Green Day Across The World

AntonGlader

I think its a great idea and I will try to be a part of it. I'm not gonna be in my country in May, but maybe I can find people in Germany (Heidelberg). There is still enough time to plan it all out and I'm sure a lot of people will be interested.

What do you guys think about "Green Day Fans Around The World" as the title I put fan in and took Unite out.

The others to me just don't fit. I'm trying to look at it from a prespective of the average fan that doen't come online at

GDC and GDA. I even went around asking random people what each of these titles tell them about this event and below

is the answers I got most frequently. So you guys tell me what you think I have even made an email just in case it's

GreenDayFansAroundTheWorld@gmail.com

Green for a Day - sounds like enviromental only and nothing to do with the band

Green Day Across The World- sounds like the band is going to be going around the world

Gree Day Celebration Day- sounds like just a party and nothing about fans all over the world supporting a cause also

International Green Day- sounds like the band is touring or something

Best Thing in Town- doesn't even really even tell anything about the event

So you guys tell me what you think about this.... I think that title will look awesome on banners and shirts.

Every one's input is needed maybe one of you might know a better one. I just don't think the ones in the pole

will work especially since I went around getting opinions of stangers and most said the same things.

OK, that one is fine too. It's true that "Green Day across the world" could sound like the band is going across the world, so only an extra world I think it's ok. I still like Green for a Day though xD

And it's poll not pole!! :lol: Billie can be a bad influence some times :lol:

how far is the homepage?

youll have to ask dawn her son was going to do it^^

I think its great, his a real proffesional and I think its genius :3

I think we should take the winner of the poll couse thats the most fair :3 and I dont wanna drive anyone over ^^ So the new name will be Green for a day in that case I totally love the other ideas but this is a thing for everyone so it should be decided by everyone :3

Okay! this is how it is! We are trying to make everyone happy, but everyone wanna do this in diffrent ways! So it hurts me when you say that we are doing this for ourselfs! We are not deciding this on our own feelings we decide on the things we hear from other people. We do not think this is our thing couse its not! We are the creators and we thought since we begun this we should fight until the end but now it seams like noone belives in us. We try to take all the shiit that we hear because we fight for this, if you dont like something come with a better idea but say to us couse we see everything and are a bridg between other sites. So this is not only a GDC thing its bigger and now it feels like Green Day is slipping appart! Thats why we do this to keep them alive. And we wanted to wait with the logo and the name to make as many people as possible happy its 7 months until acctuall event and we thought it would be best to not hasitate.

We dont care about anything anymore just to make this work and if you want us to step aside so let it be...

I think you just misunderstood something there. (Or people misunderstood you because of the language barrier)

We are quite a few hundred people from like 20 to 30 different countries. You can't really expect everyone to do the exact same on the day of the event or to do this in the same way. Of course everyone has different ideas of how to celebrate and honor their band so therefore different ideas spread around. No offence, but I don't see why I should come to you about certain things that are only about the meet up in my country so of course, I will talk about that to my fellow Germans. Of course, you will be updated and informed about the ideas and all, but the main things (like where to meet up) will be posted to those who it concerns.

Most are just trying to take some weight off your shoulders but apparently, some things we do or say are coming across differently or in a wrong way.

I think its a great idea and I will try to be a part of it. I'm not gonna be in my country in May, but maybe I can find people in Germany (Heidelberg). There is still enough time to plan it all out and I'm sure a lot of people will be interested.

Hey! We will have a meet up in Germany. Here is the FB page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=171412756204288

Feel free to join! We would love to have you there.

We now have a Facebook event page for all you English people here. Also if you didn't know already, Naveed has set up a separate thread where you can vote for where you want the English celebrations to be held which is here. :)

I think you just misunderstood something there. (Or people misunderstood you because of the language barrier)

We are quite a few hundred people from like 20 to 30 different countries. You can't really expect everyone to do the exact same on the day of the event or to do this in the same way. Of course everyone has different ideas of how to celebrate and honor their band so therefore different ideas spread around. No offence, but I don't see why I should come to you about certain things that are only about the meet up in my country so of course, I will talk about that to my fellow Germans. Of course, you will be updated and informed about the ideas and all, but the main things (like where to meet up) will be posted to those who it concerns.

Most are just trying to take some weight off your shoulders but apparently, some things we do or say are coming across differently or in a wrong way.

I think each country should have the freedom to decide about everything that's going to happen in their country. And I don't think we have to inform about everything :blink: Though it would be nice if we all posted that ideas we have to try to make similar things in general.

I feel like i'm falling a bit behind on the updates in this thread. Are there any confirmed plans i should know about?

And i made a youtube account where i'll post videos with information in norwegian for the norwegian fans. I think it's easier to get the message across with a youtube link or something. What do you guys think about that? Is it a bad idea? Please let me know what you think. There are no videos there yet, but heres the link if anybody feels like subscribing. Link

I'm also planning on making en event on facebook for the norwegian meeting when we're a bit closer to the date.

I think each country should have the freedom to decide about everything that's going to happen in their country. And I don't think we have to inform about everything :blink: Though it would be nice if we all posted that ideas we have to try to make similar things in general.

Exactly! That's what I was saying! I think we all want to do at least something similar on this day so main ideas should be shared here. But small things like e.g. going to picnic in whatever park of your city...nobody would care about where someone elses group goes to, you know what I mean? Or in what street you are going to plant a tree or so :lol: For example...

