Green Day Across The World

AntonGlader

Dawn, for god's sake, no one is mad at you or asking you to stop or anything at all. It's really great you're doing all this, but as soon as someone mentions something that it isn't 100% perfect, you immediately start talking about stopping and leaving. It's impossible to please everyone and no one is asking that, but you keep saying it's for all the fans, yet as soon as someone disagrees with you, a whole drama starts. All Mallory did was saying that the website was made using a flash generator, and trying to help you because she thought that you were swindled. Helping you.

And no one is going to go to the website and talk shit, I don't know where you get that from. No one is bashing you.

Dawn, for god's sake, no one is mad at you or asking you to stop or anything at all. It's really great you're doing all this, but as soon as someone mentions something that it isn't 100% perfect, you immediately start talking about stopping and leaving. It's impossible to please everyone and no one is asking that, but you keep saying it's for all the fans, yet as soon as someone disagrees with you, a whole drama starts. All Mallory did was saying that the website was made using a flash generator, and trying to help you because she thought that you were swindled. Helping you.

And no one is going to go to the website and talk shit, I don't know where you get that from. No one is bashing you.

i guess you havent read every thing mallory has said to me.i begged people for help and she never offered. this is not the

I have been on here lots asking for people to help me all i could find was 3 and they are not designers

1st, 2nd or 3rd time in different threads where she picks on me like that.and then she gloats that she gets lote of rep points for this

yes they did put mean stuff on the GDATW site and the designer erased it and i had her change the blog so that it now

has to be screened before posting within 24 hrs

but i still haven't decided what to do yet. i am now on my 4th night no sleep, the ambulance had to be called the other day over this shit and

they wanted to admit me (& AND NO MALLORY THAT WAS NOT SAID TO GET ANY SYMPATHY)

This is fucking kindergarten! Can you move that to PM please? This thread is for the event and for planning the event, not for people who feel like bashing each other!

This is fucking kindergarten! Can you move that to PM please? This thread is for the event and for planning the event, not for people who feel like bashing each other!

i agree. 100%

and im not picking sides here either.

i wanna say that this damn arguing got old when it started in the logo thread.

it is so fucking immature to sit here and argue over something that is cleary not going to be changed.

so what the is the point?

we've all seen what happens at the end of arguements. it continues and continues, then ends quickly and nothing else is done about the fucking matter.

is that how we want this project to go? down the hill and money wasted?

i hope not.

just drop the arguing and moveo n with the project, we had already attempted it before, so lets do it again.

so what else are you guys playing in German and other places [i havent been keeping up with the other places XD]

I'm not going to bother replying to all that shit above. I think nobody should bother actually.

Thanks to everyone that said that the Quiz was a good idea :happy:

What we're thinking of doing in Spain is:

Before the event:

-Sticking posters on streets and printing flyers for the media.

-Talking with a restaurant (hamburguer and sandwich place, not like a "proper" restaurant) so that they give us free or cheaper food if we name them in all the promotion we make of the event.

The day of the event:

-Planting trees.

-Doing a karaoke with Green Day songs.

-Letting bands play Green Day songs.

-Playing that quiz.

-Getting money out of selling T-shirts and other items that we haven't decided yet. If we can get the t-shirts out of the official website, someone will buy a bunch of them there and re-sell them on the 28th. This person will only have to pay the shipping once for 20 t-shirts or so, so we can sell them for 20€ or something like that, that it's cheaper than if everyone went to buy their own one (because of the shipping) and we'll make a few euros from each t-shirt. This money will go to expenses of the event, and if we make enough, we'll donate it to some organization we haven't decided yet.

we're off to a good start ^-^

actually a great start.

i think for Austin, we're going to have a cover band. and then let others who can also play, join in or switch out or something.

everything is up in the air right now until we can like skype or something.

I love those ideas! I would love if we could get sponsors here in Germany (e.g. restaurants to donate food and such) and also do environmental stuff but I think that all is hard to do. I can't imagine restaurants here to donate food or money but I guess it's worth a shot.

Do you ask restaurants in the city we your meet-up is going to be?

Because ours will be in Cologne so I would have people from there have to do it. If they're willing to do so ;)

just ask them, give them a flyer, explain the cause and give them some time to think about doing it?

maybe that will work? or help XD

Wow. I try to help out this event and all I get is personal threats and talk of being 'sued' ...? That's real fucking mature, Dawn. Real kind hearted. ((And it certainly doesn't make Chamberlain look any less guilty, if that's the angle you were going for.))

You're apparently always 'begging' for help, and yet when someone steps forward to do that, you basically tell them to fuck off. I really don't know what to take from these mixed messages of yours anymore. It's pretty fucking confusing.

Hopefully Wix.Com replies to my eMail soon and answers my questions. All I care about right now is finding out if Chamberlain's ripping people off or not.

Should I even try to go stand somewhere in Austin and attempt to pass out flyers? I would think most people would throw them away :/ but is it worth a shot?

