The Trilogy Albums

Undómiel

:dry:

Everyone keeps doing the bloody maths between the albums but seriously, who cares? Just because that's been the pattern up till now doesn't meant that it'll continue. I don't think BJA sits at home having finished a song/album and looks at his calender going "Nope, gotta wait another four years otherwise the sequence will be broken"... :/

I don't think so either. It's not realistic to have a band waiting that long on purpose.

I don't think BJA sits at home having finished a song/album and looks at his calender going "Nope, gotta wait another four years otherwise the sequence will be broken"... :/

Lmfao that just made by laugh way more then it should have!

even if we don't have a 9th studio album coming out soon, we still have KCUF rebel radio, the AI movie, AI on tour and HLAHG to look forward to. plus the guys always do some shows and tv appearances in between albums. :)

:dry:

Everyone keeps doing the bloody maths between the albums but seriously, who cares? Just because that's been the pattern up till now doesn't meant that it'll continue. I don't think BJA sits at home having finished a song/album and looks at his calender going "Nope, gotta wait another four years otherwise the sequence will be broken"... :/

:lol:

I don't think they did it on purpose for the other years too though. :mellow:

But I think a 2013 album would be realistic. I can't see one coming out next year :(

Let's do some calculations.

from 1039/smoothed outt slappy hours (1991)

To kerplunk (1992) = 1 year

From kerplunk (1992)

To dookie (1994) = 2 years

From Dookie (1994)

To insomniac (1995) = 1 year

From insomniac (1995)

To nimrod (1997) = 2 years again

From nimrod (1997)

To warning (2000) = 3 years

From warning (2000)

To American Idiot (2004) = 4 years

From AI (2004)

to 21sr CB (2009) = 5 years

Anyone see the pattern? :mellow:

What if we get one in 2015? :lol:

Yeah I see the pattern. Someone else pointed that out sometime back in the thread. I sure hope it won't be THAT long. Although I think it would be more realistic for Green Day if they waited till then...or even longer. Something tells me that a new album next year is just wishful thinking. From what I read on Bj's twitter, the band doesn't seem all that serious right now about it. I wouldn't be surprised if they waited another 5 years and just did the Foxboro Hot Tubs and other side projects in addition to all that they've been doing lately (Billie possibly starring in the AI movie, etc). I hope I'm proven wrong next year though and they bring out an album next year but like I said, I think it's wishful thinking.

Maybe this is a bit harsh, but ... if they wait another five years to put out an album, they'll all be in their mid forties.

Somehow I don't see them wanting to wait that long ...

Maybe this is a bit harsh, but ... if they wait another five years to put out an album, they'll all be in their mid forties.

Yeah, so? The Rolling Stones are near their 70s and they're still going strong.

Late 2012 would be my guess. I dunno, I doubt they'd release a new album at the same time as the AI movie, and 2014 is a bit too far off (I think anyway :lol: )

My guess would be 2013 after the movie. I think they'd want to clear everything with the movie before going on tour and stuff.

Yeah, so? The Rolling Stones are near their 70s and they're still going strong.

Yeah, but Green Day aren't the Rolling Stones. Nothing to do with how good they still are, but I just don't see them wanting to wait that long to put out another album. Five years is a long time for them to be making an album.

They've waited 4-5 years before to make an album. Why not now? I'd honestly rather have a quality album than a butchered shitty album because they were pressured into releasing it earlier.

I'll wait as long as it will take them to finish it :)

bet they'll have more surprises for us!

My best estimate is late 2012 or early 2013, purely on what Freese told me, Liz and Jaymee.

He was very certain that it wouldn't take anywhere near as long so I'm holding him to his word :lol:

They've waited 4-5 years before to make an album. Why not now? I'd honestly rather have a quality album than a butchered shitty album because they were pressured into releasing it earlier.

It took them 4-5 years to get 21st Century Breakdown out after American Idiot. The guys have claimed that they wanted to get it out sooner than that but I'm still gonna stay skeptical and assume it'll be 5 more years. Although I see what you are saying. That time interval sounds much more reasonable to me than next year or the year after. Seeing as how the guys like taking extra long breaks from Green Day.

My best estimate is late 2012 or early 2013, purely on what Freese told me, Liz and Jaymee.

He was very certain that it wouldn't take anywhere near as long so I'm holding him to his word :lol:

If it ends up being later, whenever/if you see him again, tell him he lied to you and that you're devastated. :lol:

What did Jason say?

What did Jason say?

that the next album won't take as long as the previous one did...

that the next album won't take as long as the previous one did...

well here's hoping!

Yeah, but Green Day aren't the Rolling Stones. Nothing to do with how good they still are, but I just don't see them wanting to wait that long to put out another album. Five years is a long time for them to be making an album.

I agree. I don't think they're old at all and I think they'll still be going strong as a band long after their 40s, but the band themselves often bring up the fact that they're getting older. Billie's been describing himself as middle aged since he was about 28 :lol:. They seem to be very much aware of their age so maybe that'll give them another incentive to be a bit quicker this time. I'm sure it's not the most important factor or anything but it could give them a little push.

I always thought about a new album in March 2013. I don't know why, just a feeling :lol:

Well, I'm still hoping for 2012, but we'll see what will happen ;) But I don't think they'll take another break of 4 or 5 years.

My guess is mid 2013. I can't see anything in 2012.

I think I'm going to start a sweepstake.... any takers for 2011? hehe.

Nah I think it's gonna be late 2012.

Anybody fancy a wager?

I'm secretly hoping for 2013 rather than 2012 because I'll be away most of next year and unable to attend any shows/listen to the album properly for most of it. So yeah...2013 would be great :)

Guys I think I found an article that said (Not sure if this is correct, but You can read it here) that they were

back in the studio working on their next record
. For some reason I find this very hard to believe. I think if Green Day were really back in the studio, Green Day and/or Billie Joe would have let us know by posting the news on Twitter. According to what Billie has posted on his Twitter a month ago, it seems like the only thing that GD is doing is just playing songs together in a room and not actually recording it. Although the fact that Green Day started writing for the album last year and Billie told us that they were now playing songs together everyday makes me think that we might not have to wait too long to see another album hit stores.....I hope.

Archived