Green Day Across The World

AntonGlader

We could work together since we live so close to each other.

Definatley!! Maybe we could get Mar involved too? and anyone else on gdc that close. I've got some non-gdc fans that would die to participate!! I'm really excited bout this! :runaround:

This is such a good idea guys! :D

So are we doing one meet up on like the east coast and west coast or are we doing one meet up for every couple of states. Like in my case, like Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Penn, Kentucky and Indiana would be one area?

Well I will gladly be the rep for East coast australia, after next week I have all the time in the world pretty much :D

Sounds good :) So by east coast are we meaning nsw as well?

Sounds good :) So by east coast are we meaning nsw as well?

Yeah sure, I'll even do Victoria if its easier because there are a few peeps down there! This is really exciting! :lol:

Yeah sure, I'll even do Victoria if its easier because there are a few peeps down there! This is really exciting! :lol:

Wait, do you mean you will rep all the east coast meet ups, or do you mean there will only be one meet up for the entire east coast? :S

There are a lot of peeps in Victroria haha.

Sadly, I'm not one of them :(

Me, Sarah and Aska will have a little party here in Perth haha.

nah we'll get something organized with all the others, I know there are a few.

This sounds awesome :D

*gasp*

Idea: Link up the parties via web cam!

Actually, I have no idea how to go about doing this, but it's just an idea :P

I would love to be a part of this, but for it to work out for Europe and the US, I think Asia might have a hard time, time-zone wise. =/

...And I don't think my parents would let me :cry:

Wait, do you mean you will rep all the east coast meet ups, or do you mean there will only be one meet up for the entire east coast? :S

Whatever is easier and depends on how many people

There are a lot of peeps in Victroria haha.

Sadly, I'm not one of them :(

Me, Sarah and Aska will have a little party here in Perth haha.

nah we'll get something organized with all the others, I know there are a few.

This sounds awesome :D

Hahaha I just had a vision of a three people sitting in a room with party hats and a Green Day banner and heaps of food having that awkward moment knowing that's all that's coming lol

But I'm sure we will figure out something we've got a while yet!

EDIT: I was thinking maybe one in Melb one in Brissy?

*gasp*

Idea: Link up the parties via web cam!

Actually, I have no idea how to go about doing this, but it's just an idea :P

I would love to be a part of this, but for it to work out for Europe and the US, I think Asia might have a hard time, time-zone wise. =/

...And I don't think my parents would let me :cry:

webcam would be awesome!

But I don't see how it would work either :/ too many parties too haha.

Maybe everyone films a little HELLO at the parties and uploads them and stuff. that'd be cool.

Hahaha I just had a vision of a three people sitting in a room with party hats and a Green Day banner and heaps of food having that awkward moment knowing that's all that's coming lol

hahaha that would be so funny. and SO like me and aska and sarah haha. then we'd probably just give up and play rockband :P

melb and brissy makes the most sense I think, because there are a lot of young people that wouldn't be able to travel too far I would think.

Not that it makes a difference to me :P

Whatever is easier and depends on how many people

I was thinking one per state? That's not too much and if we find a way to reach a broader audience then I sure there'd be a decent crowd. I mean they fill an arena so the fans have to be out there somewhere :lol:

I was thinking one per state? That's not too much and if we find a way to reach a broader audience then I sure there'd be a decent crowd. I mean they fill an arena so the fans have to be out there somewhere :lol:

Yeah that would be good, just depends on numbers, but hopefully! I'll try and speak to people here from other states and see if they wanna suggest a location to organise and go from there? I was thinking South Bank for us, outside QPAC....

Yeah that would be good, just depends on numbers, but hopefully! I'll try and speak to people here from other states and see if they wanna suggest a location to organise and go from there? I was thinking South Bank for us, outside QPAC....

Oh ok cool :)

Southbank sounds good to me, but I'm fine with anything really, just tell me the details before it happens I suppose :lol:

Oh ok cool :)

Southbank sounds good to me, but I'm fine with anything really, just tell me the details before it happens I suppose :lol:

Haha defiantly, I'll need a way to keep tabs on people lol, and people saying that they are repping on the facebook page :S no matter we shall go on!

Should we make a sig-banner-link thing to use here and on other sites that we may use. Y'know, to like, get the word out? :)

Maybe someone/a few people should contact the creators of the Green Day fan pages out there on facebook? They all have atleast 1000 people who like them, so if a few of the more popular one's promoted this then we could reach more people than just GDC? Just a thought.

Jesus, this thread grows by like 5 pages everytime I'm away from GDC :lol: I think we should make different topics for each country or something like that ASAP, because this thread is getting way too messy when people try to organise the meet-ups.

I'd still like to get more ideas about what we're going to do that day because as the Finland representative I guess I should promote the event but it's a bit difficult since we don't have any plans yet, at all. It's important to come up with a name and all, but planning the actual event should be the 1st priority imo.

Should we make a sig-banner-link thing to use here and on other sites that we may use. Y'know, to like, get the word out? :)

Yes! I was thinking about this too, could someone do this? :) And the representatives could put something like "contact me" to their sigs so that people know who's in charge?

edit// Also, I've been thinking about putting up a Twitter page for the Finnish group, it might be an easy way to keep people updated... And unlike FB, you don't have to register to see the updates so that'd be quite handy.

omg, this is such a cool idea, especially if it works :) so, whose going to london?? :D

I will be in copenhagen! cant wait to see who I meet.

ill meet you there then! :happy:

Maybe someone/a few people should contact the creators of the Green Day fan pages out there on facebook? They all have atleast 1000 people who like them, so if a few of the more popular one's promoted this then we could reach more people than just GDC? Just a thought.

This is spreading all over internet^^ dont think were just sitting on our asses ;)

I think this question has been asked before, but could do in France?

In Paris for example?

I think this question has been asked before, but could do in France?

In Paris for example?

Its already desided we have a representer from France to so it will be of dont worry^^

International Green Day sounds like an official holiday. but it could be associated with Earth Day. lol

any s.e.asian/philippines fans there? =/

It's important to come up with a name and all, but planning the actual event should be the 1st priority imo.

Yes, but you can't really spread the word if it doesn't have a name yet, haha.

This looks like a great idea if it actually works out.

As far as the video thing goes, maybe each group could film something short and then upload it to a website.

(Someone could create an official website to put all of the videos and photos?)

Or, we could just use the Facebook page to upload everything, and make lists of each city that is going to have a meet-up on that day, so then people can see the closest city to them.

(If we created a website for this, we could have a section with a list of all the cities and locations on where to meet.)

We can do one in Chicago, there's a lot of GD fans here in Chicago.

Archived