The Trilogy Albums

Undómiel

I just wouldn't care because I've never seen them live, and I really want/need to see them. :P

Yeah you do. :P

You will be blown away.

The talk of Danger Days is freaking me out. I oy listened to it for the first time on Sunday and then everyone suddenly started banging on about it. Spooky.

Anyway, the day Green Day become a 'heritage' band will be a very sad one indeed. I don't see why they can't keep innovating anyway - Radiohead & Bjork are older and they're still banging stuff out.

Yeah you do. :P

You will be blown away.

I already have high hopes, but knowing Green Day, they will exceed them. :)

I will say this about Danger Days. Regardless of how you feel about My Chemical Romance, the degree of which they have reinvented themselves is remarkable. No matter what you thought about them being "phony emo bastards," you can't call them that anymore. Not only did they stop being dark and mournful. They became bright and colourful, in a near seamless way. They don't seem like poseurs. In fact, they invented their own type of music with Danger Days.

Many of you have been critical of Danger Days. Say what you will. But every teenage outcast and their Mom has that album. Green Day actually decreased their fan base with 21st Century Breakdown. So, while I love Green Day more than MCR, I contend that MCR's last work was more ambitious than 21st Century Breakdown. I have nothing against Breakdown. In fact, I love almost all the songs on that album. But from the perspective of a fan, I give major Kudos to MCR for being innovative. :)

I will say this about Danger Days. Regardless of how you feel about My Chemical Romance, the degree of which they have reinvented themselves is remarkable. No matter what you thought about them being "phony emo bastards," you can't call them that anymore. Not only did they stop being dark and mournful. They became bright and colourful, in a near seamless way. They don't seem like poseurs. In fact, they invented their own type of music with Danger Days.

Many of you have been critical of Danger Days. Say what you will. But every teenage outcast and their Mom has that album. Green Day actually decreased their fan base with 21st Century Breakdown. So, while I love Green Day more than MCR, I contend that MCR's last work was more ambitious than 21st Century Breakdown. I have nothing against Breakdown. In fact, I love almost all the songs on that album. But from the perspective of a fan, I give major Kudos to MCR for being innovative. :)

I agree. By saying that it wasn't my favorite album of theirs, people thought I ment to say it sucked. Which is not true in anyway. Danger Days was my first MCR album, and I'm proud of it. :)

Just because Green Day doesn't plan on trying to recreate American Idiot a third time doesn't mean this slbum is gonna be any less ambitious than 21st Century Breakdown. A song like 'Stay The Night' is way more ambitious than anything on that album. Its very basic, it doesn't need a string section or piano to create a feeling or mood it just is what it is and gives chills. That's how I know this album is gonna be maximum Green Day all the way. This will probably be the album where the lyrics are just ridiculously strong but without some kind of political back story.

I'm just looking forward to the day when this thread can be renamed as "----------" - THE NEW GREEN DAY ALBUM and everyone can go talk about what's actually on the album.

I'm just looking forward to the day when this thread can be renamed as "----------" - THE NEW GREEN DAY ALBUM and everyone can go talk about what's actually on the album.

Same here. :)

+1000

I'm looking forward to the day a thread is made saying "GREEN DAY IS NOW OFFICIALLY RECORDING THE NEW ALBUM!". I hope Billie reveals at least something about the progress in his interview this Friday.

On the point about Green Day being a "heritage band", or whatever other term is used for a band that mainly plays older songs and does an album as an excuse to tour...

I'm a fairly big Poison fan (yes, I fully expect to be laughed at for that, but screw it... I like 'em), but I'm not into their newer stuff at all. In fact, if they didn't write a single song after Flesh & Blood (the album with "Unskinny Bop" on it... so you know it's been a long time) I would be just fine.

But at the same time I find 21st Century Breakdown to be incredible. And after watching Awesome as Fuck again last night, the songs from 21CB are better live than most of their pre-American Idiot songs. And with each new album this band seems to get new fans. It's not like all of their shows are full of 30-something people, who were in high school when Dookie came out. So my worry doesn't lie in GD becoming a "heritage band", but rather the opposite... that as some fans get older they will not be as interested. As a 33 year old I honestly feel like I'm well above the median age of fans at the show.

