Green Day Across The World

AntonGlader

It's called Suomen Luonnonsuojeluliitto (The Finnish Association for Nature Conservation). I was thinking about contacting the Finnish Greenpeace, too, but I kinda have a better feeling about FANC so I emailed them first. But yes, I think it'd totally make sense to contact Greenpeace - they're international just like us. :)

Yeah, we should contact Reprise too. They might be interested in this because it's good publicity for GD (or they might sue us because we're using the name Green Day without their permission, who knows :P)...

I shall send them a mail then.

Haha, true. You never know with reprise/warner :lol: I will definitely contact them at some point.

Eek, I just emailed like the biggest environmental organisation in Finland, asking them if they'd like to work with us on GDATW... I hope they'll at least give us some ideas, that would be awesome as fuck (I'm not allowed to say that, am I?)

Andres- thanks for the ideas. I agree with you, we should put up a forum so that it'd be easier to be in touch with people and share information. :)

(I should be looking for summer jobs but I'm just thinking about GDATW :dry: )

What did you tell them exactly? just who we are, what we're doing and something like "would you like to work with us?" ? It's not a bad idea, but I wouldn't know what to tell them. Maybe they'd ask, work, how? and I wouldn't be able to reply to that :P What are you expecting them to do? (appart from giving some ideas)

What did you tell them exactly? just who we are, what we're doing and something like "would you like to work with us?" ? It's not a bad idea, but I wouldn't know what to tell them. Maybe they'd ask, work, how? and I wouldn't be able to reply to that :P What are you expecting them to do? (appart from giving some ideas)

I told them the main point of GDATW - fans getting together to do environmental stuff - and gave some examples of what different countries are planning to do. Then I told them I'm organising stuff for Finland and said it'd be nice if we could work together with FANC because they're professionals and this thing could really make a difference. I hope they reply, and I hope they have some suggestions as I'm sure they've done something like this before. If they don't, I'll just ask them if we could help them spread awareness of environmental issues etc. I don't really know, I just hope they'll reply and I'll improvise something :lol:

I told them the main point of GDATW - fans getting together to do environmental stuff - and gave some examples of what different countries are planning to do. Then I told them I'm organising stuff for Finland and said it'd be nice if we could work together with FANC because they're professionals and this thing could really make a difference. I hope they reply, and I hope they have some suggestions as I'm sure they've done something like this before. If they don't, I'll just ask them if we could help them spread awareness of environmental issues etc. I don't really know, I just hope they'll reply and I'll improvise something :lol:

Haha, okay :lol:

Hey, I wanna put a video on my YouTube account advertising this. It'd be cool if I could get a bunch of people to participate.

All I need you to do is take a video of yourself saying this:

"My name is __________ and I'm from ____________, and I will be celebrating Green Day Across the World".

Thank you everyone!!! Please participate if you can. I'd especially like people from all over the world!

Where can we send it? :)

If you really can't make it to Cologne, I think it's fine if you just have your own meet-up, no matter how many people turn up eventually. So yeah, that's fine :)

How many are there right now who would go to Heidelberg for the meet-up, do you know?

I think I can make it in Cologne :dance:

mhm don't know about the others?!

but I've another question. when will it start and end?

I think I can make it in Cologne :dance:

mhm don't know about the others?!

but I've another question. when will it start and end?

Cool :bunny:

The international meet-ups are all on May 28th. We haven't talked about a specific time yet but probably around noon. Depends on when peoples trains will arrive.

And since so many of us are gonna be traveling from far away, it's best to use the 29th to hang out as well. It's really just up to us. I, for example, have to go back to uni on the 30th, so I will probably leave early afternoon on the 29th. Depends on trains.

Cool :bunny:

The international meet-ups are all on May 28th. We haven't talked about a specific time yet but probably around noon. Depends on when peoples trains will arrive.

