Green Day Across The World

AntonGlader

wow i'm so excited i can't even :runaround:

but i haven't started with planning anything. everybody here has all these awesome ideas and i haven't started yet :unsure:

Ever since I first heard about this back in October I want to be a part of it, it sounds so exciting. But I´m not into the organizing stuff, I just want to participate :lol: Of course I could help out and come with some ideas but I don´t want to be the main organizer for my country. I also thought that cause this whole idea came from the two Swedish girls that there definitely would be a meet up for this in Sweden but it doesn´t seem so now, there´s nothing planned for Sweden which I think is very sad :(

The first thing that came to my mind when reading about this planned event was that there would be a specific time when all Green Day fans across the world would meet. It may be impossible to do but how cool would it be if there is this point in time when you can say that right now at this very moment all of us Green Day fans are gathering in all the cities around the world. I haven´t had a look at the different time zones but let´s say if Australia is meeting at 10-12 pm (midnight) then it would be approximately 3 pm in Europe and around 6-9 am in the US. Ok it doesn´t sound doable I just wanted to share my thoughts but it would be really awesome wouldn´t it ?:P

:runaround::banana::runaround:

i am a very excited person if you cant tell.

im SO glad that they are wanting to know more about this event!

I haven't been here for like ages, so my comment isn't very current.

OMG DAWN! Now Billie himself knows about this event!! Now please, can you see why we need you and want you to be part of this?!

..please don't get hurt if someone gives you critique.

It's a good thing if someone notices that something is wrong and gives a good advice to progress.

and I'm sorry that I have to say this (because this is very old subject here) :unsure:

But I've been doing some website and website desing stuff since I was 10 or something. So I know something about that. And I know some 12 year old little girls that can make better sites. And if Dawn's desinger has 12 year career and stuff, there's something really wrong. I agree what mallory said before, this isn't work from someone who has 12 years career of this.

And I don't think sponsors would step back if the site would get better. Why would they?

Dawn, don't offend at all. I just say what I see. Sure we can keep the site but it just doesn't look very professional.

but i haven't started with planning anything. everybody here has all these awesome ideas and i haven't started yet :unsure:

I should probably have gotten it by now, but I still don't know what we're suppose to do. =/

then what if you were the only fan in your country :mellow:

I don't think you are... Where do you live? :) We have a huge amount of countries participating and not all of them are listed on that website.

Ever since I first heard about this back in October I want to be a part of it, it sounds so exciting. But I´m not into the organizing stuff, I just want to participate :lol: Of course I could help out and come with some ideas but I don´t want to be the main organizer for my country. I also thought that cause this whole idea came from the two Swedish girls that there definitely would be a meet up for this in Sweden but it doesn´t seem so now, there´s nothing planned for Sweden which I think is very sad :(

The first thing that came to my mind when reading about this planned event was that there would be a specific time when all Green Day fans across the world would meet. It may be impossible to do but how cool would it be if there is this point in time when you can say that right now at this very moment all of us Green Day fans are gathering in all the cities around the world. I haven´t had a look at the different time zones but let´s say if Australia is meeting at 10-12 pm (midnight) then it would be approximately 3 pm in Europe and around 6-9 am in the US. Ok it doesn´t sound doable I just wanted to share my thoughts but it would be really awesome wouldn´t it ?:P

Take a boat and come to Finland :P We have over 70 people attending, that's awesome but also pretty scary...

And yeah, it'd be awesome if we all could meet at the exact same time but it just wouldn't work, so. 3pm would be fine for us Europeans but I'm pretty sure Australians and Americans wouldn't love the idea too much :D

Is there a team leader for Delaware or Philadelphia yet??

Because I don't know if I could do it considering I'm 13 and VERY unorganized.... :unsure:

And yeah, it'd be awesome if we all could meet at the exact same time but it just wouldn't work, so. 3pm would be fine for us Europeans but I'm pretty sure Australians and Americans wouldn't love the idea too much :D

Yeah, I don't think anyone would turn up if it was at midnight...

It's one thing to have a bunch of fans involved, but the band themselves? That's amazing. :D

Wish I could have gotten involved in this sooner, but I'll do whatever I can to help. :)

hey guys..

can anyone tell me what this is basically about? =/ i'm sorry ..

i know it's about people in one country meeting in the capital city, like it's said in the first

post. but what are the latest news, what can i do to participate?

oh and the website is really really cool !! :D

hey guys..

i know it's about people in one country meeting in the capital city, like it's said in the first

hey guys..

hey guys..