I feel like we're going a little overboard here with the speculation...but that's to be expected :P

Green Day will put out an album that they want to put out. If we've learned anything about them, it'll be something they're confident in releasing. I can't see any of them being comfortable releasing an album that is effortless.

It'll most likely be different from 21CB, but that's not saying it'll be less great or without that Green Day heart. Let's just let the album come out.

I hope Billie reveals at least something about the progress in his interview this Friday.

I'm hoping for the same thing.

We'll just have to wait and see. :)

EDIT: 500th post. I'm a Supermodel Robot! Hell yeah! :D

I feel like we're going a little overboard here with the speculation...but that's to be expected :P

Green Day will put out an album that they want to put out. If we've learned anything about them, it'll be something they're confident in releasing. I can't see any of them being comfortable releasing an album that is effortless.

It'll most likely be different from 21CB, but that's not saying it'll be less great or without that Green Day heart. Let's just let the album come out.

Agreed. The reason I'd like the album out soon is mainly for a tour (and not to mention the music itself). I was mad when I didn't get to see the last tour because I got back into Green Day too late. I wonder if this new album will "reinvent" them in some way or another.

I'd love if they put Drama Queen on the new album. That's my new favorite song.

Also, they should put Dreamcatcher, Stay The Night, Minnesota Girl, Olivia, and What About Today on the new album. That would be an amazing with just those songs on the album.

I'd love to hear a studio version of that song myself!

Danger Days is a fucking great album, I love it. I think 21CB and Danger Days are two different perspectives on a place in time - the one is fearful, the other is full-on plunging in and coming out hopeful and defiant and fuckit, having fun with it.

I kind of hope they back off with the storyline thing on the next album. I mean, obviously, I wouldn't complain if it were another concept record, because it's Green Day and it'll be amazing NMW, but I'd really prefer to see them just write a fuckload of songs and throw them onto a CD - just have fun with it.

I also think it would be AMAZING if they recorded It's Fuck Time and released it as a B-Side or something...even though I'm pretty positive that won't happen. :P

I kind of hope they back off with the storyline thing on the next album. I mean, obviously, I wouldn't complain if it were another concept record, because it's Green Day and it'll be amazing NMW, but I'd really prefer to see them just write a fuckload of songs and throw them onto a CD - just have fun with it.

I also think it would be AMAZING if they recorded It's Fuck Time and released it as a B-Side or something...even though I'm pretty positive that won't happen. :P

Well, I hope they actually take time to make sure the songs they put on the album are their best work. I'd rather have a 8 song album with amazing songs, than a 20 song album that isn't that creative.

And I'm praying that they maybe release It's Fuck Time as a "hidden track". (Y'know how some artists do that?)

im hoping to god that the new album doesnt sound Foxboro Hot Tubs-ish cause thats the vibe i got with the Tiki Bar songs. i thought it was cool and all but i was really excited when they debuted songs like "Stay The Night". That sounded like a cool different Green Day to me. not saying that i dont want them to change, bands always get new influences and change their sound a bit but like, i just want them to sound like Green Day and not a Hot Tubs. thats what THAT band is for.

danger days is mcr's best album IMO, so was 21st century breakdown.

I agree on Danger Days, but what the hell, I hope you're not serious about 21stCB, I think it was their weakest album... I mean, I like it, yet I think it's my least favorite.

I can't help but get the feeling that this album will have a massive sound to it but will have simple songs. Nothing grand-e-oso (or however that's spelled) like some tracks on 21st Century Breakdown.

I'm hoping for a mix of Dookie, Nimrod, American Idiot, and Foxboro Hot Tubs. That would be fan-fucking-tastic.

i want to hear something new so hard. i'd the new album sound like Nimrod/Dookiee/A.I/Stop drop and roll just like Matt. this're my favorite album...but also with somethng new i mean in 21stCB we have the piano and a different way to sing. i love thing like that!

Now I think we'll have to wait a (huge) bit.

I'd love to hear a studio version of that song myself!

I second/third this

I agree on Danger Days, but what the hell, I hope you're not serious about 21stCB, I think it was their weakest album... I mean, I like it, yet I think it's my least favorite.

well, i just really like the spirit of 21CB. The music is also so... memorable. idk, that album is like an adventure.

Archived