Green Day Across The World

AntonGlader

maybe i'm crazy for thinking this...but i think this is gonna be a big fail... what ever happened to dawn?

She's been having problems lately. Like health problems.

But it's not Dawn that's organizing everything. I think Rocco has been taking care of the website recently.

1. What happened with that idea of making a videoconference to communicate with other countries that are celebrating GDATW at the same time? It's nearly impossible to do it all at once, but we could contact with meet-ups in a few countries that have more or less our time-zone. And I don't know anything about this, but there must be a way to record that so that we can put it into the film after :)

I like the idea but I don't think Finland will be able to participate. We'll be out in a park with no internet, and at least my laptop would need a power socket (or whatever they are called) to work =/ But I'll discuss this with the others, we'll see.

I think things are looking pretty good here, we have quite a bunch of people and awesome stuff organised for the day :)

maybe i'm crazy for thinking this...but i think this is gonna be a big fail... what ever happened to dawn?

Why would it be a big fail, and do you mean the entire thing or just your meet up? A lot of people are very serious about this.

^This!

This whole thing has lost a lot of attention recently, I agree and you can't really deny it but most people are still passionate about it and I think most meet ups WILL be big or at least as big as they can be.

Speaking of it: Those are the flyers we made for the German meet-up! It's 250 and they were designed by Christina (forgot her username). And they were paid by donations from quite a few people from Germany! Thanks a lot again!!!

1914602.jpg

19146032.jpg

I have loads of people signing up in three teams but I'm so paranoid that they're not gonna show up. I always get paranoid.

The Dutch GDATW is one epic fail, unfortunately. Two other girls took over basically and they made it so that there's like six meetups in this tiny fucking country, and it's super unpopular and everything. I still haven't been able to convince them to do just one big one because this sucks.

I'm kind of sad and disappointed about this because I really liked GDATW and I would've had no problem with organizing it, but when I found out what exactly the others had set up already it was already way fucked up.

The Dutch GDATW is one epic fail, unfortunately. Two other girls took over basically and they made it so that there's like six meetups in this tiny fucking country, and it's super unpopular and everything. I still haven't been able to convince them to do just one big one because this sucks.

I'm kind of sad and disappointed about this because I really liked GDATW and I would've had no problem with organizing it, but when I found out what exactly the others had set up already it was already way fucked up.

I organized three groups in Scotland, but that's because it's kinda hard to get from one city to another because of the distances...

I organized three groups in Scotland, but that's because it's kinda hard to get from one city to another because of the distances...

That's a bit different though. The Netherlands is so small, it's like three and a half hours by train or so if you live very far away (from Amsterdam for example). There's not much interest at all, so if you had six meet ups, not many people would show up. Having one group in a city would be better I guess. Looks like that's not gonna happen though.. I don't know anymore :lol:

Cool you organized three groups! What does the GDATW event look like in Scotland, what will you guys do?

I haven't gotten involved yet, like at all. It such a cool idea, but I haven't even heard off any groups near me. As always I live so far off. I'll have to investigate it a little bit I guess, see how I can participate.

That's a bit different though. The Netherlands is so small, it's like three and a half hours by train or so if you live very far away (from Amsterdam for example). There's not much interest at all, so if you had six meet ups, not many people would show up. Having one group in a city would be better I guess. Looks like that's not gonna happen though.. I don't know anymore :lol:

Cool you organized three groups! What does the GDATW event look like in Scotland, what will you guys do?

They're being finalized tomorrow - I'll let you know!

German meet up.

Thank you for your work Anja und Christina, you did a good job with the flyers.

But unfortunately it`s a little bit quiet in this threat,if we want to organize something we should know how many people approximately will be there.

Is anybody of the german GDC ers here who knows for sure to be there, or are the most of you just waiting whats gonna happen ?

Or does anybody have some more news ?

Hi everyone. There's some really great events/meet-ups developing. Keep it up!

Dawn is still in and out of the hospital at the moment, and not feeling well. She asked me to pass on this information:

can you notify everyone that if the participate and sends pictures

or videos of their clean up efforts and sends a list of names of those that did participate that their name will go into

a drawing for a green day autographed guitar and over 50 other green day memorabilia items, there will also be an extra

drawing for all team leaders the winner will get a $100 gift card and an autographed green day album.they will be in regular

drawing too, Also tell anyone that orders a gdatw shirt they will get their name in the regular drawing an extra time for each tshirt they order

shirts must be ordered thought the gdatw website not ebay to get their name in the drawing extra times for each tshirt bought

and shirts will be mailed priority so they will get in time. all t-shirt proceeds go to NRDC. please pass the info on for

me.