Everything's on the website really...

This is part of what I what I posted a few days ago:

There's going to be a Green Day celebration day on May 28th, the day is going to be called "Green Day Across the World" because it's going to be all over the world.

What we're going to do is something environmental friendly, and then each country decides what to do to celebrate the "Green Day day".

Dawn is running a contest for anyone who participates on the event that is a guitar (Fender Stratocaster) signed by the band. She's also raising money to support the event, t-shirts... and the rest is going to NRDC I believe (correct me if I'm wrong).

Now we're talking about ideas for this day.

Anja is the rep for Germany, so contact her to participate, I suppose. I think she said that the meet-up is going to be in Cologne. There's a Facebook, but I can't find it =/

Man, when I first heard about this, I thought it was gonna be some small fun thing that various groups might carry out... But jeez this thing has gotten big!! That's so incredible that Billie's involved now (in a way)!

I wish I could help, but it seems like everythings covered! :D I'll definetly take part in this somehow though!

I can't wait to hear the full story when you get back, Dawn! Finally this event's kicking off! :D

Man, when I first heard about this, I thought it was gonna be some small fun thing that various groups might carry out... But jeez this thing has gotten big!! That's so incredible that Billie's involved now (in a way)!

I wish I could help, but it seems like everythings covered! :D I'll definetly take part in this somehow though!

WOOT WOOT Evan!! Will you join us in Mtl or you'll stay in Vermont?

Sounds exciting!!!!

:dance:

Aaaah! I'm really excited but now I'm starting to panic!

74 people have clicked 'yes' at Finlands Facebook page for this event. Holy shit. :runaround:

We have talked with musse about singing in the streets and I see someone suggested that few pages ago. So what did you guys think about it?

billie was VERY excited about this event along with adie! he took a picture with dawn and myself saturday night with the flyer but the flash wasnt on :( [u can kind of see it]

165573_584375829678_68701296_32831606_6376660_n.jpg

billie was VERY excited about this event along with adie! he took a picture with dawn and myself saturday night with the flyer but the flash wasnt on :( [u can kind of see it]

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs025.snc6/165573_584375829678_68701296_32831606_6376660_n.jpg

That so very awesome Dawn and ToniAnn! I think I'm still in a bit of shock that he is excited about what we are planning. :)

I also like the kind of wristband you sometimes get at festivals... just a strip of fabric with a print on it. :happy: And those can't be too expensive to make either.

I like that idea as well! You mean like the "Summer show" wristbands right?

I'm working with another t-shirt screen printer and may be able to get them cheaper, not sure yet but

working on it and they make lots of stuff other than t-shirts I'll look and check it all out.

But I'll sell shirts at cost to all Team leaders plus shipping email me for the at cost price and I'll tell you more

about all of this

Are the team leader shirts gonna be any different? Because I know that the GDA and GDC Shirts differ from the "Crew"-Shirts and the "Member"-Shirts.

hey guys..

Are we friends on Facebook yet? If not, here is the website for the event: http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=171412756204288

%7Boption%7Dhttp://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs025.snc6/165573_584375829678_68701296_32831606_6376660_n.jpg

Seeing Billie with the flyers made me all teary :cry: This is beyond amazing!!

I like that idea as well! You mean like the "Summer show" wristbands right?

Are the team leader shirts gonna be any different? Because I know that the GDA and GDC Shirts differ from the "Crew"-Shirts and the "Member"-Shirts

I really like how the "summer show" wristbands turned out as well. They are more comfortable to wear (imo) and definitely would last longer than a silicone band. If we were to do wristbands, I vote for something similar to the "summer shows" band.

I think it would be a good idea to maybe have a title across the back of the shirts so that at the event if someone needed to ask a question, they could find the right person easier.

Hey my parents own a screen printing and embroidery shop. I'd be happy to help out with any t-shirt printing, or patches or whatever.

I made the Wembley/GDC shirts if you saw those.

and since it's my parents shop and a charity thing, I could get a discount.

lemme know

:thumbsup:

Archived