The Trilogy Albums

Undómiel

I wouldn't be surprised if we started hearing more about the album within the next few months, like a producer or if they're going to go into the studio and record more than just demos. Two secret Green Day shows in as many months with a lot of the same songs can only be a good sign that things are progressing with the album.

But I still think the album's going to be out sometime in the second half of next year. I can just feel it.

Based on everything I've heard, I'm gonna guess early or mid 2012.

Ha. Sorry, I was just looked back at the first page of this thread and this was something Matt said.... seems pretty damn accurate (or certainly the way things are headed). Then everyone proceeded to tell him not be daft and that it wouldn't be out until at least 2031 because Billie Joe had a calendar that needed to be adhered to.... :/

So after the second secret show in as many months last night, when do we realistically think there's gonna be a new album surfacing?

I'm thinking May 2012, that's 3 years after 21st CB. I really hope I'm right, it would be awesome to have a new album by next summer!

I'm thinking May 2012, that's 3 years after 21st CB. I really hope I'm right, it would be awesome to have a new album by the summer!

Yes! European Summer tour?? :D

Or maybe fall tour? Either way, it would be fantastic!

I'd prefer summer because the fall will be my first term at Uni... and I might not be able to go to the 2,850,348,420,948 shows that I plan too...

I'd prefer summer because the fall will be my first term at Uni... and I might not be able to go to the 2,850,348,420,948 shows that I plan too...

Yeah me too, in the summer it would be a lot easier to go to more shows! Fingers crossed!

I'm thinking May 2012, that's 3 years after 21st CB. I really hope I'm right, it would be awesome to have a new album by next summer!

Im hoping :D, sooner rather than later for me, the wait between AI and 21CB nearly killed me, Nimrod to Warning is a much more reasonable wait for an impatient person like me.

The guys are so unsensitive,they don't let us know anything about this next album...I'm freaking out to knooowww :runaround: (ok,I stay quiet)

Let's examine the evidence...

Motive: clearly very high, they're very enthusiastic about the new songs, so much so, they've played them in public, twice. They are clearly in GD mode, any talk of side projects appears largely irrelevant at the moment. High energy, tonnes of fun. All good.

Means: they have enough new songs for an album, BJ has been writing consistently all year and at least a little during the tour, the process appears to be songs flowing out of him, rather than them being dragged out in a desperate search for inspiration. All good news.

Opportunity: unfortunately, we know nothing about what has or has not been recorded, making the timeline difficult to gauge. I agree with the notion that if they were a decent way into the recording that we would have heard talk of producers (please, Rob) or industry related articles. Also, must note that we have previously heard the recording process beginning to end can take upwards of a year.

Bottom line: 2012 would be great. 2013 - still a possibility.

Wildcard: Green Day always manage to surprise me!

I really hope that they don't tour in autumn/winter of 2012 when LTJ is touring because that would SUCK.

Anyone thinks they might have in mind to put Cigarettes and Valentines in the album? By now they played it so many times live that I hope they will, just to have a studio version to listen to :P

Anyone thinks they might have in mind to put Cigarettes and Valentines in the album? By now they played it so many times live that I hope they will, just to have a studio version to listen to :P

I doubt they will. At most I reckon it'll be a B-side of a single. But even that I'm not convinced...

I dunno, I feel like they kind of made it an Awesome As Fuck song. Making a video for it, using it in trailers for the album, and saying "Brand new track ( :lol:) Cigarettes And Valentines" on the CD case. Seems like since it was the only 'new' song on the album they made it THE song of the album. I'd love to hear a studio version of it but I'm not sure if they've already kind of used it up on AAF too much to put it on a studio album.

I dunno, I feel like they kind of made it an Awesome As Fuck song. Making a video for it, using it in trailers for the album, and saying "Brand new track ( :lol:) Cigarettes And Valentines" on the CD case. Seems like since it was the only 'new' song on the album they made it THE song of the album. I'd love to hear a studio version of it but I'm not sure if they've already kind of used it up on AAF too much to put it on a studio album.

Yeah. That's what I thought. It's sort of already "too around" to put on an album. Maybe we could get it as free download :woot:? (lol).

I want a studio version of It's Fuck Time...

Yeah. That's what I thought. It's sort of already "too around" to put on an album. Maybe we could get it as free download :woot:? (lol).

I want a studio version of It's Fuck Time...

Yeah! Or just a b-side. Or they could make Shenanigans 2.

And I SO want a studio version of that. Before the Foxboro album came out, after they'd already given away the first 6 songs free they randomly stuck The Pedestrian and Broadway on their myspace as little surprise gifts. I bet if myspace wasn't dead now they totally would've done that with It's Fuck Time too. They keep playing it so much though, not giving up hope for it yet!

Yeah! Or just a b-side. Or they could make Shenanigans 2.

And I SO want a studio version of that. Before the Foxboro album came out, after they'd already given away the first 6 songs free they randomly stuck The Pedestrian and Broadway on their myspace as little surprise gifts. I bet if myspace wasn't dead now they totally would've done that with It's Fuck Time too. They keep playing it so much though, not giving up hope for it yet!

Yeah, they have played it at the last two shows so... let's not give up hope! Do they have enough B-sides to do a shenanigans 2? I suppose they must have plenty unreleased songs (LIKE DRAMA QUEEN) that they could put out....

Yeah, they have played it at the last two shows so... let's not give up hope! Do they have enough B-sides to do a shenanigans 2? I suppose they must have plenty unreleased songs (LIKE DRAMA QUEEN) that they could put out....

There's a fair amount I think, all the AI and 21st CB ones. Throw in a generous amount of unreleased songs and it'd be fine :D. I do wonder why they didn't release Drama Queen as a b-side, maybe they want some unreleased ones up their sleeve for if/when they decide to release something like that.

Do you think there's a chance It's Fuck Time is becoming a Green Day song?? I know at Tiki bar they announced it as a Tubbies cover, right? Do you think there's a chance they actually want to put that on the new GD album?

Do you think there's a chance It's Fuck Time is becoming a Green Day song?? I know at Tiki bar they announced it as a Tubbies cover, right? Do you think there's a chance they actually want to put that on the new GD album?

I don't know... I mean I wouldn't mind it coming as a Tubbies single! I have the live version but I'd like it studio too...

Most of all I'd like to hear it live.

No, I don't think so unfortunately. It's too dirty to be a Green Day song - they've never done anything like that and from what I've heard of the new material, nothing will be like that. It's just not Green Day's "cup of tea." (though that makes it sound like they are 'Green Day' instead of Billie, Mike, and Tré - if that makes sense :unsure: )

It's screaming Foxboro Hot Tubs. Definitely a single from them (though, hoping for an entire new album).

It's too dirty to be a Green Day song.

This just made me giggle for some reason.

I hope we see it some shape or form, because the only version I've got is the Bowery Electric version (I think) and it's not great quality... :/

I was trying to assess myself whether It's Fuck Time would be considered too raunchy for Green Day. I guess DLS is the farthest they'd go.

Too dirty for Green Day?? There is nothing too dirty for Green Day. I can't believe my eyes. I don't think it's going to be on the album, but I think that if they wanted to release "It's Fuck Time" as Green Day, they wouldn't hesitate for a second. They write the songs that they want to write. And they don't give a fuck who is offended.

Archived