Let's all do as much as we can to make Dawn, Green Day and ourselves proud!

German meet up.

Thank you for your work Anja und Christina, you did a good job with the flyers.

But unfortunately it`s a little bit quiet in this threat,if we want to organize something we should know how many people approximately will be there.

Is anybody of the german GDC ers here who knows for sure to be there, or are the most of you just waiting whats gonna happen ?

Or does anybody have some more news ?

Most of it is actually going on in the Facebook group.

We have agreed to meet at the stairs in front of the Kölner Dom! At 14 o'clock.

Also, Susanne is in contact with the city of Cologne who said they supported out idea and they are currently trying to work out a list of things we could do in the city.

That's the current status right now.

I just ordered a t-shirt :D

forgot to indicate the size *coughs* oh shit...

If anyone from the Maryland/DC area is interested in doing something for GDAW; please contact me. So far it seems like I've got nobody. :unsure:

I was getting places with Aberdeen and Glasgow - and now they've stopped all contact because the contacts they gave me haven't replied! And Edinburgh phoned, missed me, said they'd phone me back, and haven't. NOT HAPPY. And loads of people aren't telling me what event they're going to turn up for which is really frustrating because I have messaged them SEVEN times EACH and not one of them has replied.

Haven't gotten any news back for the one meet up in AZ, I'm fairly sure the girl who decided to be captain bailed

I can't wait to see everyone else's projects coming along :)

I'm going to join that!!!! Even though in my town I know only another Green Day fans...we're gonna do sth for that day=)..any other Green Day italians fans from Italy here???? :eyebrows:

I'll enjoy that!!! Even though in my town I know only another Green Day fan....we're gonna do sth for that day, for sure=)..-Any other GD fans from Italy here?!? :eyebrows:

We got everything organized for Madrid finally!! :D

What I'm fearing is that as we're doing an environmental part and a "Green Day-only" part, and the environmental part is in the morning and quite far away from the city centre, people will just go in the afternoon to the Green Day part... :ermm: I hope not, but I can see it coming...

So this is the plan:

10:30: We all meet-up in an underground station near the place where we're doing the environmental thing.

11-13: We're cleaning a river called Meaques in collaboration with an association of environmentalist called "Asociación de Ambientólogos de Madrid". We're doing 4 teams and each one is cleaning up for half an hour. Well, if we get enough people to go there.

13-17: We're going to one of the most popular parks in Madrid, "El Retiro". We will eat there and in the afternoon we'll play a http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1322/trivial3photoscapeingls.jpg]Green Day Quiz and make a karaoke.

18-21: Two bands are playing Green Day songs in a pub without any alcoholic drinks so that under 18s can attend (yes, we finally made it!).

I just hope people will get involved with the cleaning up, but for the rest, it seems pretty exciting! :D

We got everything organized for Madrid finally!! :D

What I'm fearing is that as we're doing an environmental part and a "Green Day-only" part, and the environmental part is in the morning and quite far away from the city centre, people will just go in the afternoon to the Green Day part... :ermm: I hope not, but I can see it coming...

So this is the plan:

10:30: We all meet-up in an underground station near the place where we're doing the environmental thing.

11-13: We're cleaning a river called Meaques in collaboration with an association of environmentalist called "Asociación de Ambientólogos de Madrid". We're doing 4 teams and each one is cleaning up for half an hour. Well, if we get enough people to go there.

13-17: We're going to one of the most popular parks in Madrid, "El Retiro". We will eat there and in the afternoon we'll play a http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1322/trivial3photoscapeingls.jpg]Green Day Quiz and make a karaoke.

18-21: Two bands are playing Green Day songs in a pub without any alcoholic drinks so that under 18s can attend (yes, we finally made it!).

I just hope people will get involved with the cleaning up, but for the rest, it seems pretty exciting! :D

that´s an awesome programm!!! we aren´t sure what we will do exactly, but I heard about something that´s called "guerillia gardening". you take plants or seeds and plant them in the earth where aren´t many plants. in the middle of a city in looks cool :) and we will MAYBE plant a tree in salzburg (one of us is from there and she can´t come to vienna) I´m looking for some more stuff and I hope I´ll find something. if somebody of you has ideas, could you please tell them me? THANKS!

Hey...my town group has really no ideas...can someone give us some advices??? :unsure:

I still don't get this... Where am I supposed to show up if I want to participate? (I live in Sweden)

Archived