The Trilogy Albums

Undómiel

They were rumored to be living in SoCal? If it is true, then I don't see why they wouldn't start the actual recording.

I'm pretty sure they're just working on songs in the CM studio. I don't think they're actually starting to record the album.

We have two people in this topic saying they have heard from sources inside the band that they are in the studio. Probably recording.

outside of the tiki bar during soundcheck i was talking to the man in charge of protecting the band (and learned he was once in charge of protecting president obama which is pretty cool). he said that green day moved down south for the summer to record the new album. they were getting drunk at the tiki bar one night and randomly told the staff that they wanted to play a show there and for them to make it happen.

According to Jimmy, who talked with Kenny (Tre's drum tech) at the EA show last night, they've been "working hard in the studio for 'the next epic thing.'"

I'm pretty sure they're just working on songs in the CM studio. I don't think they're actually starting to record the album.

What makes you say that? They live in the Bay Area in northern California. If they just wanted to do demos and rehearse, I figured that they would just go to local studios and not go and live down in SoCal for the summer just to rehearse and demo music. Although it's only speculation, a new album in 2012 does sound promising.

What makes you say that? They live in the Bay Area in northern California. If they just wanted to do demos and rehearse, I figured that they would just go to local studios and not go and live down in SoCal for the summer just to rehearse and demo music. Although it's only speculation, a new album in 2012 does sound promising.

Then again, they didn't come down just for that, they (atleast billie + family) also came for vacations, like most of the summers. But as the person who commented above you, they might be recording. And if they are, then yay.

But they're always recording, doesn't mean a new album will be out anytime soon. I mean, it might come ot in late 2013 cause we know how they are. Or did you forget?

But they're always recording, doesn't mean a new album will be out anytime soon. I mean, it might come ot in late 2013 cause we know how they are. Or did you forget?

plus, there's still a chance billie might do st. Jimmy in the movie. That takes time...

I'm guessing the first half of 2012 as well. A while ago, I thought late '11 would have been optimistic but not impossible, but now there's Awesome as Fuck for 2011, so I'm really hoping for an early 2012 release.

would be ideal. that gap between BIAB and 21CBD was brutal though...i'm hoping we don't have to go through that again. although there was the tubbies :) maybe a new side project will even emerge? plus AI is going on tour :D

plus, there's still a chance billie might do st. Jimmy in the movie. That takes time...

That's what I think too. If he does it, I don't think the new album will come out that fast.

But in general the new album thing is something I don't feel very certain with. I mean, when it will come out and everything.

My feeling somehow says in the end of 2012 or in the beginning of 2013. But that's just my feeling.. so.. well.. :rolleyes:

I think I asked about that in the question and answers thread whether or not Billie joe's role in the AI movie would affect the albums released. One person said that the parts Billie may be filming could be done within 2 months (im sure he was guessing) They could get the album recorded before Billie has to do the movie (provided if he fully commits to it. I don't think he has. Has he?) I just hope we dont have to wait until 2013.

I think I asked about that in the question and answers thread whether or not Billie joe's role in the AI movie would affect the albums released. One person said that the parts Billie may be filming could be done within 2 months (im sure he was guessing) They could get the album recorded before Billie has to do the movie (provided if he fully commits to it. I don't think he has. Has he?) I just hope we dont have to wait until 2013.

I'm not really into movie stuff so I don't know how much time something like that takes.. hopefully not too much. But still we don't even know if he'll do it ;)

I'm not really into movie stuff so I don't know how much time something like that takes.. hopefully not too much. But still we don't even know if he'll do it ;)

Likewise. Billie said on Twitter he was interested in doing it so that makes the chance of it happening go higher. Just something tells me that Green Day may be able to get the album out (or at least fully recorded and mixed) before Billie plays his role (If he fully commits).

Random thought, did they ever actually announce It's Fuck Time being a Foxboro Hot Tubs song? Since it was in that show's setlist of 'new songs' (instead of in the encore with the Ozzy cover and released GD stuff), and since they've played it at Green Day shows before, it might be possible that they include it in their new album? I dunno, it really seems to resemble their new style.

Likewise. Billie said on Twitter he was interested in doing it so that makes the chance of it happening go higher. Just something tells me that Green Day may be able to get the album out (or at least fully recorded and mixed) before Billie plays his role (If he fully commits).

I know. My feeling tells me something similar. Maybe they'll have recorded their album and before it finally will come out, Billie plays his role (if he does..) as you said. That sounds possible at least ;)

Random thought, did they ever actually announce It's Fuck Time being a Foxboro Hot Tubs song? Since it was in that show's setlist of 'new songs' (instead of in the encore with the Ozzy cover and released GD stuff), and since they've played it at Green Day shows before, it might be possible that they include it in their new album? I dunno, it really seems to resemble their new style.

Setlist.fm says that it was played at a Foxboro Hottubs show live first at Don Hill's in New York.

It was played for the first time at a Foxboro show. The reason they wrote it was because during the AI musical they and the cast would all get in a circle and shout "It's fuck time!" before they went on stage. A lot of the musical cast were at that Foxboro show so I guess they made it into a song to amuse them and continue the little tradition.

So the song's linked to both bands but I think it's definitely a Foxboro song, it was written for them to perform and has that 60's sound. When Green Day play it they usually only play a bit of it and/or say they're playing a cover.

