The Trilogy Albums

Undómiel

Not to mention Like A Rat Does Cheese :lol:

It's not so much that it's too dirty for Green Day, it's just that it's such a Foxboro sounding song. It's got the Foxies vibe not the Green Day vibe so I can't really imagine them releasing it as Green Day.

Agreed :)

The more I listen to Stray Heart and Stay the Night, even Last Gang in Town, the more I think they sound similar to C&V. I'm not saying they're putting out old C&V album unreleased songs, but I do think that's the sound and I LOVE it. It's how I felt about Hearts Collide.

I really really really really want Dreamcatcher to be put out. You have no idea. Love it way more than all these other awesome new songs.

This album is gonna kick ass, way better that 21st Century Breakdown. The songs I've heard so far are the best Green Day songs I've heard in years and they've just been shitty cell phone recordings and the such. However, it all depends on if they plan on releasing it sometime in the near future or if they're going to keep writing songs for years to come and totally overthink it like they did with 21CB.

This album is gonna kick ass, way better that 21st Century Breakdown. The songs I've heard so far are the best Green Day songs I've heard in years and they've just been shitty cell phone recordings and the such. However, it all depends on if they plan on releasing it sometime in the near future or if they're going to keep writing songs for years to come and totally overthink it like they did with 21CB.

'Yeah, it'd be a dead shame if they scrapped all these bomb-ass songs and tried to do something "ambitious" :killme: What a hackneyed term.

I'm hopeful that they won't, though.

Yeah, I think they "over-thought" 21CB. Sure, I give them props for wanting to make sure everything was right, but how long did it take to write AI? I don't think very long at all and look at it.... one of the best albums of all time.

I think it's because there was so much pressue from AI ---> 21st CB, because they're created such an awesome album there was that need to try and replicate it. I think this time that the pressure is not quite as burdening. Maybe.

21st CB is fabulous and was worth the wait, just saying :P

Oui oui!

Although it was a very long wait...

The cool thing about the will ferrel thing is I can't imagine them playing a song of 21st century breakdown now so maby.... Just mYbe new telivised song :o

I think it would be epic if they recorded this album live in the studio rather than overdubbing or w/ever

I sure hope they release this album before "koolkev" hits puberty, that gives us a time frame of at least 3 years . . . . . . . . . :P

I hope we see/hear something at this Will Ferrell thing.

In terms of Green Days current relevance, I believe it has declined. A comparison I would make would be to the new Blink album. Fans waited for it for 8 years and the week its released, in the record store I bought it in (HMV probably Ireland and Englands biggest CD/DVD store chain) the album was tucked away at the back while rap and dance dominated the front and new releases section. I believe Green Days new album could suffer a similar fate =/

I think Green Day can have a huge publicized release if it's done right. ... I think a better comparison will be to see how the new Coldplay album is sold (I hear it's coming out next month)

I don't expect anything new at the Ferrell thing. I'm not sure how the ceremony works but if it involves WF participating in the song, it's gonna be something old that he already knows...

I don't think publicity is important - everyone has publicity now, it's a devalued currency. Whatever Green Day produce next is already awaited and already loved by those who appreciate what they do, and it will find the people who are right now searching for it. And it will fucking rock!!! :)

I don't think publicity is important - everyone has publicity now, it's a devalued currency. Whatever Green Day produce next is already awaited and already loved by those who appreciate what they do, and it will find the people who are right now searching for it. And it will fucking rock!!! :)

Your way with words is sublime; you hold my admiration! The ninth album is still a work in progress, yet it's already loved by fans everywhere. It must be encouraging for the band to know that they've captivated the interest of so many people, but on the other hand it adds even more pressure to an already stressful process.

Your way with words is sublime; you hold my admiration! The ninth album is still a work in progress, yet it's already loved by fans everywhere. It must be encouraging for the band to know that they've captivated the interest of so many people, but on the other hand it adds even more pressure to an already stressful process.

Thanx so much. :) I don't feel like Green Day are stressing about the next album - I feel like they're at that really good place where the only pressure is to produce something that's good on its own terms.

I think they could announce details on new album earlier next year and release it late 2012

I think they could announce details on new album earlier next year and release it late 2012

I agree. Seems very logical and possible to me. Hopefully you're right.. :thumbsup:

I agree with you! At this point I don't think publicity should matter to them or to us fans.

It's too dirty to be a Green Day song - they've never done anything like that

They've never done anything like that? I'm sorry, when did Dominated Love Slave and Blood Sex and Booze stop being Green Day songs?

I just can't see fuck time being a green day song. I can only see it as a tubbies song.

I just can't see fuck time being a green day song. I can only see it as a tubbies song.

I agree. It kind of screams I'm a Tubbies song. :lol:

I agree. It kind of screams I'm a Tubbies song. :lol:

That's it. I really can't imagine this song being on a Green Day album.

Me too.

Maybe on the album it will say "It's Fuck Time (feat. Foxborro Hottubs)"

I would crack up if they did that. :lol:

They've never done anything like that? I'm sorry, when did Dominated Love Slave and Blood Sex and Booze stop being Green Day songs?

Yes, they've never done anything like It's Fuck Time. You cannot group DLS and BSB with It's Fuck Time

Archived