Green Day Across The World

AntonGlader

ok everyone I need your honest opinion here. Be totally honest about what I wrote.

I didn't want to put in a bunch of statistics and stuff like most people writing about

Green Day do. I will put some stuff about them and their background in the flash

player that flashes their pictures and tells a little about them. I'll be doing a bio on

each and tell about all their charity work too I figured since this is. Since we are

about honoring them as fans I'd write it from a fans point a view. Be honest please,

and tell me if I need to add or take away something or if it's crap please.

Well, firstly the spelling needs to be proofread (?), there are some typos in there and a couple of punctuation mistakes (no comma where there's supposed to be one, or no space after a comma or period), and Tre's name without the accent. Also, "a hard bumpy road" sounds a bit double (redundant?). And I've always learned that it's better to type out the numbers, so "two" instead of 2. And sorry if I'm wrong, English isn't my first language after all, but I think it's "perspective", not "prospective". And this sentence: "If you ever get a chance go see a live Green Day concert and when you walk away from it you will be changed forever" doesn't run very well. I also think it's "put them in a box", not "box them in". There are a couple of more small things like that that could run just a little bit better than they are written now. Kind of nitpicky things, sorry. I hope this is not too annoying, heh :pinch:

For the rest, I think that kind of set-up for a bio is a good one. Maybe have some factual things on the site as well for those that aren't very familiar with Green Day (because if it's going to reach out to a whole lot of people, there should be some info about them on the site as well), but I think this is a very good thing to have on the site. How Green Day affect people and the motivation behind this project.

Well, firstly the spelling needs to be proofread (?), there are some typos in there and a couple of punctuation mistakes (no comma where there's supposed to be one, or no space after a comma or period), and Tre's name without the accent. Also, "a hard bumpy road" sounds a bit double (redundant?). And I've always learned that it's better to type out the numbers, so "two" instead of 2. And sorry if I'm wrong, English isn't my first language after all, but I think it's "perspective", not "prospective". And this sentence: "If you ever get a chance go see a live Green Day concert and when you walk away from it you will be changed forever" doesn't run very well. I also think it's "put them in a box", not "box them in". There are a couple of more small things like that that could run just a little bit better than they are written now. Kind of nitpicky things, sorry. I hope this is not too annoying, heh :pinch:

For the rest, I think that kind of set-up for a bio is a good one. Maybe have some factual things on the site as well for those that aren't very familiar with Green Day (because if it's going to reach out to a whole lot of people, there should be some info about them on the site as well), but I think this is a very good thing to have on the site. How Green Day affect people and the motivation behind this project.

sorry I been up all night so my grammar is lacking from no sleep also I will put a lot of facts about the band throughout the site.

This is a very rough draft. I even decided to add 2 more pages to the site so fans can leave green day a message if they want

sorry I been up all night so my grammar is lacking from no sleep also I will put a lot of facts about the band throughout the site.

This is a very rough draft. I even decided to add 2 more pages to the site so fans can leave green day a message if they want

Oh, I see. I just thought I'd mention it. :)

That sounds like a cool idea. Especially if this gets big enough for the guys to hear about it :happy:

Oh, I see. I just thought I'd mention it. :)

That sounds like a cool idea. Especially if this gets big enough for the guys to hear about it :happy:

they will I'm giving billie and the cast a flyer about it when i'm in nyc on jan 6th- 11th.

plus someone already sent their manager an enail. i tell you this is going to be

huge and no one seems to believe me, but you all will be amazed

they will I'm giving billie and the cast a flyer about it when i'm in nyc on jan 6th- 11th.

plus someone already sent their manager an enail. i tell you this is going to be

huge and no one seems to believe me, but you all will be amazed

Awesome! I hope that works.

It does seem very promising to become huge.

