Green Day Across The World

AntonGlader

We should put some around the Valley, some interesting characters are bound to show up then XD

Hahaha :lol: they'll perform a nice stabbing or two to wrap up the event in true valley style.

On a more serious note, I actually reckon we should do the valley, west end maybe, and just generally around the city. Give flyers to Rocking Horse Records? It's a pretty good place.

Ok not everyone in the valley stabs people. I'm sorry harmless interesting characters. :ninja:

Someone may have already suggested this, but maybe once the details have been worked out (Definite time, date, location for each city) then people from that area could stick poster flyer things with the details for that area on street poles and stuff? Use the logo etc...make an event like poster and stick them around the town for the casual walker by? I'd be happy to print some off and stick them around brisbane .

Yeah, that would be nice. I'm not sure if it's legal to put posters around the city (I don't want to waste my time putting up posters if they'll be ripped off immediately) but I'll try to find out about that.

I am also going to help supply stuff and give stuff for contests for Green Day fans outside the United States, just get with the representative in your country for details.

That sounds awesome :) I'm the Finnish representative and I'd really appreciate it if you could help supplying some stuff (I don't know about the contest thing though, I don't really like the idea of the fans competing against each other. But that's just me ^^)

musse I can help you organizing and exspecially putting posters and stuff :)

That poster idea is good, but how could we get more attention? (it would be just awesome get it from media..)

musse I can help you organizing and exspecially putting posters and stuff :)

That poster idea is good, but how could we get more attention? (it would be just awesome get it from media..)

Thank you :) I think we should wait until we have more details about the event but once we have that worked out, we gotta promote A LOT ^^

We could try to get more attention by contacting magazines/newspapers/tv & radio stations etc. I think quite many (at least European) cities have the newspaper called Metro (the one they give away for free at bus/train stations and stuff), and if they heard about this event from many different countries that might make them curious. Dunno. In Finland we should definitely tell The Voice about this, they might actually notice it.

What?

You wre like "I don't wanna go out and plant trees" And I was disappointed. Y'know.. sarcasm. xD

Hahaha :lol: they'll perform a nice stabbing or two to wrap up the event in true valley style.

On a more serious note, I actually reckon we should do the valley, west end maybe, and just generally around the city. Give flyers to Rocking Horse Records? It's a pretty good place.

Ok not everyone in the valley stabs people. I'm sorry harmless interesting characters. :ninja:

Rocking Horse Records is the most amazing place ever! So yeah thats sounds pretty good all around the city, especially the south bank market areas as well, we will cover the city in flyers! :D

Thank you :) I think we should wait until we have more details about the event but once we have that worked out, we gotta promote A LOT ^^

We could try to get more attention by contacting magazines/newspapers/tv & radio stations etc. I think quite many (at least European) cities have the newspaper called Metro (the one they give away for free at bus/train stations and stuff), and if they heard about this event from many different countries that might make them curious. Dunno. In Finland we should definitely tell The Voice about this, they might actually notice it.

Hhhaha let's have Demi to follow us for that day... (oh yess I noticed that poster on your wall in that thankyou-pic :eyebrow: )

erm no..

But Voice, Metro?? mmmmm great ideas, what else would we have here?

You wre like "I don't wanna go out and plant trees" And I was disappointed. Y'know.. sarcasm. xD

Ah, I get it ;D

Someone may have already suggested this, but maybe once the details have been worked out (Definite time, date, location for each city) then people from that area could stick poster flyer things with the details for that area on street poles and stuff? Use the logo etc...make an event like poster and stick them around the town for the casual walker by? I'd be happy to print some off and stick them around brisbane .

That's a great idea :D

So the idea is, hang around and those kind of things, plus doing something related to the environment, right?

Hhhaha let's have Demi to follow us for that day... (oh yess I noticed that poster on your wall in that thankyou-pic :eyebrow: )

erm no..

But Voice, Metro?? mmmmm great ideas, what else would we have here?

Damn you're good :lol: I have to admit that I do order Demi (well, it's more for my sister but I read it too) and I don't think it's a bad idea to tell them about this. I don't expect them to make a 10-page article about Finnish Green Day fans, but y'know... They might be interested. I remember them having an article about some girls who organised their own music festival (or something) and this is a bit like that.

Then we have Nyt-liite but they probably wouldn't care (HS is too formal and "adult" to notice us I think) and Soundi but I don't really know about that either. But it won't harm anyone if we contact them, right? :)

Damn you're good :lol: I have to admit that I do order Demi (well, it's more for my sister but I read it too) and I don't think it's a bad idea to tell them about this. I don't expect them to make a 10-page article about Finnish Green Day fans, but y'know... They might be interested. I remember them having an article about some girls who organised their own music festival (or something) and this is a bit like that.