And since so many of us are gonna be traveling from far away, it's best to use the 29th to hang out as well. It's really just up to us. I, for example, have to go back to uni on the 30th, so I will probably leave early afternoon on the 29th. Depends on trains.

exactly that. because I'm thinking about beeing in cologne at 29th as well. 'cause I don't want to go by train too late ;)

Can someone update me on what I should have sorted by now? :lol: It's such a mess trailing through FB, GDC and the website, etc trying to gather all the info.

I finally made a FB event page for our one a few days ago. But other than that and thinking up ideas and stuff in my head, I've done nothing. :|

There's no other reps for Ireland as far as I know and I'm sick atm so it's just hard to get things sorted. Plus I'm a perfectionist procrastinator and I'm a bit iffy with certain aspects of this event anyways, which makes me hesitant to even work on it. I kinda only volunteered cause no-one else did. :lol: But I do love the idea of this, y'know?

What is everyone doing for theirs? And about how many people do you think will come? And what are you doing for charity and for who?

Ugh, I'm just having trouble seeing this coming together. I feel like it's just going to end up a few people showing up, in a park, awkwardly standing there. :lol:

I can't really see a venue allowing us to hold it there and stuff. :/ Blah, idk. Sorry for the pessimism!

It's better if you have an accent! We wanna show how diverse Green Day fans are, and how we'll have people from all over the world celebrating.

Yeah.. I'll probably record something on Wednesday, if it turns out alright I'll post it. :)

Hey, I wanna put a video on my YouTube account advertising this. It'd be cool if I could get a bunch of people to participate.

All I need you to do is take a video of yourself saying this:

"My name is __________ and I'm from ____________, and I will be celebrating Green Day Across the World".

Thank you everyone!!! Please participate if you can. I'd especially like people from all over the world!

That's an awesome idea :happy:

where to send it?

Can someone update me on what I should have sorted by now? :lol: It's such a mess trailing through FB, GDC and the website, etc trying to gather all the info.

I finally made a FB event page for our one a few days ago. But other than that and thinking up ideas and stuff in my head, I've done nothing. :|

There's no other reps for Ireland as far as I know and I'm sick atm so it's just hard to get things sorted. Plus I'm a perfectionist procrastinator and I'm a bit iffy with certain aspects of this event anyways, which makes me hesitant to even work on it. I kinda only volunteered cause no-one else did. :lol: But I do love the idea of this, y'know?

What is everyone doing for theirs? And about how many people do you think will come? And what are you doing for charity and for who?

Ugh, I'm just having trouble seeing this coming together. I feel like it's just going to end up a few people showing up, in a park, awkwardly standing there. :lol:

I can't really see a venue allowing us to hold it there and stuff. :/ Blah, idk. Sorry for the pessimism!

There's 400 people in the Tuenti (a spanish social network) event, but I don't think half of them are actually going :lol: we're going to send some privates messages next month to make a list of who is planing to go, who is going for sure, etc.

We're not sure about what to do for our "environmental proyect" either. We thought that the best idea was probably just planting some trees in a park that allow us to plant them, to make it like a symbolic thing, that Green Day cares about the environment and we do to and that stuff. But in reality that's probably going to be a mess xD and it's not the best thing to do to plant a tree and not to care about wattering and that kind of things any more. So that's the idea that we have, but we still don't know what we're going to do at the end. People here are contacting/ are going to contact nacional and international organizations, that's a possibilty. If we have t-shirts, badges, etc to sell, the money could go to some organization, and also, in Australia they're making cupcakes to sell to people :P Dawn said she's going to help us out with that :)

As for what else to do, you could try to plan some Green Day related activities. We're probably going to have a karaoke and a game with Green Day questions here, and then we may be going to a pub to see a Green Day tribute band. I remember you were talking about an irish tribute band in the Marlay thread some time ago, maybe you could ask them if they'd like to play that day?

Don't be pessimist!

That's an awesome idea :happy:

where to send it?

just so spam bots dont come on here, just take my name and add banjo to the end (no space).

then it's at (@) aim.com

Make sense?

so who's meeting me in amsterdam then? :eyebrow:

ME!! I'll be there!