I've been lurking around this thread a bit lately, but I'm new to it... I assume there'll be more information and details later on? By the looks of it I think it seems like an awesome idea. :happy:

I've been lurking around this thread a bit lately, but I'm new to it... I assume there'll be more information and details later on? By the looks of it I think it seems like an awesome idea. :happy:

lots more after holidays and website is up

This is great. I was expecting a "biography" as in "GD is a pop-punk band from Oakland, CA...In 1994, they released their first major album Dookie" etc But this is way better because it sums up who Green Day are and what they're about and what they mean to their fans. It's a lot more interesting than reading statistics so I'm glad you did it this way. I don't think I would change anything about it, at least I can't think of anything right now.

edit: I agree with Sanne that this sentence "If you ever get a chance go see a live Green Day concert and when you walk away from it you will be changed forever" doesn't run very well. Maybe just split it into two different sentences or so.

Awesome! I hope that works.

It does seem very promising to become huge.

i'll get a chance to give billie a flyer because if he sees me he will want to know if i got the tattoo i promised him i would

i'll get a chance to give billie a flyer because if he sees me he will want to know if i got the tattoo i promised him i would

I hope someone will film it again :happy: I love the video of you meeting Billie!

This is amazing :) It's really written from the fans perspective and it shows what Green Day actually means to us. I love this part -

"...you will be changed forever. Green Day's music just reaches down to your very soul and pulls out who you are, the real you and let's you know it's ok to be the real you and not someone else art project. To believe in who we are and if others don't like the real you then they were not the people you need to surround yourself with anyway. It's ok to speak your mind and to question everything."

Hey Dawn should I send you an e-mail or something? 'cause I'm one of the representives from Finland (with musse) and I understood that I should e-mail to you.

Sorry if I'm late :)

Hey Dawn should I send you an e-mail or something? 'cause I'm one of the representives from Finland (with musse) and I understood that I should e-mail to you.

Sorry if I'm late :)

This. i'm representing Norway, but i didn't hear about this.

Are you fully in charge now, Dawn?

I'm sorry too if i'm late about this, but i didn't know.

Sounds like an awesome idea.

We'll have to see what cities to meet in in the US, because I'm sure not all of us could make it to Washington D.C.

Yeah... we should do each state... cuz i know i cant make t to DC

I have been without enter here from ages!

Can someone tell me briefly what's going on here? Please :ninja:

I really wanna help you guys, but there are too many pages !!

I have been without enter here from ages!

Can someone tell me briefly what's going on here? Please :ninja:

I really wanna help you guys, but there are too many pages !!

I don't really know where you got lost, so I'll tell you everything:

There's going to be a Green Day celebration day on May 28th, the day is going to be called "Green Day Across the World" because it's going to be all over the world.

What we're going to do is something environmental friendly, and then each country decides what to do to celebrate the "Green Day day".

There's a website that's going to be up the first days of January (Dawn runs that) where there's going to be all the updates for the event, photos of the band, the fans, info, etc.

Dawn is also running a contest that ends in a few days for the best logo, and another one for anyone who participates on the event that is a guitar (Fender Stratocaster) signed by the band. She's also raising money to support the event, t-shirts... and the rest is going to NRDC I believe (correct me if I'm wrong).

For Spain, we thought of making a karaoke with laptops, loudspeakers and a microphone (we need someone that brings the loudspeakers and microphone), and also it has been said that we could make that a few bands go to play some Green Day songs, but no one gives ideas about how to actually do that, so if you have any...

Me da pereza seguir escribiendo en inglés xD

Cómo hacerlo, dónde, cómo montarlo, porque ya no vale simplemente con un micro y altavoces de poca monta... así que eso, sugerencias por diossss!!

And there isn't much more going on, after the holidays it will start to get more serious :)

NRDC could post something in their website so more people would know about it (if you're going to give them the money) I mean they can support us or something.

I cannot wait to know about my university entrance exams so I'd know if I am able or not to go to Madrid!

What are you doing in other countries besides the environmental thing by the way?

In Melbourne I've planned to have a bake sale, thus far... You see, I enjoy baking cupcakes and I thought it would be a good opportunity to make really awesome cupcakes and sell them to the people of Melbourne! But I want to give the money I raise to the RSPCA or PETA because Animal rights is something I'm truly passionate about!

About the guitar prize-thingy, the prize for someone who participates. Just wondering, how would we participate?

Is it just if you turn up on the day, or do you have to be one of the representatives or help with setting up?

Yet we have no idea what we will do for Finland. We only know that we have like 60 people joining this event :D

Any ideas?

Archived