Green Day Across The World

AntonGlader

Since this is no longer a poll and we already have our title should we close this thread

and start a new one? It may attract more people that way....What do you all think?

No. That would just be confusing. Why can't we use this thread for further discussion?

No. That would just be confusing. Why can't we use this thread for further discussion?

I was just assuming that once people had voted they may not come back

and look at the thread now that the poll is done. When you see the

title in Green Day Chat it looks like just a poll. I thought maybe by

making a new thread and calling it, "Green Day Across The World

May 28, 2011" and putting worldwide celebration as a sub-title that

it may attract new people. I wonder if there is a way to just change the

title and take away the poll part?

I was just assuming that once people had voted they may not come back

and look at the thread now that the poll is done. When you see the

title in Green Day Chat it looks like just a poll. I thought maybe by

making a new thread and calling it, "Green Day Across The World

May 28, 2011" and putting worldwide celebration as a sub-title that

it may attract new people. I wonder if there is a way to just change the

title and take away the poll part?

Ah, I see. You have a point there.

And yes, a mod can do that.

That's awesome. :D

But I don't think I'll be able to organize something like this where I live.. v.v

A lot of people think that but you would be surprised how many people out there would love to

help. I need everyone's help to get the word out in their areas. Where do you live?

That's awesome. :D

But I don't think I'll be able to organize something like this where I live.. v.v

Just create a facebook page or something like that to tell your country (Italy, right?) about it, and send some e-mails to newspapers and those kind of things. You can ask some friend or someone in your family to help too. It doesn't have to be something massive like Dawn is doing it.

Just create a facebook page or something like that to tell your country (Italy, right?) about it, and send some e-mails to newspapers and those kind of things. You can ask some friend or someone in your family to help too. It doesn't have to be something massive like Dawn is doing it.

Yes, it doesn't have to be huge every little bit helps, even if it's you and a few friends because you can't get to the main one in your

country or state. Do the best you can. The reason mine is such a huge undertaking is because I've got 50 states to help organize.

Also I chose to take on this and make it big. I can help anyone that needs me even if outside the United States. The web site

is for everyone all over the world and I'm trying to raise money to help get the whole event up and running on a global scale.

I just want this day to honor Green Day and thank them for all that they have done for their fans.

I can never thank Billie Joe for taking time out of his busy schedule on Oct. 3rd,2010 the final day that he preformed in American

Idiot as St. Jimmy. After the show was over I was brought on stage at The St James Theater in my wheelchair to meet

Billie Joe. I had been waiting for almost 2 decades to say thank you to Billie Joe and to give him a hug. My wish came true

and so so so much more. Billie even remembered me from his concert I attended in 1991. He was so amazing he took his

time and chatted with me. It was the best day of my life so far. Billie didn't have to take time out of his very busy night to

meet and talk to a disabled Army Veteran in a wheelchair, but he did. He even asked me that if he signed his name would I go

and get it tattooed, and of course I did go and get his autograph on my arm tattooed. That is the kind of person Billie and the rest of

Green Day are. They love their fans and always do their best to take their time out for us. Green Day's music has helped me through

some very dark and dismal times in my life and on 2 occasions they actually saved my life. Once when I 1st saw them in

concert in 1991 six months after my baby boy had been murdered and the other time was when I woke up in Germany after

being injured in Afghanistan by an IED explosion and lost my ability to walk. I lost my husband, my Army career, the ability to

walk and to care for myself or my kids. I lost a lot all at once and I'm grateful that Green Day's music pulled me out of giving up

on life. Now whenever I feel sad I look at my arm and see Billie's name and it makes me smile and it will be with me for the rest of

my life. So you see I feel like I owe Green Day so much and I want this event to be great to show them that they are truly loved and

respected by their fans.

If anyone needs help just ask me and I'll do my very best to help you the best way I can. This event means so very much to

me. I'm going to bust my ass to make this event the biggest and the best event in the history of music. I can't think of a better

way to honor Green Day than by doing this event and taking on the issue of cleaning up the environment because I know that

it is an important issue to the band. I'm sure we all have our own stories of what Green Day has meant or done for us through their

music. I hope everyone will step up and do their best to help confront this environmental issue on May 28, 2011 in honor of

Green Day. I just know we can do this!

