The Trilogy Albums

Undómiel

Im thinking 21st Century Breakdown was a little stressful on the band being the follow up to American Idiot and all but it seems like they're ready to do something new that doesnt involve pleasing all the American Idiot fans. Im guessing this album is gonna be all the fun of everything Green Day has ever done in 3-4 minute stripped down rock form. It will be mature, well written and not some epic triple rock opera. It will blow minds.

One thing I'm hoping for on the next album is the power that American Idiot has, in terms of sound. That record just has a massive sound to it. On 21st Century Breakdown, it kind of lacks in certain spots. So I hope to see the return of that.

21st Century Breakdown didn't get shit, in my opinion. :(

As for the tour, I want them to tour soon as well! Well obviously, we all do. I'm thinking a tour late 2013. (I'm just guessing.)

I don't really know how long they usually wait after an album, but late 2013? Why? Isn't Blink (for example) touring now? And their album comes out in Sept. I see an album for GD next year, touring soon after

I don't really know how long they usually wait after an album, but late 2013? Why? Isn't Blink (for example) touring now? And their album comes out in Sept. I see an album for GD next year, touring soon after

I think they usually wait around a month and a half before they start touring so they can let everyone have a chance to hear the new album. At least that's what they did with 21st Century Breakdown. I predict that they'll do the same again. Like you, I also believe there is a high possibility for the album to come out next year. I really hope it comes out next year and they start touring so I can go to their concert as part of my 16th birthday. :eyebrows: I also hope that they don't wait an entire year after they release the album to start touring because that would be unreasonable imo. I asked if anyone thought they could release the album next year and wait another year to start touring because I've seen some people say they predicted the tour to start in 2013. I couldn't handle waiting till 2013 though.

Also, does anyone think that at least a year to and year and a half off is enough for the guys in Green Day? I know know one knows for sure because none of us have their mentality of any of them and only they can say whether or not they've had enough down time. Just wondering what everyone else's opinions are.

I like how American Idiot had a stripped down but epic feel to it, 21st Century Breakdown had a very BIG sound that worked for the BIG songs they were recording but I hope if they do decide to go with Butch this time they ditch the stadium thing and do something more along the lines of what he did with Against Me!

It's usually a different process.

With past albums, they started off jamming/demoing in a 880 Studios, or Billie's studio. Once they were ready to master the tracks, as in, record for an album, they went to LA and recorded at Oceanway. They did this with at least the last two albums and probably more before that. That's how they seem to work.

Who knows what they'll do this time but I don't see them changing things. Since we're pretty certain they're not at Oceanway yet, that's how people are sure they're not actually recording.

outside of the tiki bar during soundcheck i was talking to the man in charge of protecting the band (and learned he was once in charge of protecting president obama which is pretty cool). he said that green day moved down south for the summer to record the new album. they were getting drunk at the tiki bar one night and randomly told the staff that they wanted to play a show there and for them to make it happen.

Wait, you're right. They announced the tour months BEFORE 21st CB came out! So if we get a new album in late 2012, tour would be early 2013...

outside of the tiki bar during soundcheck i was talking to the man in charge of protecting the band (and learned he was once in charge of protecting president obama which is pretty cool). he said that green day moved down south for the summer to record the new album. they were getting drunk at the tiki bar one night and randomly told the staff that they wanted to play a show there and for them to make it happen.

Interesting!!

when your on the road your whole life you probly try to get as much time at home as possible, i know i would

Wait, you're right. They announced the tour months BEFORE 21st CB came out! So if we get a new album in late 2012, tour would be early 2013...

I don't think that they would wait till 2013 to start touring (at least I hope not that long). Maybe they could fit in a 1 or 2 month long tour shortly after the album is released In 2012 (provided that it will be released next year).

Got to remember they haven't really had any time off. I wouldn't expect a tour next year, personally.

Got to remember they haven't really had any time off. I wouldn't expect a tour next year, personally.