Then we have Nyt-liite but they probably wouldn't care (HS is too formal and "adult" to notice us I think) and Soundi but I don't really know about that either. But it won't harm anyone if we contact them, right? :)

I'm great, I know :shifty:

We should just tell about this every magazine and else we know. (but I won't touch any other teenage girl magazine like miss mix or something shitty like that)

Ohh I'm very excited about this thing :lol:

I think those pics are awesome but I'd put Green Day Fans Across The World because it is

Green Day fans across the world that will be coming together and just putting Green Day

Across The World doesn't say anything about what it is really about which is Green Day

fans coming together. I'd also put Unite at the end of it because that's what the fans are

doing uniting. Green Day Fans Across The World Unite sounds awesome, dawn71 was right

that would say what we are really doing. I brt that would grab the media's attention more also.

Small trial :

terrepng22.png

I'm great, I know :shifty:

We should just tell about this every magazine and else we know. (but I won't touch any other teenage girl magazine like miss mix or something shitty like that)

Ohh I'm very excited about this thing :lol:

I don't love the idea of contacting Miss Mix either, but we could always try. I'm pretty sure that people who read Miss Mix don't give a shit about GD but... Okay, maybe that's a bad idea. They won't care :D And if they do, they'll find us some other way. But other magazines, yes.

I'm excited, too :lol:

I'm confused by this whole thing... I don't see how it could work, epecially in a country like the u.s., were everyone is so spread out...

I'm confused by this whole thing... I don't see how it could work, epecially in a country like the u.s., were everyone is so spread out...

Even if just a few people meet up, it's better than nothing. I once was at a GDC meet up and we were only three people but it was still fun andwe had a great day. It's normally no problem to organise over the internet.

Even if just a few people meet up, it's better than nothing. I once was at a GDC meet up and we were only three people but it was still fun andwe had a great day. It's normally no problem to organise over the internet.

yeah, but how do I know were to go? Thats the thing I mostly cofused about.

I really can't wait to meet some of you guys, even if I'm a little confuzzled by the concept. :happy:

Hi I must really say to all Representer to give out their Skypes so we can start this soon or add me instead qod123. If you are a representer and do not have skype get one its the eisiest way to contact everyone

Rocking Horse Records is the most amazing place ever! So yeah thats sounds pretty good all around the city, especially the south bank market areas as well, we will cover the city in flyers! :D

It most definitely is! So yes I like your ideas, it's now just dependant on what the flyers actually say :)

It most definitely is! So yes I like your ideas, it's now just dependant on what the flyers actually say :)

Hahaha yeah, we should probably hope to attract people who are green day fans - not people who will come to annoy us just because we are fans XP

Is just anyone able to suggest a logo for this? Cause i think id like to submit one :)

I dunno, but I want to see it!

And if we could do different flyers, not just one specific? Like couple different logos which say the same thing..?

That logo posted here before was great, but I liked it better when 'Green Day' was written in Kerplunk font.. :happy:

Hahaha yeah, we should probably hope to attract people who are green day fans - not people who will come to annoy us just because we are fans XP

:lol: That would be favourable, I don't want some douche invading such a holy event.

On another note, people have been suggesting magazines, do you reckon free music mags like Time Off and Rave would do a little add?

I am going to work my ass of getting the attention of the press as much as I can for this

event. Even if I have to buy ad space in the biggest music magazines on the planet.

I think the closer the day gets the more you will see it in magazines and n TV. I am

going to make this a historical Green Day event if it's the last thing I do. This is

going to be bigger than anyone could possibly even imagine. I promise you this....

This project is very important to me and very close to my heart. This to me is

the ultimate way to say thank you to Green Day from their fans. This is something

that has never in the history of music has ever been done by fans of a band before.

This will be talked about for years to come. Kind of like Woodstock was, but this

won't be about a collection of bands all in one spot like Woodstock was. This will be

about one band, the greatest band on the planet, Green Day and there will be celebrations

going on all over the world in every country on the same day. This will make history! On the day

that Green Day gets inducted into the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame and the presenter gives

a speech about Green Day, May 28, 2011 will be spoken about.

I am going to work my ass of getting the attention of the press as much as I can for this

event. Even if I have to buy ad space in the biggest music magazines on the planet.

I think the closer the day gets the more you will see it in magazines and n TV. I am

going to make this a historical Green Day event if it's the last thing I do. This is

going to be bigger than anyone could possibly even imagine. I promise you this....

This project is very important to me and very close to my heart. This to me is

the ultimate way to say thank you to Green Day from their fans. This is something

that has never in the history of music has ever been done by fans of a band before.

This will be talked about for years to come. Kind of like Woodstock was, but this

won't be about a collection of bands all in one spot like Woodstock was. This will be

about one band, the greatest band on the planet, Green Day and there will be celebrations

going on all over the world in every country on the same day. This will make history! On the day

that Green Day gets inducted into the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame and the presenter gives

a speech about Green Day, May 28, 2011 will be spoken about.

Oh my god, this almost brought tears to my eyes. Yes, we have to make it a historical event!

I'll try to help as much as possible =)

Archived