I can never thank Billie Joe for taking time out of his busy schedule on Oct. 3rd,2010 the final day that he preformed in American

Idiot as St. Jimmy. After the show was over I was brought on stage at The St James Theater in my wheelchair to meet

Billie Joe. I had been waiting for almost 2 decades to say thank you to Billie Joe and to give him a hug. My wish came true

and so so so much more. Billie even remembered me from his concert I attended in 1991. He was so amazing he took his

time and chatted with me. It was the best day of my life so far. Billie didn't have to take time out of his very busy night to

meet and talk to a disabled Army Veteran in a wheelchair, but he did. He even asked me that if he signed his name would I go

and get it tattooed, and of course I did go and get his autograph on my arm tattooed. That is the kind of person Billie and the rest of

Green Day are. They love their fans and always do their best to take their time out for us. Green Day's music has helped me through

some very dark and dismal times in my life and on 2 occasions they actually saved my life. Once when I 1st saw them in

concert in 1991 six months after my baby boy had been murdered and the other time was when I woke up in Germany after

being injured in Afghanistan by an IED explosion and lost my ability to walk. I lost my husband, my Army career, the ability to

walk and to care for myself or my kids. I lost a lot all at once and I'm grateful that Green Day's music pulled me out of giving up

on life. Now whenever I feel sad I look at my arm and see Billie's name and it makes me smile and it will be with me for the rest of

my life. So you see I feel like I owe Green Day so much and I want this event to be great to show them that they are truly loved and

respected by their fans.

Your story brings a tear to my eye Dawn. I hope I can help make this such a massive event not only for your sake, but everyones!

Oh I haven't been here for a while... But I like the title too!

.. I had earlier an idea of 'Green Day Fans Unite' but if the name is now already decided, I'm really fine with it :) Well, if we have name now, what should we do next?

btw Musse, I have a video camera and I can even use it! :D

For all GDCers who still have/use Facebook, the link for the worldwide page is below. Please "like" it and suggest it to all your friends so we can get the page up and running! :) Same goes for the second link which is the US page.

Worldwide FB Page

US FB Page

Feel free to post a link to your May 28th event pages if you have them. Let's make this day EPIC! :dance:

Yeah.. you're right. :) Not a bad idea. heh

Thank you guys for agreeing and making this easier on this now we have our tittle,

"Green Day Across The World" I'm so excited. Someone on here contacted me about

maybe helping t-shirts. Contest for the logo will be done on Dec 2nd then shortly

after that the web site should be up and going. Then we will have t-shirts for sale

on there and some big Green Day items up for auction also there will be a spot for

those who can and would like to donate to help with this huge endeavor with

this event. I already have some donations that will be coming in from some businesses

that have committed to donating. I already have several items including a black Fender Strat

signed by Billie, Mike, and Tre' that has been donated to be auctioned off to help raise money for

this event. There will be blogging on the site and places for everyone to comment and be involved.

This will be an awesome web site once it's done and it should help this event out tremendously.

I am still needing people from every state to contact me if you could help out with

this in your area so that way I can get the teams together and going, so I can get

all the info posted on the upcoming website. Once we get the teams together we can get

the platforms for each area in place. Once the holidays are over this is really going to

start moving in high gear. So we really need to get the teams in place asap.

Either post on here or message me or email me or call me if you can help out in

your area and don't mind being part of the team. dawn.wilcox1@gmail.com

254-813-1814

I am hoping the face book and twitter page for this will be up and running soon

I have some people on my team working on this. I am going to do my best to pull fans

in from everywhere. I have a good idea for those in the USA that might help draw in more

people. If everyone would post an ad on www.craigslist.com in your area then we

should be able to reach some more fans that would love to help with this idea.

But in the mean time I really need you guys to step up and join the teams

in your areas. I need to get these all together and write it all down so I can keep track.

I went and bought a folder for each state and a shit load of binders and other office

supplies so I can keep this all organized. So each person volunteering to help please

put some contact info so I can reach you.