I got another idea. Might be stupid but sometimes my stupid ideas are my best :ninja:

Since Dawn came up with making all those different things like banners etc, it will cost her lots of money. So wouldn't it be fair if everyone donates a little bit to their group and then they are going to do whatever they want with that money (like making banners, flyers, buy ad space etc.)? Just an idea...

Exactly! That's what I was saying! I think we all want to do at least something similar on this day so main ideas should be shared here. But small things like e.g. going to picnic in whatever park of your city...nobody would care about where someone elses group goes to, you know what I mean? Or in what street you are going to plant a tree or so :lol: For example...

I got another idea. Might be stupid but sometimes my stupid ideas are my best :ninja:

Since Dawn came up with making all those different things like banners etc, it will cost her lots of money. So wouldn't it be fair if everyone donates a little bit to their group and then they are going to do whatever they want with that money (like making banners, flyers, buy ad space etc.)? Just an idea...

I think Dawn has sponsors lined up so she may be reimbursed for the money she is spending... either way I would be happy to donate some money to Dawn!

Yep :happy:

You mean in each country? mmm... that could be a good idea.

Yep :happy:

You mean in each country? mmm... that could be a good idea.

Yes, in each country. For example, all the Spanish participants donate money to their group (or their group leader) and they go spend it on promotions or T-Shirts, banner or whatever. Or food for their picnic.

Yes, in each country. For example, all the Spanish participants donate money to their group (or their group leader) and they go spend it on promotions or T-Shirts, banner or whatever. Or food for their picnic.

I like it :D I think the best way to do it is that the leaders spend the money from their own pocket and then the day of the meet-up everyone has to bring X amount, that would be the money divided between the number of people.

I LOVE it!!! :wub: That is awesome that should be our motto / picture. That is so awesome!

you did a kick ass job on that. My son is building a website for me do you mind if I use this picture

on it?

Yes, of course you can use :)

What do you guys think about "Green Day Fans Around The World" as the title I put fan in and took Unite out.

The others to me just don't fit.

Thing is, like half the people on here are in favour of a different title.

This is a fan thing, not a random people thing (and fans will get Green For a Day. Also, to me "Green Day Across The World" sounds more like that Green Day will be "spread" all over the world, will be celebrated across the world.) And "Green Day Fans Around The World" sounds like there will be a bunch of fans travelling all over the place, or something, to me. I mean, yes, it is the most clear title, but I think it's boring.

I think the result of the poll would have been different if we had been given better options to start out with, the option in the lead is only in the lead because it's the best of the 5, but not necessarily the most fitting title anyone could have come up with. Just sayin'. I don't think it really matters though, I'm happy with whatever wins, the name's not the most important aspect of what this is all about, we only really need it just so we can move on and start spreading the word around. :)

Then its decided Green for a day it is?

For some reason most people seem to dislike that title even though it's got the most votes in the poll. If we wanted to make things really difficult (but make sure no one's feelings get hurt), we could make a new poll with all the names anyone ever came up with, and then vote again.

But really, this is such nitpicking now. The name isn't the main point in this project and we can't move on until we have an "official" title. I personally don't really like the title Green for a Day but seriously, in the end the name isn't the thing that matters. What really matters is our love for the band and our will to work together to make this awesome event work out.

(By the way, if we're going with "Green for a Day", how about something like this? I made it quickly, and with Paint, so it's a bit messy but you get the idea ^^)

For some reason most people seem to dislike that title even though it's got the most votes in the poll. If we wanted to make things really difficult (but make sure no one's feelings get hurt), we could make a new poll with all the names anyone ever came up with, and then vote again.

No, it's just that the people who do like it don't speak up because they have no reason to - they like it and it's winning. It's the people who want a different title who say that.

I agree that it's nitpicking, btw.

I voted Green For A Day because it was the best of the options we were given, but I still don't like it. I'm a fussy pain in the ass but I would've loved a better title. I don't really care in the end though, just as long as we can move along and get things worked out.

saw this idea on fb and was surpised how many fans rejected it (not only rejected, but were very against the idea.) i personally like it! and i think 'green for a day' is a very cute and fitting name for such a celebration. kudos!

saw this idea on fb and was surpised how many fans rejected it (not only rejected, but were very against the idea.) i personally like it! and i think 'green for a day' is a very cute and fitting name for such a celebration. kudos!

Why would people be totally against it? :blink: Did they give reasons?

Sorry, I'd check for myself, but I don't have FB. :P

I have a lot of things I'm working on right now and I'll feel you in this weekend about it all.

i have a teleconference on Friday with someone about this and I also already have some

donated items to be auctioned off to help raise money. I promise I'll fill everyone in Saturday

when these idea are more concrete but you will love them if it comes through. I just wanted to

come on here and let everyone know I'm still working away hard on this, I didn't want you to

think I backed out or anything because I haven't posted in here in the past few days.

Also anytime you guys want to call me and discuss this or have any ideas you can call m :banana: e

254-813-1814. Wish me luck and cross your fingers that everything works out in the meeting

on Friday. I will let you guys no more on Friday

Just a small question... will it matter if Adelaide dropped out of this? Like, seriously, I'm all up for it, but I feel as though I'm going to crack under the pressure, and I don't want to feel like an absolute fool if I fail badly.

Sorry if I was being really negative :unsure:

This sounds like a really great idea! Could be a lot of fun. (:

All i need to know is where i would meet lol.

Archived