yea totally, in the end personal tastes are all that matters, in this case ;)

staying here wondering how the album could be is so annoying, it grows the anxiety for the wait. xD

I wish Green Day get on with it already. At least let us know something. The surprise shows are great, but I'd like to hear them say "We're officially recording the album! Expect it next year!!" or something like that.

I feel it'd be reasonable to say an announcement that they're recording could come within the next couple of months. It's been 2 1/2 years since Breakdown came out, and they're definitely closer to a new album at this point in time than they were 2 1/2 years after Idiot came out. They've got so much new material already, and obviously all the shows are definitely proof of that.

I wish Green Day get on with it already. At least let us know something. The surprise shows are great, but I'd like to hear them say "We're officially recording the album! Expect it next year!!" or something like that.

Or even to hear them say "We're not recording an album right now" would be more productive and hopefully shut us up for a while :happy:

Or even to hear them say "We're not recording an album right now" would be more productive and hopefully shut us up for a while :happy:

So true :lol: I would like them to say something about this albuuuum!! I'm sure it's gonna be so freaking awesome >.<

OK so the Rolling Stone review of the Webster show said that Billie said the album technically does not exist yet. Did he announce this to the crowd or was their some actual journalistic inquiry happening on RS's part? Or was that simply saying "They haven't released a new album yet, but they're playing the songs anyway!"

OK so the Rolling Stone review of the Webster show said that Billie said the album technically does not exist yet. Did he announce this to the crowd or was their some actual journalistic inquiry happening on RS's part? Or was that simply saying "They haven't released a new album yet, but they're playing the songs anyway!"

I'm pretty sure they were just going on what he said on stage. In which case I wouldn't take it very seriously haha.

it´s a good thing that they play some surprise shows :) but I really hope they will release soon ANY details about the new record. don´t matter if they are good or bad. they just should release anything, please!!! :runaround:

I'm pretty sure they were just going on what he said on stage. In which case I wouldn't take it very seriously haha.

But its been posted on greenday.com as well =/

I think the guys are waiting and weeding out all the songs they feel arent the strongest and making changes etc, i dont think it will be too long till theres some kind of announcement. at least we know new songs exist and arent in the total dark this time.

But its been posted on greenday.com as well =/

Yeah, during the show Billie said the album doesn't exist yet. Rolling Stone reported that he'd said it without indicating whether it was a joke or not. But from the way people who were at the show said it it clearly was a joke/half joke/messing around - not a serious statement. Greenday.com has just posted the Rolling Stone article like they always post Green Day articles that come out.

Yeah, during the show Billie said the album doesn't exist yet. Rolling Stone reported that he'd said it without indicating whether it was a joke or not. But from the way people who were at the show said it it clearly was a joke/half joke/messing around - not a serious statement. Greenday.com has just posted the Rolling Stone article like they always post Green Day articles that come out.

Oh ok, ya that makes sense :)

Really wish they'd give us some indication of where they're at with the follow up to 21st CB.

I'm not worried with that statement... the new album does not exist yet, alright, but that doesn't mean they can't go to the studio tomorrow and start recording it :lol:

In all seriousness now, I'm really excited about the new album. Their new material (well, the material that we know, anyway) is amazing! I really like where they're going musically :)

The new album is gonna be released at the end of 2011/spring 2012. Mark my words.

I'll seriously love you forever if you are right.

The new album is gonna be released at the end of 2011/spring 2012. Mark my words.

I dunno. That's really soon...

It is the end of 2011, and if spring 2012 was happening, we'd have had an announcement by now. I don't see it happening any earlier than fall of 2012 at the soonest, and probably not until sometime in 2013.

Yeah I agree with this, I really don't see Green Day putting a new album out late this year, it'd be really short notice....

I think that's waaaay too soon. I think it's gonna be spring/summer 2012 at the earliest...

It is the end of 2011, and if spring 2012 was happening, we'd have had an announcement by now. I don't see it happening any earlier than fall of 2012 at the soonest, and probably not until sometime in 2013.

pessimist :dry:

Archived