Please do let us know when the facebook page is ready , I will try how many fans in HK are interested in joining :)

it's on 28th May 2011 , right ?

Please do let us know when the facebook page is ready , I will try how many fans in HK are interested in joining :)

it's on 28th May 2011 , right ?

The FB page is up and running. There is a link a page back towards the bottom. :)

You're right, it is May 28th 2011!

EDIT: there is also a link to the FB page in my sig. :)

Wait, what happened to the @GDCelebration account on Twitter?

Which one is right now?

I'm still so confused, man. Things are getting a little clearer, but like Punk-tastic32 mentioned, which Twitter account is the 'official' one?

And someone needs to PM a mod to have him/her change the title and sub-title of this thread --- It's clearly not attracting the right kind of attention as is, because even Andres had no idea about this entire event until just recently! Plus, it's incorrectly named. x_X;

Oh, and the poll should probably be removed, if the name for it has already been decided ... :unsure:

Personally, I wanted it to be called 'International Green Day', but whatev'. :(

For all GDCers who still have/use Facebook, the link for the worldwide page is below. Please "like" it and suggest it to all your friends so we can get the page up and running! :) Same goes for the second link which is the US page.

Worldwide FB Page

US FB Page

Feel free to post a link to your May 28th event pages if you have them. Let's make this day EPIC! :dance:

I can't get the USA page to open for me for some reason

I'm still so confused, man. Things are getting a little clearer, but like Punk-tastic32 mentioned, which Twitter account is the 'official' one?

And someone needs to PM a mod to have him/her change the title and sub-title of this thread --- It's clearly not attracting the right kind of attention as is, because even Andres had no idea about this entire event until just recently! Plus, it's incorrectly named. x_X;

Oh, and the poll should probably be removed, if the name for it has already been decided ... :unsure:

Personally, I wanted it to be called 'International Green Day', but whatev'. :(

I have some one making the official twitter page now. They haven't sent me a link yet so I'm assuming she is still working on it.

The name is "Green Day Across The World" it's kind of a of a compromise for everyone and it's straight and to the point so that's

the name we went with. Yes I need to ask the MOD to change the name to "Green Day Across The World"

I have some one making the official twitter page now. They haven't sent me a link yet so I'm assuming she is still working on it.

The name is "Green Day Across The World" it's kind of a of a compromise for everyone and it's straight and to the point so that's

the name we went with. Yes I need to ask the MOD to change the name to "Green Day Across The World"

Thanks, Dawn! So the two Twitter accounts that exist currently should just be disregarded ...? =o

And you're right, it's deffo straight to the point, albeit a little bit of a mouthful. I suppose we could just acronym it, though!

'GDATW'?

Thanks, Dawn! So the two Twitter accounts that exist currently should just be disregarded ...? =o

And you're right, it's deffo straight to the point, albeit a little bit of a mouthful. I suppose we could just acronym it, though!

'GDATW'?

I am having them fix them and to put "Official" on them and they should put the links on here so that

way everyone will know.

Green Day Axross the World?

so we ignore the poll? :lol:

yes because we never got to pick the names to be in the poll, so this was the best compromise

for everyone and I had to lock something in for the contest I'm running to come up with a logo for

this event and to give to the web site designer.

Here are the links to the official Facebook pages:

Official World Page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Green-Day-Across-The-World-Official/128245330566649

Official US Page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Green-Day-Across-The-US-Official/148201951892065

Official Texas Page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Green-Day-Across-Texas-Official/152963171415208

The official twitter account is @GreenDayATWrld. It is linked to the official world Facebook page so be sure to follow in order to get all the updated information. :)

Here are the links to the official Facebook pages:

Official World Page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Green-Day-Across-The-World-Official/128245330566649

Official US Page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Green-Day-Across-The-US-Official/148201951892065

Official Texas Page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Green-Day-Across-Texas-Official/152963171415208

The official twitter account is @GreenDayATWrld. It is linked to the official world Facebook page so be sure to follow in order to get all the updated information. :)

These are the "Official" ones everyone^......

We now have a thread title and not just a pole :bunny::banana::dance:

Archived