There's 400 people in the Tuenti (a spanish social network) event, but I don't think half of them are actually going :lol: we're going to send some privates messages next month to make a list of who is planing to go, who is going for sure, etc.

We're not sure about what to do for our "environmental proyect" either. We thought that the best idea was probably just planting some trees in a park that allow us to plant them, to make it like a symbolic thing, that Green Day cares about the environment and we do to and that stuff. But in reality that's probably going to be a mess xD and it's not the best thing to do to plant a tree and not to care about wattering and that kind of things any more. So that's the idea that we have, but we still don't know what we're going to do at the end. People here are contacting/ are going to contact nacional and international organizations, that's a possibilty. If we have t-shirts, badges, etc to sell, the money could go to some organization, and also, in Australia they're making cupcakes to sell to people :P Dawn said she's going to help us out with that :)

As for what else to do, you could try to plan some Green Day related activities. We're probably going to have a karaoke and a game with Green Day questions here, and then we may be going to a pub to see a Green Day tribute band. I remember you were talking about an irish tribute band in the Marlay thread some time ago, maybe you could ask them if they'd like to play that day?

Don't be pessimist!

Woah!! Heh, yeah I guess. Still, it's a LOT of people! :D Good idea! I'm going to do that eventually too. I think some people are just joining the groups because they say "Green Day" in them when they mightn't even live in the country!

That's cool. :) Haha, yeah, I'm definitely going to make cupcakes too. :D

Sounds awesome! Yeah, I'm not sure if they were actually Irish though or if they had come over from the UK. Still, I'm sure I'll be able to find one!

Yeah, I was just having an off day about it. I'm a lot more enthusiastic again. :) Thanks for the help!

I think I'm going to try really hard to get a pub or whatever who'll kinda do a deal. If we get Green Day music playing over the speakers, a tribute band and we sell cupcakes it should be pretty cool. :) Maybe the pub could have some free food and soda since they'll still make money on the alcohol - plus it gives them a good reputation if we mention them helping us out in newspapers and stuff. I'm just worried about it all coming together and working out I guess..

Sorry everything has taken so long. i was in the hospital with pneumonia but now I'm doing much better. I

had to sift through 100's and 100's of emails, then do a spread sheet no getting all the links on the web

site now. So, the regional teams should be done and posted soon.If the for some reason your name is missing

from the regional teams once it is done and posted, then please email me because it was an oversight and I'll

fix it right away. dawn.wilcox1 @ gmail.com , www.greendayacrosstheworld.org

I'm also getting a forum on the website hoping to have it up and done by the end of the weekend.

I hope that helps everyone and makes the event easier for everyone involved. Also it'll be easier for you all to

carry out things you have planned or would like to do for the event and get it out to everyone and for you all to be

able to put your plans in action. So keep checking the website because lots of new stuff will be added in the next week or so..........

List are up on the website for the teams now,& you'll see we still need lots of volunteers http://www.greendayacrosstheworld.org

please step up & help. if u volunteered to help out with GDATW team in your area & u dont see ur name plz email

me & forgive the oversight...dawn.wilcox1@gmail.com

Yay, thank you Dawn :happy: I'm glad to hear you're feeling better & the team page looks great!

Nice that the site have all the teams now included. Except I forgot to e-mail you Dawn so I don't have my name down there :D

I'll send my info now (:

South Australia just dropped out for Australia :(. It looks like Australia will only be Victoria and Queensland at this rate, and I'm awaiting a reply from the girl for Queensland. Oh well, Victoria will still be awesome!

Nice to see all the teams included on the website :) I think it will be a lot simpler for people now so they know who to contact.

South Australia just dropped out for Australia :(. It looks like Australia will only be Victoria and Queensland at this rate, and I'm awaiting a reply from the girl for Queensland. Oh well, Victoria will still be awesome!

If Queensland drops out, I might be able to rep for us. I won't be able to do as much as someone older, but it's better than nothing.

Archived