The Trilogy Albums

Undómiel

don't they normally demo songs bj's basement first and maybe bj might produce this album i think he should seeing the great job done an Emily's Army

I doubt he will, but if he was gonna produce it it's likely they'd announce that he was gonna produce it in advance. Basically, this show and the new songs are obviously a good sign but we still really don't know when the album will be out. All they've said they're doing in the studio is writing and jamming so until they say otherwise there's no reason to think they're doing anything more than that.

It's highly unlikely they'll tell us every single thing they're doing, with 21st CB they told us virtually nothing. Be happy if and when they give us updates, and other than that just wait and see!

I doubt he will, but if he was gonna produce it it's likely they'd announce that he was gonna produce it in advance. Basically, this show and the new songs are obviously a good sign but we still really don't know when the album will be out. All they've said they're doing in the studio is writing and jamming so until they say otherwise there's no reason to think they're doing anything more than that.

It's highly unlikely they'll tell us every single thing they're doing, with 21st CB they told us virtually nothing. Be happy if and when they give us updates, and other than that just wait and see!

i understand were your coming from and your probably right or more so than I but i'm just optimistic with everything that's happening

I don't think they're actually recording it yet (at least they haven't said they were). I think right now they're just going into their studio space every day, doing demos, rehearsing new material and deciding what songs could go on the new album. Assuming that they haven't start recording, I predict that they'll start recording later this year or early next year, but I could be dead wrong. :lol: By the way, I really hope that Rob Cavallo produces this one.

I don't get why people (not necessarily you) are so sure they're not recording. They're going into the studio, just not recording?

Yeah, it took them forever to come out of hiding when they were writing 21st CB right? Also one reason I think this one may not take as long as 21st CB did is because Green Day were ambitious and wanted to beat the success of American Idiot. This time I think they just want to focus on writing an album with catchy songs.

I don't get why people (not necessarily you) are so sure they're not recording. They're going into the studio, just not recording?

It's usually a different process.

With past albums, they started off jamming/demoing in a 880 Studios, or Billie's studio. Once they were ready to master the tracks, as in, record for an album, they went to LA and recorded at Oceanway. They did this with at least the last two albums and probably more before that. That's how they seem to work.

Who knows what they'll do this time but I don't see them changing things. Since we're pretty certain they're not at Oceanway yet, that's how people are sure they're not actually recording.

I'm not saying I know for a fact that Green Day isn't recording because I really don't know. I just think that if they were, they'd let us know.

All those new songs got me very excited. It'll probably take a while yet, but since they've already played them live they better be recording them in a studio anytime now. Or it's just my wishful thinking - I could be all wrong and I usually don't want to expect Green Day to wrap it up as fast as this. After all, I see a lot of reasons why they'd let us wait much longer. :sleep: But I want to stay optimistic for now.

They said as recently as yesterday in that message that they're just writing and jamming, if they were recording they would've said they were recording. Having songs written/demoed doesn't mean they're ready to record an album, they were saying they had loads of songs written literally 3 years before 21st CB came out. I'm very hopeful that it'll be much sooner than that this time, but there's simply no evidence that they're recording yet.

It's usually a different process.

With past albums, they started off jamming/demoing in a 880 Studios, or Billie's studio. Once they were ready to master the tracks, as in, record for an album, they went to LA and recorded at Oceanway. They did this with at least the last two albums and probably more before that. That's how they seem to work.

Who knows what they'll do this time but I don't see them changing things. Since we're pretty certain they're not at Oceanway yet, that's how people are sure they're not actually recording.

Oh okay. Anyone know how long they're usually in the studio recording?

Oh okay. Anyone know how long they're usually in the studio recording?

depends it can sometimes be 3 months and sometimes be a year it all depends on how good it's going just look at whats happening with blink 182 making neighbourhoods over a year in studio

I do wonder if Green Day would ever self-produce an album. I think they've really valued Rob and Butch in the past, and they certainly bring valuable insight, but who knows how an album would turn out if they did it alone...

I do wonder if Green Day would ever self-produce an album. I think they've really valued Rob and Butch in the past, and they certainly bring valuable insight, but who knows how an album would turn out if they did it alone...

What insight? I've always wondered what these producers have to do with it

I happened to forget that little tidbit, although that does make sense seeing as they 'brought back' Cavallo for AI. D'oh :blink:

They produced Warning? Didn't know that. It's certainly interesting, though.

They did a good job. Especially with the acoustics in certain songs, like Warning.

Well, I would think there's a reason why they went back to Cavallo after producing Warning on their own.

I really hope he's available to work with them again for the next album!

He's like CEO of Warners Records now isn't he? Not that he thinks he's "above that" but I wonder if he even has time to actually produce...

But the guy's a musician at heart I think, so maybe he'd find a way to get back into it. Or maybe, and this is real head in the clouds idealistic shit---he'll see how his soul has been compromised by his job and return to making art :P

I just can't wait for them to tour again...

I'm hoping for a next year release but so much goes into creating an album. Not just on the creative side but in terms of organisation and promotion. Not that 21st CB got a fat lot of promotion....

I just can't wait for them to tour again...

I'm hoping for a next year release but so much goes into creating an album. Not just on the creative side but in terms of organisation and promotion. Not that 21st CB got a fat lot of promotion....

21st Century Breakdown didn't get shit, in my opinion. :(

As for the tour, I want them to tour soon as well! Well obviously, we all do. I'm thinking a tour late 2013. (I'm just guessing.)

While green day did produce Warning, Rob cavallo was still the executive producer.

He's like CEO of Warners Records now isn't he? Not that he thinks he's "above that" but I wonder if he even has time to .

Thankfully he is still being producing records despite his promotion.

I'm wondering, If Green Day releases the album next year, would they wait another year after the release to start touring it? I keep seeing a lot of people say that they think a tour would start in 2013. :unsure:

Archived