Also I do want ask, what happens if green day haters come and try to crash? I was just thinking worst case, and we have no idea what to do XD I may just be thinking stupid

Hey i had found this awesome restaurant for the Austin event! its all organic and they let you volunteer in exchange for meals and they even let you play music or promote an event for the community. Casa de Luz let me know what you think Katy since ur in Austin. And maybe when it get closer you could try posting flyers and stuff. No matter what there will be haters but just remind them its not just for green day but for the community. They cant go against that can they?

Woah. Dawn, but just because Mallory is saying this doesn't mean we're all against you, or you should give up. Even though the website isn't the standard a lot of us expected, (and I do think you should have sorted that out with the designer) doesn't mean the whole thing is going down the drain. The website's very important for promotion etc, but it's more important that the actual events actually happen than the website is perfect.

If you click on the link in my sig, it will lead you directly to the website of the event where you can find a discription of the event :) It's basically to honor the band and also to support them in the environmental things they do with NRDC. But in the end, it's up to you what you do on the day of the event.

And there are a few from Argentina. Dai is for example.

Awesome, thanks! :) It's a lovely idea to honor Green Day!!! :woot::happy: (And do something good for the planet)

Should I even try to go stand somewhere in Austin and attempt to pass out flyers? I would think most people would throw them away :/ but is it worth a shot?

Also I do want ask, what happens if green day haters come and try to crash? I was just thinking worst case, and we have no idea what to do XD I may just be thinking stupid

Oh, good point :lol: Imagine being with all your GD friends, having the best time ever all of a sudden some idiots come and crash your party :/ That'd be no fun. I can't really see that happen though. If someone actually does that, they're just jealous :P

Hey i had found this awesome restaurant for the Austin event! its all organic and they let you volunteer in exchange for meals and they even let you play music or promote an event for the community. Casa de Luz let me know what you think Katy since ur in Austin. And maybe when it get closer you could try posting flyers and stuff. No matter what there will be haters but just remind them its not just for green day but for the community. They cant go against that can they?

im not IN austin but i can try to get up there sometime soon.

i was thinking about waiting until next month, just so things are a bit closer.

i really like that idea ^-^

Oh I could of sworn u were in Austin! LOL sorry but yea when u go down maybe check it out u can look at the website in the mean time. :)

Trying to move on from that, the thread should be for planning.

i wanted to ask what you think about this for texas

first we do one of the clean up efforts MMC talked about and after that

since i am a disabled veteran i can get one of the VFW for free in Austin,TX and i'm either getting a green day cover band or a DJ

Also i'm going to have several businesses in Texas donate items for a silent auction also

maybe charge a small cover charge at the door and all proceeds go to THE NRDC

We can help the environment by doing clean ups and have a kick ass Green Day Blow out party

while raising money at the same time....Also there will be a raffle and huge gifts for door prizes

So you Texans let me know what you think. Do you want to do this?

I was really expecting a better design work... For what I've read, lots of money were involved in the web site and it doesn't show a good work... It doesn't even look like it was done by a designer =/

All the images are so stretched and that's the main thing that bothers me, other than that, it's only the fact that it loads reeeaally slowly on my computer, but maybe that's just mine.

I want to fully apologize to everyone. When I asked for help maybe I should have been more specific about

what I needed. Mallory I want to apologize to you from the bottom of my heart and hope you will except it.

It would have been awesome if I knew you could build this website and helped me, but I didn't and I hired someone

I hope you don't take offense to this but I am going to keep the site I have, I love it and I have gotten great responses

and donations since it launched. I got donations before it launched so I think its the cause that people are most interested in.

I'm sorry for the inappropriate things I may have said when I took negative comments personal. and anyone else that

may have taken offense to what I said I'm sorry. I guess I got upset because I have put lots into this because this cause is

very important to me. I have taken out loans to help finance this and I have donated my entire 20 yr collection to this cause.

I have some of the rarest and coolest Green Day Memorabilia over these past to decades and my collection is huge

the only thing I'm keeping in my regular GD CD's. So hopefully some of you may understand why I got so upset over negative

comments because I have given all I have to this cause because I believe in this event whole heartedly. But that is no excuse

for getting upset and getting with Mallory or anyone else.

This cause is so very important I don't want to destroy it by petty fighting. The only fighting that should be being done is

fighting for this cause because Green Day and World we live in deserve no less than every possible thing we can do

to make this event as successful as we possibly can. I hope everyone excepts my apologies and we can all

come together and take care of this task on hand. ok?

I love all of you guys you are my Green Day family :hug: You guys are one of the few thing I have. So lets come together

and do this. And if anyone else wants a formal apology I will gladly give it because this event is to important to be

clouded animosity.

I was really expecting a better design work... For what I've read, lots of money were involved in the web site and it doesn't show a good work... It doesn't even look like it was done by a designer =/

All the images are so stretched and that's the main thing that bothers me, other than that, it's only the fact that it loads reeeaally slowly on my computer, but maybe that's just mine.