"Time off" - they don't know what that is

I would assume that they are at home trying to get time off as we speak. I assume that to Green Day "time off" means not going overseas and traveling constantly, but staying home for a long period of time. They probably just go into their local studio space every day to jam on new songs and go back home at the end of the day to spend time with their families. I'm sure they'll have their time off by next year, but then again, I'm not exactly sure. I agree with what bloodsexbooze31 said. When you travel all over the world your whole life, you probably do anything you can to get your time off in. I can't really speak for Green Day, but I would guess (remember just guessing) that a year to a year and a half of downtime and being home with family and friends may be long enough for them. If they release the album next year, I would expect a tour to start within 2-3 months of the release so that they could give everyone a chance to hear the new album and to get all their last minute downtime in before they hit the road.

I would assume that they are at home trying to get time off as we speak. I assume that to Green Day "time off" means not going overseas and traveling constantly, but staying home for a long period of time. They probably just go into their local studio space every day to jam on new songs and go back home at the end of the day to spend time with their families. I'm sure they'll have their time off by next year, but then again, I'm not exactly sure. I agree with what bloodsexbooze31 said. When you travel all over the world your whole life, you probably do anything you can to get your time off in. I can't really speak for Green Day, but I would guess (remember just guessing) that a year to a year and a half of downtime and being home with family and friends may be long enough for them. If they release the album next year, I would expect a tour to start within 2-3 months of the release so that they could give everyone a chance to hear the new album and to get all their last minute downtime in before they hit the road.

Keep in mind that Billie has some time off since the end of April. Actually not that long in my opinion.

Keep in mind that Billie has some time off since the end of April. Actually not that long in my opinion.

He'll get more time off. Trust me. I suspect that once they get the album all recorded and mixed they'll go back home to relax and get more time off in and wait until the album is released. I think nearly 4 months off is pretty good for Billie but obviously not long enough.

hmm I'm actually wondering if touring is even on their minds right now.

hmm I'm actually wondering if touring is even on their minds right now.

if they are, they are getting too far ahead of themselves.

Yeah. I think that will be something to consider once they get the album recorded and "sealed" if you know what I mean.

Well we don't know that, because we don't know how far they are with recording or anything...?

Well we don't know that, because we don't know how far they are with recording or anything...?

What I've heard from people around here is that they haven't started recording yet. So for them to think about a tour now is premature.

What I've heard from people around here is that they haven't started recording yet. So for them to think about a tour now is premature.

According to Jimmy, who talked with Kenny (Tre's drum tech) at the EA show last night, they've been "working hard in the studio for 'the next epic thing.'"

According to Jimmy, who talked with Kenny (Tre's drum tech) at the EA show last night, they've been "working hard in the studio for 'the next epic thing.'"

Sounds good to me.

okwiththiscopy.png

The fact that they're rumored to be basically living in SoCal for the summer makes it sound like they're at least thinking about recording some stuff right now. Wait and see, eh... still, there are many hopeful signs lately from different 'sources'.

The fact that they're rumored to be basically living in SoCal for the summer makes it sound like they're at least thinking about recording some stuff right now. Wait and see, eh... still, there are many hopeful signs lately from different 'sources'.

They were rumored to be living in SoCal? If it is true, then I don't see why they wouldn't start the actual recording.

I guess the new album will release something around in spring 2012, sure not much earlier^^ That kinda sucks but i'm still so fucking looking forward to it!!! To all the new songs the style of the album, what is is gonna be all about and stuff. And of course new world tour!!!!!!!!! :dance: And new interviews will come (i know all of the interviwes by hard xD) and Green Day will be on the TV again and on the radio, i just love it when I switch in the TV/radio and Green Day is on. This doesn't happen quiet often here in Austria. They only play Green Day when they've new stuff (i think that really sucks....)

EXCITED ABOUT THE NEW ALBUM :woot:

They were rumored to be living in SoCal? If it is true, then I don't see why they wouldn't start the actual recording.

Archived