Green Day Across The World

AntonGlader

okay anyone from Poland ? I'm representing Poland and that's my e-mail address : pieknooka95@o2.pl

hey! i'm from poland too, and i can help you if you want :P i know there are a few of polish people here on gdc so we can all get in touch and work together.

I like the name: Best Thing in town but just "best thing in town" not "The Green Day celebration day - Best thing in town". That's short and that's inspire mystery like " What is the Best Thing in town?"

best thing in town is great, but i think we should include GD name in it. It's like when people read it, they should know that it's all about Green Day.

I like International Green Day.

it just sounds good to me.

Im from the Ohio area and willing to do some driving :happy: I think this is a great idea!! I agree, I love the "Best thing in town" idea. If we can pull this off,...it will be epic.

I like the name: Best Thing in town but just "best thing in town" not "The Green Day celebration day - Best thing in town". That's short and that's inspire mystery like " What is the Best Thing in town?"

well the day is called ''Best thing in town'' but it is a green day celebration day xD

please just tell me when i really want to do it and i want to know when cause i have to tell some friends to come with me :)

please just tell me when i really want to do it and i want to know when cause i have to tell some friends to come with me :)

its stands in the first post xD

I think for the US there needs to be a few meeting spots, but the question is where. I've got my three sisters and I can get a group to come with me. I think the main thing is to set up the main meeting areas.

I think for the US there needs to be a few meeting spots, but the question is where. I've got my three sisters and I can get a group to come with me. I think the main thing is to set up the main meeting areas.

yes we and most dwan71 are organazing that soon. updates will come :)

Green For A Day! :woot:

Win! :lol: That's a lot better than Best Thing In Town.. sorry to whoever came up with that name. xD

Because it's not too obvious but most people who know Green Day will probably think it has something to do with Green Day anyway. (Or they'll think it got something to do with Green Peace but whatever. xD )

If it's called Best Thing In Town, no one but the participators will know what the hell it is and what it is about and for. If your goal is to get Green Day and the media to notice it, I'd give it a more recognizable name. No one will get what "Best Thing In Town" is. It's a cool idea, but for something like this I don't think it will work very well. If it's between Best Thing In Town and International Green Day, I'm definitely voting for the latter.

though I'm still rooting for Green For A Day. :D

I must admit, the name "Green for a day" is growing on me...We should do a poll and let the majority choose, no? :D

awesome! :D I would be part of it! :thumbsup:

"Green For A Day" is a really good name! My favourite for now..

In all my nightly boredom I made a list of German GDCers and got about 40 people. As I can't see all of them participate in this, I think it's still gonna be a fair number of people :)

I think when we get closer to the date, we should have individual threads or groups on Facebook so people from each country can sort out everything.

well of we call it green for a day people will think every one chall go around and paint ourself green xD

btw we are gonna put it like this Green Day celebration day- Best thing in town.

The reson why I think its gonna be called that is because its really gonna be that, and internationall Green day doesnt work since there already is a day called Green day and it sounds boring to write international.

thats what I think.

btw the once who are gonna wote for the name is the representers from eatch country because there is to many fans out there :) we would never get a clear wote xD

I like Best thing in town since its an awsome song and a good name but come with new suggestions and I maby post it to the Representers :)

I love this idea soooo much. :) We really need to make this work and show Green Day our appreciation of them. <3

I've already expressed my interest on ze book of face :P and I emailed Dawn about it and stuff. Our infamous Marlay Park group will definitely get involved and we know other irish fans too who'll come! :D We regularly meet up anyways so this wont be any problem. I don't know if we have a representative yet but if not I'd be happy to do it but I think we should have someone else on board too since I don't have a lot of free time anymore. :\ All we'll really have to do though is rally up all the Irish fans, set a place to meet and shizz to do and contact the media and stuff, yeah?

I think the name should be 'Green Day Across The World', like Dawn has been calling it. It's my favorite suggestion I've heard and it gets the point across. There's no use have an inside reference name when we're wanting to let the media know, etc.

So what exactly are we going to do at these celebrations? Just like normal GDC meet ups?

There aren't many Green Day fans in Kansas =/

I think they should just be like normal meet-ups.. The idea of doing something for the environment or charity is nice but is just going to complicate things and tbh put people off. :\ I do think if at each meet-up, a video is made of everyone thanking Green Day, etc that would be awesome. Then they could all be edited into one big video and we can get it put on the Green Day sites and hopefully try and get the band to see it.

Also, for states where there wont be many fans showing up, maybe a few surrounding states can be merged? Just an idea.

Sounds cool, if there's anyone that would meet up in Belfast here I'm in :lol:

I wonder should there be separate R.o.Ireland and Northern Ireland meet-ups or one big one? Would there be enough in NI?

Sorry but that's a really stupid idea

Why?

It's really sad to see people being so negative about this. And I don't see why people are thinking this is such an impossible idea either. Many places have Green Day meet-ups anyways, if a little effort is put in why couldn't we have a mass meet-up day? And a lot of publications would write about something like this, especially if it's emphasised that it's a global thing.

well of we call it green for a day people will think every one chall go around and paint ourself green xD

btw we are gonna put it like this Green Day celebration day- Best thing in town.

The reson why I think its gonna be called that is because its really gonna be that, and internationall Green day doesnt work since there already is a day called Green day and it sounds boring to write international.

thats what I think.

btw the once who are gonna wote for the name is the representers from eatch country because there is to many fans out there :) we would never get a clear wote xD

I like Best thing in town since its an awsome song and a good name but come with new suggestions and I maby post it to the Representers :)

There is a poll option here on the forum so if a mod could do that for us, we could write down all the options we have and everyone can vote for their favorite!

And about the "Green for a day": I think it's kind of suitable because someone came up with this environmental thing and since the word "green" stands for environment as well, it kinda fits the event!

I think the name should be 'Green Day Across The World', like Dawn has been calling it. It's my favorite suggestion I've heard and it gets the point across. There's no use have an inside reference name when we're wanting to let the media know, etc.

I think they should just be like normal meet-ups.. The idea of doing something for the environment or charity is nice but is just going to complicate things and tbh put people off. :\ I do think if at each meet-up, a video is made of everyone thanking Green Day, etc that would be awesome. Then they could all be edited into one big video and we can get it put on the Green Day sites and hopefully try and get the band to see it.

I like that name as well. Definitely should be up for the voting (if there's going to be one).

And I was thinking that too, the video thing. And we should try and get group photos as well (just like we do at every meet up). I've done this one amazing photobook about the Rocktober events last year and it I can totally imagine doing it again for this event.

I just dont like the Idea it feels like st. patriks day or something :/

Hey nothing wrong with St Paddys :P

thats what I think.

I highly doubt that. People aren't stupid. And most Green Day fans will most definitely catch the reference and don't think "hmm, so they're telling me to paint myself green!"

There is already a day called Green day? What kind of day is that then, might I ask? I've never heard of that, and it sounds cool, haha.

TBH, I think that "Green Day Celebration Day" sounds kind of silly, no offence intended. Makes me think of some kind of tea party. And it's a very long title...

Also, I beg to differ that Best Thing In Town is an awesome song, but that's just a matter of opinion :lol: (and also has nothing to do with whether I think it's a fitting name for this).

I like 'Green Day Across The World' as well.

We could work together since we live so close to each other.

Ill talk to A-I about the mod but I wont promess anything we have alot to do. :)

Sorry it's late. What do you mean with the mod thing? And does your friend have a real name?

and what i thought about is that we can start our celebration day with singing a song :D it may sound a bit lame, but look, at one time, around the world we would sing one GD song. It may be not that bad :thumbsup:

Archived