I think I'm going to start a sweepstake.... any takers for 2011? hehe.

Nah I think it's gonna be late 2012.

I'll take mid- 2013

Just my two cents on the movie-billie-delaying-album convo, because I am a bit familiar with the whole movie-making process. A blockbuster film would take around 4-5 months to shoot. A small-to-regular budget sized film, as I expect this would be, would take maximum 3 months to shoot, but it could be a 40-day shoot. We don't know how much money they'll have, but if it's anything like I'm guessing, it will be a short shoot and so whoever guessed Billie would only be needed for 2 months is probably right. I don't know if he'd want to be around for the ENTIRE creative process, probably not since he didn't feel he needed to be when the musical was in workshops.

That being said, it's increasingly difficult to finance and put into production ANY movie these days (least of all, a musical), and as far as we know they've only just commissioned a screenwriter. Without even a screenplay yet, this film has no chance of being shot until at least midway into 2012. And they'll be needing to get a larger studio (i.e. Warner Bros, Universal, etc.) to back the production. Tom Hanks' company can't pay for anything on his own, he's just the vehicle to getting more $$. Long story short, (because I AM looking forward to this movie as much as anything, save a new album), I don't think they'll be shooting this for another year yet, if they're lucky. And that's definitely enough time to produce and album.

Just my two cents on the movie-billie-delaying-album convo, because I am a bit familiar with the whole movie-making process. A blockbuster film would take around 4-5 months to shoot. A small-to-regular budget sized film, as I expect this would be, would take maximum 3 months to shoot, but it could be a 40-day shoot. We don't know how much money they'll have, but if it's anything like I'm guessing, it will be a short shoot and so whoever guessed Billie would only be needed for 2 months is probably right. I don't know if he'd want to be around for the ENTIRE creative process, probably not since he didn't feel he needed to be when the musical was in workshops.

That being said, it's increasingly difficult to finance and put into production ANY movie these days (least of all, a musical), and as far as we know they've only just commissioned a screenwriter. Without even a screenplay yet, this film has no chance of being shot until at least midway into 2012. And they'll be needing to get a larger studio (i.e. Warner Bros, Universal, etc.) to back the production. Tom Hanks' company can't pay for anything on his own, he's just the vehicle to getting more $$. Long story short, (because I AM looking forward to this movie as much as anything, save a new album), I don't think they'll be shooting this for another year yet, if they're lucky. And that's definitely enough time to produce and album.

Interesting. I never knew how the movie industry worked because I never really got into it. I say that the album is more likely to come out before the movie. Anyone think so too? The movie is barely in development, so, like you said, it makes sense to say that Green Day would (most likely) have enough time to produce an album in the time frame from now and when the movie could start shooting.

I always thought they might release the movie for American Idiot's 10th anniversary.

Well, the movie or Heart like a Hand Grenade.

I always thought they might release the movie for American Idiot's 10th anniversary.

Well, the movie or Heart like a Hand Grenade.

The AI movie better not mess up the release of HLAHG. (if john was saying the truth that's it's actually gonna be release.) :(

if they are, they are getting too far ahead of themselves.

They're on record as saying they make albums as an excuse to go on tour, not the other way around (that is, phoning it in on tour so they can promote an album). They're not in it for the money (tho I'm sure that doesn't hurt any...!!), they tour because they love being in front of a crowd. So it wouldn't surprise me if they're starting to feel the itch again, especially after how well the Tiki Bar show was received.

Aside from that -- does anybody know if they've even settled on a producer yet? I remember reports from earlier this year where they were starting to meet with prospective producers, but I haven't heard anything about whether they actually decided on who they want to work with this time around. Getting that taken care of would seem to be a very important first step.

They're on record as saying they make albums as an excuse to go on tour, not the other way around (that is, phoning it in on tour so they can promote an album). They're not in it for the money (tho I'm sure that doesn't hurt any...!!), they tour because they love being in front of a crowd. So it wouldn't surprise me if they're starting to feel the itch again, especially after how well the Tiki Bar show was received.

Aside from that -- does anybody know if they've even settled on a producer yet? I remember reports from earlier this year where they were starting to meet with prospective producers, but I haven't heard anything about whether they actually decided on who they want to work with this time around. Getting that taken care of would seem to be a very important first step.

Nah, there's been no word about a producer yet. I think that's why it seems like people are getting a little bit ahead of themselves trying to work out exactly when the album and tour's coming haha.

Although who knows, they might be sneaky about it and get a producer without us knowing and record the album sooner than we think. Or it might be a while yet. Or something in between. Just have to wait and see!

How far in advance of 21CB's release did Butch Vig come on board? I would think it would have to be early on. But, then again, they had pretty much written most of the music, and Butch came in and sorted it out and whatnot.

I think they'd worked with Linda Perry for a while before Butch came along. She ended up not being right for it so they went with Butch instead. No idea when we first found out though ... I know it was an accidental leak by Shirley Manson, though

I think they'd worked with Linda Perry for a while before Butch came along. She ended up not being right for it so they went with Butch instead. No idea when we first found out though ... I know it was an accidental leak by Shirley Manson, though

That's true. We can't forget that Butch being a producer was leaked accidentally. So there's no way we can accurately compare this album's timeline with that of 21stCB. :)

Archived