The site is doing well, i am so sorry you didn't like it. I did my best and I didn't have 5-10 grand or more

to put on a site. I apologize I didn't know Mallory had those skills. Its to late now to change it now

because we have to many sponsors and contributors attached to this site already and to change it

would make us look fickle and they could withdraw their support. This site has drawn in many non GDC'ers

non GDA'ers and its going to be huge. What matters is the actions we take to work on are environmental

platforms are more crucial than if someone doesn't like what a site looks like there will always be those

who won't like things but there are a lot more that love the site. So please lets work on our environmental

platforms we don't have much time to make this happen... I am sorry if I didn't make you guys proud of the site

I value you guys. I can't go back and change time all I can do is move forward from this point

Wow. I try to help out this event and all I get is personal threats and talk of being 'sued' ...? That's real fucking mature, Dawn. Real kind hearted. ((And it certainly doesn't make Chamberlain look any less guilty, if that's the angle you were going for.))

You're apparently always 'begging' for help, and yet when someone steps forward to do that, you basically tell them to fuck off. I really don't know what to take from these mixed messages of yours anymore. It's pretty fucking confusing.

Hopefully Wix.Com replies to my eMail soon and answers my questions. All I care about right now is finding out if Chamberlain's ripping people off or not.

that wasn't me it was what you were saying that could hut her business i was only giving you a heads up. I'm very sorry that happened.

I want to fully apologize to everyone. When I asked for help maybe I should have been more specific about

what I needed. Mallory I want to apologize to you from the bottom of my heart and hope you will except it.

It would have been awesome if I knew you could build this website and helped me, but I didn't and I hired someone

I hope you don't take offense to this but I am going to keep the site I have, I love it and I have gotten great responses

and donations since it launched. I got donations before it launched so I think its the cause that people are most interested in.

I'm sorry for the inappropriate things I may have said when I took negative comments personal. and anyone else that

may have taken offense to what I said I'm sorry. I guess I got upset because I have put lots into this because this cause is

very important to me. I have taken out loans to help finance this and I have donated my entire 20 yr collection to this cause.

I have some of the rarest and coolest Green Day Memorabilia over these past to decades and my collection is huge

the only thing I'm keeping in my regular GD CD's. So hopefully some of you may understand why I got so upset over negative

comments because I have given all I have to this cause because I believe in this event whole heartedly. But that is no excuse

for getting upset and getting with Mallory or anyone else.

This cause is so very important I don't want to destroy it by petty fighting. The only fighting that should be being done is

fighting for this cause because Green Day and World we live in deserve no less than every possible thing we can do

to make this event as successful as we possibly can. I hope everyone excepts my apologies and we can all

come together and take care of this task on hand. ok?

I love all of you guys you are my Green Day family :hug: You guys are one of the few thing I have. So lets come together

and do this. And if anyone else wants a formal apology I will gladly give it because this event is to important to be

clouded animosity.

:thumbsup::hug:

I'm not going to bother replying to all that shit above. I think nobody should bother actually.

Thanks to everyone that said that the Quiz was a good idea :happy:

What we're thinking of doing in Spain is:

Before the event:

-Sticking posters on streets and printing flyers for the media.

-Talking with a restaurant (hamburguer and sandwich place, not like a "proper" restaurant) so that they give us free or cheaper food if we name them in all the promotion we make of the event.

The day of the event:

-Planting trees.

-Doing a karaoke with Green Day songs.

-Letting bands play Green Day songs.

-Playing that quiz.

-Getting money out of selling T-shirts and other items that we haven't decided yet. If we can get the t-shirts out of the official website, someone will buy a bunch of them there and re-sell them on the 28th. This person will only have to pay the shipping once for 20 t-shirts or so, so we can sell them for 20€ or something like that, that it's cheaper than if everyone went to buy their own one (because of the shipping) and we'll make a few euros from each t-shirt. This money will go to expenses of the event, and if we make enough, we'll donate it to some organization we haven't decided yet.

if you decide u want official shirt I get you them at cost plus shipping so you can make the profits for your platform. but i wish u would stay

on with us because the fundraising money from site ,donations,auctions and everything will be shared with every team for their platform

and you'd get much more money that way to help with this. honoring green day and helping the environment is what matters most

I want to help everyone

The website looks really cool. :thumbsup:

I'm all for this if anything happens in florida. (if it's not too far from where i am) :whistle

I love those ideas! I would love if we could get sponsors here in Germany (e.g. restaurants to donate food and such) and also do environmental stuff but I think that all is hard to do. I can't imagine restaurants here to donate food or money but I guess it's worth a shot.

Do you ask restaurants in the city we your meet-up is going to be?

Because ours will be in Cologne so I would have people from there have to do it. If they're willing to do so ;)

Yeah, you could try ;) I don't live near Madrid (where the meet-up is going to be), nor does the other rep for Spain (María), but we have 2 girls from Madrid that are going to do that kind of thigs :)

I don't think you should give flyers to people, at least not yet. If someone gave it to me and I saw that the event is 4 months from now, I'd probably throw it away and I won't remember again.

if you decide u want official shirt I get you them at cost plus shipping so you can make the profits for your platform. but i wish u would stay

on with us because the fundraising money from site ,donations,auctions and everything will be shared with every team for their platform

and you'd get much more money that way to help with this. honoring green day and helping the environment is what matters most

I want to help everyone

I keep reading this but I don't get what you're trying to say... :unsure:

Archived